Name- Yuzvendra Chahal
Date of Birth- 23 July 1990
Age- 29 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Sunita Devi
Father- K K Chahal
Sister– 2 Elder sisters
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’6 approx.
Weight- 70kg approx.
Net Worth- US$3million approx.
Salary- Retainer Fee- INR 5 Lakhs Approx.
Test- INR 15 Lakhs Approx.
ODI- INR 6 Lakhs Approx.
T20- INR 3 Lakhs Approx.
Yuzvendra Chahal Biography
Yuzvendra Chahal is an Indian cricketer and former chess player. He is primarily known for representing India in Indian International Cricket Team. Born on 23 July 1990, he did his schooling from DAV Public School in Jind, Haryana. He is one of the best leg break bowler of India who rose to limelight after he took 34 wickets in the National Under-19 event of Cooch Behar Trophy in the year 2009. Though his first love was Chess but he quit playing chess because he couldn’t find any sponsor for himself. He then made his first class cricket debut in 2011 by playing for team Haryana. Also, he has been an integral part of Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League.
Favorite Things of Yuzvendra Chahal
- Randeep Hooda and Akshay Kumar are his Favorite Actors.
- Katrina Kaif is his Favorite Actress.
- Rajma Chawal and Butter Chicken are his Favorite Food.
- Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, and Kevin Pietersen are his Favorite Cricketers.
- Shane Warne is his Favorite Bowler.
- Abhijeet Gupta and Viswanathan Anand are his Favorite Chess players.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is his Favorite Footballer.
- Greece, Paris and Maldives are his Favorite Destinations.
- Travelling and Playing Chess are his Favorite Hobbies.
Facts About Yuzvendra Chahal
- Always been a sports enthusiast, he developed interest in chess and cricket at the tender age of 7 only.
- His friends used to call him “Single Haddi” because of his thin physique.
- He participated at Indian National Junior Champion (Under 12) in chess and played exceptionally well in his age-group chess tornaments.
- However, he quit playing chess professionally as he was finding it difficult to get sponsors for himself. Due to this, he got more inclined towards his cricket career even after being wanted to pursue career in Chess.
- Yuzvendra is the first ever player of India who has represented India in both Chess and Cricket.
- He started his cricket career as a medium-fast bowler but later became a leg spinner.
- He considers Shane Warne (Australian Leg-Spinner) as his idol.
- In the year 2009, he made his first class cricket debut against Madhya Pradesh in Indore.
- He has represented IPL team Mumbai Indians in his initial 3 years of IPL career but played only 1 match for them.
- In 2014, he was retained by team Royal Challengers Bangalore and from then his cricketing career has boosted at a great level with many positive effect on his performance.
- According to him, playing chess helps him controlling his temper, makes him read batsman’s mind and patient on the field.
- He loves streaming Netflix and considers it as his stressbuster.
- His teammates calls him Yuzi and Tilli.
- Also, he shares an excellent bond with MS Dhoni. In an interview to Hindustan Times, he said,
“Mahi bhai and I play PUBG together sometimes (laughs). Seven-eight people play PUBG for two hours. We go for dinners, [have] fun. It’s a big thing to play under Mahi bhai. He was my first captain. Whenever we need help in bowling, Kuldeep (Yadav) and I always ask him.”
- He has millions of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely.
Yuzvendra Chahal Family
He was born in Jind, Haryana, India into a middle class Hindu family. His father name is KK Chahal who was an advocate by profession and mother name is Sunita Devi, a homemaker. He has two elder sisters. The cricketer is very close to his family and have made them proud by being one of the best bowlers of Team India. He totally loves city Gurugram and has built a home there for his parents so they could shift from their village in Jind to Gurugram. He also shares amazing pictures with his family on his Instagram account.
Yuzvendra Chahal Girlfriend/ Wife
He is rumored to be dating South industry actress Tanishka Kapoor. They have met each other in 2016 and since then the rumors of them being dating has been in the news. Their link up rumors spread like a wild fire after Yuzi left a comment to Tanishka’s Instagram picture. Also, there were rumors of them getting married soon but the cricketer took to twitter and cleared that “He is Not Getting Married and He & Tanishka are Just Good Friends”.
Yuzvendra Chahal Career/ Records
He is a star player who has impressed everyone with his amazing bowling skills. The journey of this star is nothing but inspirational to every person who want to achieve their dreams. Here are few records set by this player that helped him in cementing his place in the International Indian Cricket Team:
- In 2015, he became the highest wicket taker for IPL Team Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- In 2017, he made record for 3rd best figure in T20 Internationals with 6/25 playing against England in Bengaluru.
- He is the 1st Indian bowler in T20 Internationals to record a 5 wicket haul.
Yuzvendra Chahal Domestic Career
In 2009, he made his first class debut against team Madhya Pradesh. He started his career as a medium fast bowler but later became leg spinner. In the same year, he became the top wicket-taker by picking up 34 wickets at National Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy.
Initially he was about to make his debut in IPL with Mumbai Indians as he was first signed up by them in 2008. But in his three years of IPL journey with Mumbai Indians, he only got to play 1 IPL game. And then in 2014, he was bought by Royal Challengers for his base price. Since the time, he started playing for RCB, the cricketer has improved a lot in his cricket career.
Yuzvendra Chahal International Career
He made his One Day International Cricket debut in 2016 against Zimbabwe. In the second match against Zimbabwe, he took 3 wickets for only 25 runs and led team India to win the match by 8 wickets. This match grabbed everyone’s attention to him and he even won his first international man of the match award.
Then after a significant gap of 1 year in 2017, he became the first Indian bowler to take 5 wicket haul with ending figures 6/25 against England in T20I. In January 2019, he took his 2nd One Day International 5 wicket haul by taking 6/42 against Australia and made another record. In April 2019, he was selected in India’s squad for 2019 Cricket World Cup and ended his campaign with 12 wickets.
International Debut at Glance
- ODI- 11 June 2016 against team Zimbabwe
- T20- 18 June 2016 against team Zimbabwe
- IPL- 2008 For team Mumbai Indians but got to play only 1 IPL match for the team across all three seasons.
Yuzvendra Chahal Chess Career
The cricket star has also represented India in Chess at World Youth Chess Championship. But he give up the game later after he struggled to find a sponsor for himself.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram