Name- Hardik Pandya
Date of Birth- 11 October 1993
Age- 27years(as in 2020)
Mother- Nalini Pandya
Father- Himanshu Pandya
Brother- Krunal Pandya
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 6’0 approx.
Weight- 68kg approx.
Jersey Number- 33
Education- 9th Standard
Salary (as in 2018)- Retainer Fee- Rs.50 Lakhs approx.
Test Fee- Rs. 15 Lakhs approx.
ODI Fee- Rs. 6 Lakhs approx.
T20 Fee- Rs. 3 Lakhs approx.
Net Worth- $1m approx.
Hardik Pandya Biography
Hardik Pandya is an all-rounder Indian Cricketer. He is primarily known as an all-rounder who bats right-handed and bowls right-arm fast-medium. Born on 11 October 1993, he completed his schooling from MK High School in Bandra. He started his career in domestic cricket playing for team Baroda. After playing vital role in team Baroda, he got to play his first International match against Australia in 2016. Later, he made his T20 debut against Srilanka in which he took 2 wickets. Over the time, this wiry young cricketer from a small town in Gujarat made his place in team India. Pandya is a talented Indian player who has the ability to play excellent knocks with his bat in ODIs, sealing off some tight run-chase and scoring quick runs as and when required.
Favorite Things of Hardik Pandya
- Akshay Kumar is his Favorite Actor.
- Deepika Padukone is his Favorite Actress.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh are his Favorite Batsmen.
- Harbhajan Singh is his Favorite Bowler.
- Gujarati Cuisine is his Favorite Food.
- Listening to music, Dancing and Travelling are his Favorite Hobby.
- He is fond of tattoos and has multiple tattoos on his arm and upper body.
Facts About Hardik Pandya
- He is known for his big hittings and fearless attitude.
- Hardik’s growing years were not easy and most of his childhood was spent in hardship. He and his brother Krunal would often spend the entire day solely on one meal eating maggie to save money.
- His father is an ardent lover of the cricket. Infact, it was him who drew his and his brother’s interest to cricket as he used to take them to watch matches in Vadodara.
- After seeing the craze for the game, he along with his brother got enrolled in Kiran More’s International Academy at the age of 5 and 7 respectively.
- Kiran More had supported him a lot in his initial days and didn’t not charge any fee from Hardik for first three years of training in his academy.
- Initially, he was a leg-spinner but because of Kiran More, he became a medium pacer.
- His journey to cricket has been tough with full of ups and downs as his father had to quit his job after suffering from heart attack thrice. After the sole bread earner of the family was confined to bed rest, he became more focused towards his cricket career.
- He failed in 9th standard and left his studies to focus on his dream of becoming a cricket.
- Finally in 2013, he made his debut in domestic Indian cricket team playing for Baroda.
- In 2015, John Wright saw great potential in him and therefore he was taken in IPL team of Mumbai Indians. He played well in the series then and rest in history.
- Later, his performance in 2016 finals of Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy drew everyone’s attention on him after he played an unbeaten knock of 86 and led his team to win over Vidarbha cricket.
- He made his International debut against team Australia on 27 January 2016.
- Over the years, his all round performances has earned him a spot in the Indian national team since his debut.
- Hardik has a very cool nickname. He is called ‘Rockstar’ by his teammates.
- Because of his features and characteristics, People often calls him ‘West Indian guy from Baroda’.
- He is a good friend of Irfan Pathan and Yusuf Pathan.
- He has millions of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely.
Hardik Pandya Family
Hardik was born to Himanshu Pandya and Nalini Pandya in Choryasi, Surat, Gujrat. He has an elder brother Krunal Pandya. Krunal is also an Indian cricketer. His father ran a small car finance business in Surat. Later, he chose to shut down his business and move to Vadodara when Hardik was 5 years old. He enrolled his sons into Kiran More’s cricket academy in Vadodara. Financially weak, the Pandya family used to live in a rented apartment in Gorwa. They used a second-hand car to travel to the cricket ground. However, with his hard work and patience, Hardik made his parents proud by being one of the talented cricketers of team India
Hardik Pandya Girlfriends/ Wife
He is dating model Natasa Stankovic. The two have started dating each other in early 2018 but kept their relationship private. On 1 January 2020, they took their relationship to next level and got engaged after hardik proposed her in Dubai. The two of them have shared their engagement news on their respective Instagram accounts.
However before Natasa, he has dated Elli Avram. His news of dating Elli came to limelight after she came to drop him at airport on March 5, 2018. Also, he had dated Kolkata based Model Lisha Sharma in initial days of his cricket career.
Hardik Pandya Career/ International Debut
In 2013, he debuted in first class cricket for Baroda. Later, he played a vital role in Baroda victorious campaign but rose to fame after he played an unbeaten knock of 86 for Baroda and led his team to win over Vidarbha cricket with his performance.
On 26 January, he started his international career with debut in T20 internationals for Team India. He then made his ODI debut in the same year on October 16. Known for his aggressive and big hitting, he played T20’s and ODI’s for a year before making his Test debut on July 26, 2017.
Hardik Pandya Memorable Innings
- One of his most memorable innings was against Pakistan in ICC Champions Trophy finals when India was 54-5 at the end of 14th over. But then Hardik came to play and was going all guns blazing and bring back the hope that India could still win the match. Though India lost the match but his innings were praised by all.
- Another most memorable bowling performance was in ICC T20 World cup against Bangladesh. In that match, Bangladesh needed 2 runs to win off 3 balls. However, because of Hardik, India managed to win the match with the last three balls resulting in 3 wickets- 2 catches and a run-out.
- On January 2018, he showed his mettle in the longer format by scoring his maiden fifty in the very first innings against Sri Lanka. After his performance, he was retained in team for South African tour as well. In the match against South Africa, when the odds were all against him, he came to bat at 76 for 5 and scored 93 off 95 balls impressing everyone with his performance.
Hardik Pandya Achievements/ Records
- He became Man of the Match in his One Day International debut.
- Hardik was the Top Scorer in 2016 Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Tournament with 377 runs.
- The Fastest ever half-century in ICC Champions Trophy Final.
- First Indian who took 4 wickets and scored above 30 runs in the same T20I match.
- First Indian batsman to score a Test century just before lunch.
Hardik Pandya IPL
He began his IPL career in 2015 with Mumbai Indians and has been one of the most impressive players of Mumbai Indians in Indian Premier League. In the year 2020, he played for Mumbai Indians under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma.
Hardik Pandya Controversy
- The player made headlines in the news after he appeared on Karan Johar’s talk show Koffee With Karan along with K.L Rahul in 2019. After the show was premiered, it stirred lots of controversies due to their sexist comments.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram