Name- Tehseen Poonawalla
Date of Birth- 24 May
Age- Not Known
Mother- Yasmeen Poonawalla
Father- Sarfaraz Poonawalla
Brother- Shehzad Poonawalla
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Monica Vadera Poonawalla
Height- 5’9 approx.
Weight- 65kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Tehseen Poonawalla Biography
Tehseen Poonawalla is an Indian businessmen, social activist, and political analyst who rose to fame after he participated in reality show Bigg Boss 13 as a wild card contestant. He is a popular news personality and businessmen based in Pune. Apart from this, he has worked for channels like News 18 Urdu and Zee News. Also, he is a columnist whose articles have been published in many leading news blogs and magazines. He is one of the prominent guest on television channels pointing on matters of important social topics.
Facts About Tehseen Poonawalla
- Salman Khan is his Favorite Actor.
- Anjana Om Kashyap is his Favorite Journalist.
- Reading and Travelling are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He is elder brother of famous lawyer turned politician “Shehzad Poonawalla”.
- In 2017, there was a rift between him and his brother over political issue. In an Interview, Tehseen said,
It is totally unacceptable to me and my family that Shehzad has dragged Mrs Gandhi into this, he should have presented whatever issues he had in the party forum.” He added that he could not understand why his brother went public with the thoughts without discussing it with the family first. Source- News18.
- He is married to Monica Vadera who is cousin of Robert Vadera (Husband of Priyanka Gandhi).
- In the year 2010, he worked as a consultant in organizing committee of Common Wealth Games held in Delhi, India.
- In 2018, he with his brother participated in political debate series “Bhai vs Bhai” on Zee News and “2 Bhai 2 Rukh” on channel Zee Urdu in 2019.
- He is a life coach and has been a speaker at TEDx.
- In the year 2019, he participated in reality show Bigg Boss 13 as a wild card contestant along with stars like Khesari Lal Yadav and Hindustani Bhau.
Wild Card Contestant on @BiggBoss #ColorsTV #BiggBoss13 #TehseenPoonawalla #arambh #SalmanKhan #bb13 #biggboss13#devoleenabhattacharjee #rashmidesai #siddharthshukla#asimriyaz #paraschhabra#artisingh pic.twitter.com/W9k8IjgRhS
— Tehseen Poonawalla Official (@tehseenp) October 28, 2019
Tehseen Poonawalla Family
He was born in Pune, Maharashtra into a high class Maharashtrian family. His father name is Sarfaraz Poonawalla who died when Tehseen was a child. His mother name is Yasmeen Poonawalla. He has a younger brother named Shehzad Poonawalla who is a popular lawyer turned politician. They used to share cordial relationship until Shehzad commented something against Congress party leaders. Following that, Tehseen tweeted that he breaks all ties with his brother and said, “If Shehzad had any issues, he should have raised it in the party rather than media”.
Tehseen Poonawalla Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to Robert Vadera’s (Husband of Priyanka Gandhi) cousin Monica Vadera. Monica is a jewellery designer and curator. The couple tied the knot on 29 March 2016 in a lavish wedding ceremony accompanied by close family and friends. The wedding was an intimate affair with powerful personalities including Sonia Gandhi, LK Advani, Rahul Gandhi, Manish Tewari, Rehman Khan, Shashi Tharoor, Rajiv Shukla, etc.
Tehseen Poonawalla Career
He has appeared in number of news channels as a guest for debate sessions. In 2010, he even appointed as a consultant in organizing committee of Common Wealth Games in Delhi. He is a known Congress ideologue, lawyer, political analyst, social activist, life coach and a flourishing entrepreneur who has penned down many articles for known magazines and newspapers as well. In 2019, he came in trend after her participated in one of the popular reality shows “Bigg Boss 13” along with many big celebrities.
Tehseen Poonawalla Controversies
The star has made some headlines in the news which created controversies. Here are few:
- In 2017, he tweeted that he breaks all ties with his brother Shehzad Poonawalla for posting against Congress Party leaders.
- Political leader Smriti Irani accused him for passing inappropriate comments on her in 2016.
Anyone who knows me …anyone including women will tell u Iam anything but sexist. If at all I am very very liberal …and
— Tehseen Poonawalla Official (@tehseenp) February 4, 2017
- Also in 2019, he was fined by Supreme Court for mocking Jain Guru “Tarun Sagar”.
View this post on Instagram
On a recent trip to the ‘LAKSHMAN JHULA’ I noticed the massive amount of two wheeler traffic as well as animals & people dangerously weighing down the suspended bridge.Was concerned on its safety, up until a few days later when I read that they had declared it closed. I did however get a chance to pick some ‘aata goli ‘ for the fish but landed up feeding the friendly neighbourhood cows instead !! #laxmanjhula #nature #divinity #rishikeshdiaries #uttrakhand
View this post on Instagram
On euro news and bbc wrt my statement on #kashmir and our #kashmir_lovers fellow citizens . I am for the watering down of #article370 but this means the #indianconstitution must apply & this means that #article21 the right to life & liberty is a fundamental right that can never be taken away from anyone ! I love my #india hence I fight for the same liberty to be given to our fellow #citizens in #kashmir that you & I enjoy! Grateful the hon #supreme #court agreed with me and we are in a position of seeking accountability. Love u #india #tehseenpoonawalla #bestoftheday #jaihind