Name- Prayas Ray Barman
Date of Birth- 25 October 2002
Age- 17 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Dr. Kaushik Ray Barman
Sister– Priyanshi Ray Barman
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 6’1 approx.
Weight- 70kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Prayas Ray Barman Biography
Prayas Ray Barman is an Indian Cricketer. He is primarily known as a right arm leg break googly bowler and right handed batsman. Born on 25 October 2002, he did his schooling from Kalyani Public School, Kolkata. He rose to fame after he was picked up by Royal Challengers Bangalore for a whopping amount of Rs.1.5 crore at the age of 16 years only in 2019. His name popped up in the news for being the Youngest Player to debut in IPL. In 2019, he made his debut for IPL team RCB against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Facts About Prayas Ray Barman
- Virat Kohli is his Favorite Cricketer.
- Shane Warne is his Favorite Bowler.
- Initially, his cricket journey started in Gargi College, South Delhi at Ram Pal Cricket Academy but his potential as a cricketer started in Durgapur at Durgapur Cricket Centre under the guardianship of Shibnath Ray where he honed his skills.
- In no time, he managed to grab the attention in Ambar Roy Sub Junior U-14 tournament and later got picked by Bengal U16 team.
- After getting selecting in U16 team, he shifted to Kolkata from Delhi and started living with his grandparents home near Dumdum Park, Kolkata.
- In 2012-13, he played for Bengal U15 squad in series against Bangladesh and ended the series picking up 7 wickets in 4 matches with average of 20.42.
- He made his List A debut for Bengal in 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy and became the leading wicket taker with 11 dismissals in 9 matches.
- In 2018, he was bought up by Royal Challengers Bangalore for heavy amount of Rs.1.5 crores after an intense bidding war between Kings XI Punjab and RCB.
- Initially his base price was Rs.20 Lakhs but in the auction he was bought up 8 times of his base price. Thus, this made him the youngest player in the history of IPL to become a millionaire.
- He is an effective right arm leg spinner who is a big fan of Australian player Shane Warne.
- Like many youngsters in India, he too considers Virat Kohli as his role model. And sharing the dressing room with him was a dream come true moment for him.
- He made his IPL debut on 31 March 2019 against Sunrisers Hyderabad and became the youngest player to make his IPL debut. Earlier him, Afghanistan’s Mujeeb Ur Rahman was the youngest player to made IPL debut at the age of 17.
- Prayas loves watching movies, listening songs and travelling.
Prayas Ray Barman Family
He was born in Durgapur, West Bengal into a middle class Hindu family. His father name is Kaushik Ray Barman who is a general physician in Delhi and mother name in not known. He has an elder sister named Priyanshi Ray Barman who works in Bangalore as an IT Professional. Prayas shares close bond with his family and lived with his grandparents in Kolkata to hone his cricket skills. He is working very hard to make his parents proud and trying his best to represent India at the International level.
Prayas Ray Barman Girlfriend/ Wife
He is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, he is focusing entirely on his cricket career. Despite being one of the rising star cricketer of Indian team, there is no buzz of him dating anyone. He has lots of female friends but none of them are his love interest.
Prayas Ray Barman Career/ Debut
Always aspired to become a cricketer, he started playing cricket since his school days. He has represented U15, U16 team playing for Bengal in various series. In 2018, he made his First class debut for Bengal in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2018-19 and became the leading wicket taker with picking up 11 wickets in 9 matches. On February 2019, he made his T20 debut for Bengal in 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. At the age of 16, he made his debut in IPL playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore on 31 March 2019.
Prayas Ray Barman Shine to Glory
He is a right-arm leg-break bowler who rose to fame after he was picked up by RCB in December 2018 for 8 times his base price (Rs.1.5 crores). He became the youngest player in the history of IPL who made his debut at the age of 16 only. The previous youngest player was Mujeeb Ur Rahman of Afghanistan making his debut at the age of 17. Prayas got the chance to play with many newcomers including Shivam Dube, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, Kulwant Khejroliya etc. at that time.
View this post on Instagram
That more or less sums up #IPL2019 The last 50 days have been one hell of a Roller Coaster ride for me. Would take a lot of learning back home, despite of the ups and downs we’ve had this year. Nobody knows what’s there in future for me but surely, this is not the end. The love and support from all of you was amazing throughout.😄 #RCB #PlayBold
View this post on Instagram