Name- Kedar Jadhav
Real Name- Kedar Mahadev Jadhav
Date of Birth- 26 March 1985
Age- 34 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Mandakini Jadhav
Father- Mahadev Jadhav
Sister– 3 Elder sisters
Brother- Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Snehal Jadhav
Daughter- 1 Daughter
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 66kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Salary- ODI- 7.5 Lakhs Per Match approx.
T20I – 6 Lakhs Per Match approx.
Kedar Jadhav Biography
Kedar Jadhav is an Indian all-rounder cricketer. He is primarily known for his aggressive batting in the middle order at the times of need. Born on 26 March 1985, he completed his education from Mumbai, Maharashtra. The cricketer came to limelight on his IPL debut for playing team Delhi Daredevils where he hit 50 runs in just 29 balls. Even though he is primarily a batsman but over the time he has shaped himself into a fine all-rounder for the Indian team. He has been through many ups and downs in his career but has always been fortunate enough to found the right support at the right time.
Facts About Kedar Jadhav
- Salman Khan is his Favorite Actor.
- Sachin Tendulkar is his Favorite Cricketer.
- Watching Movies and Travelling are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He started his cricket journey by playing for Maharashtra. In the year 2012, he became the second highest Maharashtrian batsman ever in the Ranji Trophy by making triple century against Uttar Pradesh in Pune at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium.
- In the year 2010, he started his IPL journey where he played for team Delhi Daredevils. On his debut match, the cricketer managed to attract eyeballs for his performance against the team Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- In 2013-14 Ranji trophy season, he scored 1223 in which includes 6 centuries. He became the highest runner of the season and also the fourth highest scorer in the tournament’s history ever. For this performance, he won the Madhavrao Scindia Award.
- Later in June 2014, he was selected in Indian team for Bangladesh tour. However, he did not get to play any game and then few months later, he made his official debut in Indian team against team Sri Lanka in which team India whitewashed Sri Lanka at a scoreline of 5-0 for the first time.
- He scored his first ODI century just after 4 innings. Notably, before him cricketers like Manoj Prabhakar and MS Dhoni held this record.
Kedar Jadhav Family
He was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class Hindu family. His father name is Mahadev Jadhav who worked with Maharashtra electricity board as a clerk and mother name is Mandakini Jadhav who is a housewife. He has three elder sisters, all three well educated and settled in their respective careers. However, Jadhav decided to pursue cricket as his career and concentrated on it right after his 9th grade.
Kedar Jadhav Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his long time girlfriend Snehal Jadhav. The couple started dating in 2004 and got married in 2011 in a private wedding ceremony attended by close family and friends only. He loves his wife a lot and thanked his life for giving all the love and support to him during the ups and downs phase of his life. The couple is blessed with a beautiful daughter who was born in 2015.
View this post on Instagram
Kedar Jadhav Career
He started playing cricket at PYC Hindu Gymkhana and represented Rainbow Cricket Club in tennis ball cricket tournaments. Later in 2004, he was selected for Maharashtra for under-19 cricket team. His career took a rise after he got selected in IPL team for team Delhi Daredevils and made a smashing 50 runs in just 29 balls in his debut match against team Royal Challengers Bangalore. Then in 2012 Ranji Trophy season, Jadhav gained everyone’s attention after scoring triple century (327) and became the highest scorer of the season, thus making his way in the Indian team.
In the year 2014, the cricketer made his International cricket debut against team Sri Lanka at Ranchi. His first maiden ODI century was against England in the year 2017 and since then there is no looking back for him. His consistent performance in ODI’s and domestic matches made him picked by IPL team Chennai Superkings for a whopping amount of rupees 7.8 crores.
Kedar Jadhav Debut Statistics
- ODI debut- India v Sri Lanka at Ranchi, Nov 16, 2014
- T20I debut- Zimbabwe v India at Harare, Jul 17, 2015
- First-class debut- 2007/08
- List A debut- Gujarat v Maharashtra at Pune, Feb 27, 2008
- T20s debut- Gujarat v Maharashtra at Mumbai, Apr 3, 2007
Kedar Jadhav Memorable Performance
The cricketer has been in and out from the team for some time despite giving strong domestic performances. But he finally got the opportunity in home series against team New Zealand. During this time, he not only impressed everyone with his batting skills but also turned out to be the useful bowler who picked thick wickets.
After this, he earned the permanent selection in XI spot for the complete ODI series against team England. In the very first match, he and Virat Kohli bailed the team out of troubles and both of them made centuries and set up a good score in line for the chase. Jadhav has scored 120 and became Man of The Match.
Kedar Jadhav Difficult Times
The year 2018 was a bit rough for the cricketer. He got many injuries but he was fortunate enough to get the desired support from the team and management. With all the support and dedication, he came back stronger and better and played crucial role in 2019 against team Australia.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram