Name- Mohammed Siraj
Date of Birth- 13 March 1994
Age- 25 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Shabana Begum
Father- Mohammed Ghaus
Brother- Mohammed Ismail
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’10 approx.
Weight- 70kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Mohammed Siraj Biography
Mohammed Siraj is an Indian cricket player who represents Indian National Cricket Team. He has played for Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Indian team. Born on 13 March 1993, he did his schooling from Safa Junior College in Nampally, Hyderabad. He made his debut in November 2015 during 2015-16 Ranji Trophy. In the season, he performed amazingly well by picking 41 wickets in just 9 matches. Later, his performance led the selectors to pick him for the rest of India team for Irani Cup. Owing to his great performance, he was picked up by the Sunrisers team for Rs.2.6 crores which was way higher than his base price of Rs.20 Lakhs in IPL.
Facts About Mohammed Siraj
- Shahrukh Khan is his Favorite Actor.
- Hyderabadi Biryani is his Favorite Food.
- Cricket is his Favorite Sport.
- Virat Kohli, Dale Steyn and Mitchell Starc are his Favorite Cricketers.
- He started his cricket career as a batsman but later developed himself into a fine bowler.
- While playing gully cricket, one of his friend told him that he should be focusing more on his bowling as it is much better than his batting skills. He took his friend’s advice seriously and credits him for his success.
- Coming from a financially unstable family, he never went to a coaching academy.
- It was his elder brother Mohammed Ismail who pushed him into professional cricket after seeing his passion for cricket.
- He joined the Charminar Cricket Club in Hyderabad on invitation by his friend and impressed everyone. Soon, he was named as likely to be selected in state’s U-23 side.
- Ranji Trophy 2015-16 season turned out to be a career changing experience for him. He played amazingly well and finished the season by picking up 41 wickets in just 9 matches. His performance in the season just paved a way for him into the Rest of India squad for “Irani Cup”.
- He got approx. 10 Lakhs INR for representing Hyderabad in two continuous seasons of Ranji Trophy. Later, he bought home for his parents with this money and the money he earned from IPL.
- Indian Premier League has brought fame and fortune to a lot of players and Mohammed Siraj is one of them. In 2017, he was purchased by the team Hyderabad sunrisers for whopping amount of Rs.2.6 crore. Even his base price was just Rs.20 Lakhs.
- In an Interview to Times of India, he said,
“It’s a dream come true for me. I am thrilled about it as I hadn’t expected to be picked up for such a high price. I was hoping to play for some team this year as I have performed quite well, but this price tag is beyond my expectation.”
- On 4 November 2017, he made his International T20 debut against team New Zealand. He took place of Ashish Nehra and during Indian National Anthem, he got emotional and cried.
- On 15 January 2019, he made his One Day International cricket debut against Australia.
Mohammed Siraj Family
He was born in Hyderabad, India into a financially unstable family. His father name is Mohammed Ghaus, who was an auto-rickshaw and mother name is Shabana Begum, a homemaker. He has an elder brother named Mohammed Ismail who was a software engineer in a corporate company but left the job to become his brother’s manager. His family used to live in a rented home in Banjara Hills. But after Siraj got selected in IPL for Hyderabad Sunrisers, he bought a new home for his parents. His father who earlier used to ride an auto, has left his work now. Owing to his hard work and passion, he and his family is living a happy life.
Mohammed Siraj Girlfriend/ Wife
He is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, he is focusing entirely on his cricket career. Despite being one of the rising star cricketer of Indian team, there is no buzz of him dating anyone. He has lots of female friends but none of them are his love interest.
Mohammed Siraj Career
His childhood was full of hardships due to low income of his parents. Being a son of an auto rickshaw driver, he never went to a cricket academy. Despite that, he used to play gully cricket with a tennis ball and has bunked lots of his classes. And finally in 2015, he went to Charminar Cricket Club on an friend’s invitation to play cricket and impressed everyone with his skills. He took 5 wickets in a match and soon his hard work paid off after he got selected in the state’s U-23 side.
To make his dream come true, he continued working hard and made his first-class debut on 15 November 2015 for Hyderabad and played one game.
Shine to Glory
After getting the opportunity to play just one match in his first class debut match, he was waiting for more chances. And finally the opportunity came with 2015-16 Ranji Trophy season, he performed exceedingly well and ended up picking 41 wickets in 9 matches. Owing to his performance, Hyderabad made it to the quarters as well.
He was later picked to play Rest of India team and again performed great in India A squad tour to South Africa in 2017. Also, he was picked up by Hyderabad Sunrisers for Rs.2.6 crores. He has played good in IPL for Royal Challengers Bangalore and Hyderabad Sunrisers.
Mohammed Siraj Debut
After his impressive performance in domestic match and IPL, he made his T20 International debut against New Zealand. And on 15 January 2019, he made his ODI debut against Australia at the Adelaide Oval.
Test Debut- N/A
ODI Debut- 15 January 2019 against Australia
T20I Debut- 4 November 2017 against New Zealand
First Class Debut- 15 November 2015 For Hyderabad
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram