Name- Navdeep Saini
Date of Birth- 23 November 1993
Age- 27 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Amarjeet Singh Saini
Sister– Not Known
Brother- Mandeep Singh Saini
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’10 approx.
Weight- 69kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Navdeep Saini Biography
Navdeep Saini is an Indian International Cricket Player. He is primarily known as a right arm medium bowler who has become one of the shinning stars of Indian bowling. Born on 23 November 1993, he did his schooling from a private school in Haryana. He completed his graduation in Bachelors of Technology (Computer Science & Engineering) from Kurukshetra University in Haryana. The Indian fast bowler grabbed eyeballs for his amazing performance in Indian Premier League playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore. His impressive performance in IPL have convinced the selectors to choose him amongst the four net bowler in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
Facts About Navdeep Saini
- Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Gautam Gambhir and Zaheer Khan are his Favorite Cricketers.
- Cricket and Football are his Favorite Sports.
- Travelling is his Favorite Hobby.
- Always aspired to make his career in cricket, he used to play cricket with tennis ball in local tournaments in Karnal for just Rs.200.
- He got recognition after he appeared in Karnal Premier League tournament organized by Sumit Narwal.
- Later, he got the chance to play for India A against New Zealand A where he took 7 wickets in just 2 matches.
- Former Indian Cricketer Gautam Gambhir has been the backbone and his mentor throughout his journey to the top. In an interview to PTI, he said,
“I owe this life and my success to Gautam Gambhir. I was a nobody and Gautam bhaiyaa did everything for me.”
- In 2013, he was selected in Delhi cricket team and made his first-class debut during 2013-14 Ranji season at Roshanara Club Ground. In this very match, he gave good performance and took 2 wickets.
- Later in 2017, he was picked in IPL by team Delhi Daredevils for Rs.10 Lakhs. However, he didn’t get to play many matches and came to Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2018.
- He impressed everyone with his performance in IPL while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2018.
- Navdeep was leading wicket-taker for Delhi in 2017–18 Ranji Trophy and 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- In June 2018, he was selected in team India for their match against Afghanistan but didn’t get to play.
- In next year, he was selected as a standby bowler in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Former England bowler was impressed with his performance and even called him the future of Indian cricket.
- He has lots of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely.
Navdeep Saini Family
He was born in Karnal, Haryana, India into a middle class Sikh family. His father name is Amarjeet Singh Saini who used to work as driver in Haryana’s government department and mother is a homemaker. He has an elder brother named Mandeep Singh Saini. His grandfather whose name was Karam Singh was an Independence activist and was part of Subhas Chandra Bose’s Indian National Army. Coming from a family with financial crisis, he couldn’t even manage to buy pair of sports shoes for him. But with his hard work and dedication, he made his family proud by being one of the best bowlers of team India.
Navdeep Saini Girlfriend/ Wife
He is dating his long-time friend Pooja Bijarnia. They met each other when they were studying in college. Eventually they became good friends and later started dating each other. Pooja is a marketing executive in a known firm. She has supported Navdeep during his struggling phase and kept him motivated. The couple is often spotted partying together at different events and with friends.
Navdeep Saini Career
He made his first class debut during the Ranji season 2013-14 at Roshanara cricket ground in Delhi. DDCA selection committee was not sure of his selection because he was from Haryana and not a player of Delhi. But the former cricketer Gautam Gambhir saw his bowling and immediately had him selected in the Delhi Team. And Navdeep amazingly repaid the faith shown by Gautam in him by taking 34 wickets in the 2017-18 Ranji Trophy season. He even became the constant player from Delhi side (2017-18) and was one of the top five wicket takers in the season.
His performance got him the opportunity to get selected in IPL for tam Delhi Daredevils in 2017 for 10 lakhs. But with lack of opportunity given to him in DD, in January 2018, he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for 3 Crores. He continued playing good for RCB in 2019 as well and grabbed everyone’s attention on him for his performance.
Navdeep Saini Debut
He made his International Debut as follows:
- Test-June 2018 against Afghanistan but didn’t get to play.
- ODI- April 2019 for ICC Cricket World Cup but didn’t get to play.
- T20- On 3 August 2019 against team West Indies where he took 3 wickets in just 4 overs. (He was named Man of the Match)
Navdeep Saini Shine to Glory
First he came in limelight for his performance for India A against New Zealand A (2013) by picking up 7 wickets in 2 matches. Later, his performance in IPL 2019 was amazing that led the selectors to choose him as a standby bowler for team India at 2019 ICC World Cup. In the same year, he made his T20 debut against West Indies. And in that only match, he took 3 wickets showing everyone his talent and caliber for making his place in team India.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
#With Love For Each Other, Passion For Work And Relationship, And Being So Lively Always… That’s Worth Learning… So Inspired By The Life You Leading After So Much Of Hard Work And Understanding From Both Ends… This Is Some Real Deep Relief One Can Ever Feel…!!! Thankyou For Inviting Us To Your Warm Yet Loving Home Dinner Party😇❤ thank you @virat.kohli & @anushkasharma