Name- Parthiv Patel
Date of Birth- 9 March 1985
Age- 25 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Ajay Patel
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Avni Zaveri
Height- 5’4 approx.
Weight- 65kg approx.
Net Worth- INR 3.5 Crores approx.
Parthiv Patel Biography
Parthiv Patel is an Indian cricketer, wicketkeeper-batsmen and member of Indian national cricket team. He is primarily known as a left-handed batsmen who has shown commendable ability with wicketkeeping gloves and airtight technique with the bat in his career. Born on 9 March 1985, he completed his education from his hometown in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. He rose to fame in early 2000s when India was searching for a long-time wicketkeeper. At that time, Sourav Ganguly & co. scouted for him for test series and entrusted him with Indian cricket wicketkeeping job for England tour in 2002. Though his wicket keeping was a bit casual but his batting ensured that he cements his place in team.
Favorite Things of Parthiv Patel
- Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Akshay Kumar are his Favorite Actors.
- Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif are his Favorite Actresses.
- Switzerland and London are his Favorite Destinations.
- Black, Blue and Grey are his Favorite Colors.
- Adam Gilchrist, Sachin Tendulkar and Kumar Sangakkara are his Favorite Batsmen.
- Anil Kumble, Waqar Younis and Harbhajan Singh are his Favorite Bowlers.
- Travelling is his Favorite Hobby.
Facts About Parthiv Patel
- He started his cricket journey playing for Gujarat in domestic cricket and made his first class debut against Haryana in 2000.
- Once he was mistaken as a team mascot during Wisden Indian Cricketer of the Century Awards in London in July 2002 when he led his side onto the stage.
- He became the youngest wicketkeeper at age of 17 years in Test History. Eventually, he was called up in the team to replace injured Ajay Ratra for 2nd Test match at Trent Bridge in 2002 and made his International debut as well.
- In 2003, he made his ODI debut against New Zealand in Queensland.
- After being in Indian International team for around 3 years, he was dropped from the team for his sloppy work and his position got to another emerging wicket keeper Dinesh Kartik.
- Later in 2010, he again made his comeback in the team for 4th and 5th ODI vs New Zealand. This time, he utilized his opportunity and celebrated the moment by hitting 2 back to back half centuries for the team.
- Again the doors to be a part of Indian team opened for him after cricketer MS Dhoni announced his retirement from Test cricket. He was seen as one of the top contenders wicket-keeper batsman.
- During 2015-16 Vijay Hazare Trophy Season, he led his team Gujarat to victory and had scored a brilliant ton in the finale match.
- Parthiv is the only Indian who have scored 5 consecutive centuries in five innings in first-class cricket history. He made this record in the year 2007 between July and October scoring 126, 124, 164, 110, 179 in consecutive innings.
- Also, he is the only Indian player who has got the chance to represent almost 6 teams in Indian Premier League. He has been part of teams like Chennai Super Kings, Kochi Tuskers, Deccan Chargers, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Mumbai Indians.
- Once he was trolled in famous show “MTV Bakra” by VJ Cyrus Barocha. Initially, he was asked to drive the car after his driver fakes chest pain. As Parthik takes the car command, one traffic police stops him and fines him for being underage. Parthiv falls into the trap and requests the policemen to not take him to the police station. To which the policemen make Parthiv to say sorry and sign pages of autugraphs. Finally, the prank gets busted and he gets into the car yelling bit angrily on his driver for lying to him.
- In the year 2014, South African player AB De Villiers said in an interview, “Parthiv is the most irritating cricketer. He chats all the time and I am glad that I am playing with him for RCB rather than against him”.
Parthiv Patel Family
He was born in Gujarat, Ahmedabad, India into a middle class Gujarati family. His father name is Ajay Patel and mother name is not known. He has an elder sister named Kinjal. There is not much information available about his family as he likes to keep his personal life away from the public domain. Though he shares close bond with his family especially his mother and often shares amazing pictures with them on his Instagram account. He has made his family proud by being one of the known cricketers of India.
Parthiv Patel Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his childhood friend Avni Zaveri. Avni is an Interior designer by profession. They have known each other for a long time and decided to marry. Then their families met and they agreed to get them married. The couple tied the knot on 9 March 2008, the same day when Parthiv turned 23. They are head over heels in love with each other and often shares amazing pictures together on their Instagram respectively. They are blessed with a daughter named Venika.
Parthiv Patel Career/ Records
He started his career with domestic cricket playing for Gujarat and made his first class debut in 2000. Since then there is no looking back for him and he has achieved a lot in his career. In 2002, he made his test cricket debut against England and became the youngest Test cricket’s wicketkeeper. Also, he made unbeaten 19 runs in his innings making his team to stave off an innings defeat. During 2016-17 Ranji Trophy, he was appointed as the captain and under his captaincy, his team reached the finale and won Ranji Trophy by defeating Mumbai. Following are the records made by him:
- Youngest wicketkeeper in Test History (17 years)
- Only Indian batsmen who have scored 5 centuries in 5 consecutive innings in first class cricket.
Parthiv Patel International Debut
He made his International debut in different cricket formats as follows:
- Test Cricket- On 8 August 2002 against team England in Nottingham
- ODI- On 4 January 2003 against team New Zealand in Queenstown
- T20I- On 4 June 2011 against team West Indies in Port of Spain
Parthiv Patel Shine to Glory
The star cricketer rose to fame during 2015-16 Vijay Hazare Trophy where he led his team to win the finale. Earlier this, his performances against team like Australia and Pakistan has got everyone’s attention on him. Also in IPL while playing for Mumbai Indians, he was one of the Mumbai Indian’s leading run scorer in 8th edition. His vital contribution in the team played important role in lifting the IPL trophy.
Parthiv Patel IPL
Initially, he started his IPL career with team Chennai Super Kings and played for 3 years with them. Later in coming seasons, he played for different teams including Kochi Tuskers, Sunrisers Hyderabad, and Mumbai Indians. And during the 2018 IPL auction, he was bought by RCB for Rs. 1.7 crore. He along with Yuvraj Singh is one of the cricketers who has played for almost 6 different teams.
Parthiv Patel Controversy
The cricketer has made headlines in the news for some controversies as follows:
- In 2004, he tried to sledge Steve Waugh during Border-Gavaskar series but it backfired him. It was 4th test series and Waugh’s last international match. And when Waugh entered the ground, Parthiv chirped, “Come on Steve, just one more of your popular slog-sweeps before you quit”. To this Waugh replied, “Show a bit of respect. You were in nappies when I debuted 18 years ago”. And after the match, Parthiv was questioned by his seniors for sledging against one of the popular captain the game has seen.
- In the same year during India and Pakistan match, he was fined with 60% of his match fee for breaching Section 2.2 of the ICC Code of Conduct.
- Once there was a rumor that he has applied for the post of MTS in Income Tax Department.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram