Name- Saina Nehwal
Date of birth- 17 March 1990
Age- 28 (as in 2018)
Father- Harvir Singh Nehwal
Mother- Usha Nehwal
Sister- Chandranshu Nehwal
Marriage/ Marital Status- Single
Height- 5’5 approx
Hobbies – Travelling
Weight- 58 kg
Net worth- $3 million
Saina Nehwal is an Indian badminton player. She has achieved many milestones in badminton for India. A big credit goes to her for increasing the popularity of badminton in India. After Prakash Padukone, it is Saina Nehwal who became the first India to claim no.1 spot in badminton. Born on 17 March 1990 in Hisar Haryana, she did his few years of schooling from CSS campus school, Hisar. The family then shifted to Hyderabad. She completed her 12th from St. Ann’s College Mehdipatnam Hyderabad.
Facts About Saina Nehwal
- Saina’s favorite hobby is traveling.
- Shahrukh Khan is her favorite actor.
- Her favorite food is Aloo parantha and Kiwi.
- Roger Federer and Sachin Tendulkar are her favorite sportsperson.
- When she was 5 years old she shifted to Hyderabad with her family.
- Her parents were state-level badminton champion in Haryana. So we can say badminton is in her genes.
- When she was born her grandmother was not happy as she wanted a boy not girl.
- She started playing badminton at the age of 8 on the advice of badminton coach Nani Prasad Rao.
- Her father used to take her approx 50km away to badminton academy for training on daily basis.
- She is a brown belt in Karate.
- Her mother used to call her Steffi Saina as she has been a big fan of tennis player Steffi Graff.
- She didn’t get any time to watch movies, TV or even social media due to her busy schedule.
- From Gopichand Badminton Academy she did her badminton training.
- She is the first women to reach the quarter-finals of Olympics games.
Saina Nehwal Family
Saina Nehwal was born in Hindu Jat family in Hisar. She was born to Harvir Singh Nehwal and Usha Rani in Hisar. Her father worked in Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agriculture University in Hisar. When Saina was five years old, her family shifted to Hyderabad. She has a younger sister Chandranshu Nehwal. Her parents deserved a great amount of praise for the dedication they put in to raise the level of commitment Saina has for the game. Her father is currently working with Directorate of Oilseeds Research placed in Hyderabad.
Saina Nehwal Coach
Saina Nehwal Boyfriend / Affairs
Saina Nehwal is one of the most reputed badminton players. She has never been open about her relationship. But there were few rumors that she is dating Parupalli Kashyap, who is also a badminton player. Both have been very private about their relationship. They used to practice in the same academy and are said to be childhood friends. However, Kashyap has always stated that they are only close friends and nothing more than that.
Twitter Saina Nehwal
Saina Nehwal Career Achievements
- In 2009, she became the first under-19 national champion. She won the prestigious Asian Satellite Badminton tournament twice. She created history and becomes the first player to do so.
- In 2008, she became the first Indian to win the world junior Badminton Championship. She defeated Japanese player Sayaka Sato.
- She won the Indonesia Superseries in 2009.
- In 2010, she won the YONEX-SUNRISE hong kong open super series, Singapore Open Super Series Series, Indonesia Open Super Series, India Grand Prix Gold.
- She became the semifinalist of All England Super Series in 2010.
- In 2011, she became the finalist of BWF World Superseries finals and Indonesia Superseries premier.
- She won the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold In 2011.
- She won Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold, Indonesia Open Super Series, and YONEX Denmark Open Superseries Premier in 2012.
- In 2012, she became the finalist of YONEX French Badminton Open Superseries.
- In London Olympics 2012, she won the bronze medal in women’s single.
- Winner of China Open Superseries premier, Australian open super series, and Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold in 2014.
- She became the finalist of BMF world Superseries Finals in 2014.
- In 2015, she won Syed Modi International Badminton Championships Grand Prix Gold and YONEX-SUNRISE India open super series.
- 2015- Became Runner-up of YONEX All England Open Superseries Premier and finalist of China Open Superseries Premier.
- BWF World Championships Silver Medalist in 2015.
- 2016- quarterfinalist and semifinalist of YONEX All England Open Badminton Championships, China Open Superseries Premier respectively.
- She became Australian Open Superseries Champion in 2016.
- In 2017, she entered the year with maiden Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold title.
- She got Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award for badminton.
- Saina Got Padma Bhushan award for badminton.
- She has got Arjuna Award for badminton.