Name- Deepika Padukone
Date of Birth- 5 January 1986
Age- 35 years(as in 2021)
Mother- Ujjala Padukone
Father- Prakash Padukone
Sister– Anisha Padukone
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Ranveer Singh
Height- 5’8 approx.
Net Worth- $50 Million approx.
Deepika Padukone Biography
She is perfect, gorgeous and her dimpled smile makes all the men and few women to skip their beat. She is the epitome of beauty. Her long legs, toned body, big eyes with perfect smile can make anyone her fan. She’s hot, she’s sexy and she is Mastani of Bollywood. The one and only Deepika Padukone. She is one of those few actresses who is full of talents and never steps back in experimenting with her roles.
Here we’ve attempted to share a detailed Deepika Padukone biography, her career details, husband, boyfriend list, or other related information about her for her fans. Hope you like it. So lets’ start!
Who is Deepika Padukone?
Deepika Padukone is a popular Indian actress, model and producer who is prominently known for her work in mainstream Hindi cinema industry. She rose to fame for her work in movies Om Shanti Om, Padmavati, Piku and Bajirao Mastani. Before becoming an actress, she used to play badminton just like her father. She even played at National levels but left it to pursue her career in acting. Later, she moved to Mumbai and started her modeling career.
The actress has her own shares of struggles before becoming a big name in the industry. But with her dedication and hard work, she fulfilled her dream of becoming the top actress of the industry. She has millions of followers on her account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Deepika Padukone Family
She was born in Copenhagen, Denmark into a high class Hindu family. Later her family shifted to Bengaluru so she was brought up here. Her father name is Prakash Padukone, a former badminton player and mother name is Ujjala Padukoe, a travel agent. She has a younger sister named Anisha Padukone who is a golfer. The names of everyone in her family have a common meaning that signifies “Light”.
Deepika Padukone Boyfriend
Here’s a list of her ex’s with whom she was in a relationship with:
Nihar Pandya- During her modeling days back in 2004, she was dating actor Nihar Pandya. It is said the couple broke up after she got the chance to work with Farah Khan in movie Om Shanti Om.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni– Not many people know that she has been linked with star cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni. As per the sources, Dhoni ended the relationship because of his friend Yuvraj as he chose friendship over love.
Yuvraj Singh- Yuvraj and Deepika started dating after she broke up with Dhoni. However, this relationship also didn’t last too long for the reasons best known to them.
Ranbir Kapoor- Out of all her relationships, her relationship with Ranbir was the purest and most sacred. They met each other during Bachna Ae Haseeno and started dating soon. However, during the shoots of “Ajay Prem Ki Gajab Kahani”, Ranbir came closer to Katrina. Deepika apparently caught him red-handedly and this is how their relationship ended. Though years after, they again began good friends and share cordial relationship with each other by moving forward from their bitter past relationship experience.
Siddharth Mallya- Post her break up with Ranbir, she started dating Kingfisher baron Vijay Mallya’s son, Siddharth Mallya. The two of them were spotted during IPL matches. In one of the matches, she was seen kissing him after Royal Challengers Bangalore won the match. But this relationship went kaput, reason being unknown even now.
Deepika Padukone Husband
She is married to actor Ranveer Singh. They met each other at Zee Cine Awards in Macau. It was love at first sight for Ranveer. They again met at Yashraj where he started flirting with her, to which Deepika laughed as she knew he was dating someone else at that time. Eventually they fell for each other when they were shooting for song “Ang Laga De” from movie Goliyon ki Raasleela- Ram Leela. Post that movie, their dating rumors were all over the internet.
Soon they started visiting each other for various occasions. But in the beginning of their relationship, they chose to keep it private. After dating for few years, the couple finally took their relationship to next level and tied the knot on 14-15th November 2018 in Italy near Lake Como. They are very much in love with each other and stands beside each other during good or bad times.
Deepika Padukone Career
She did her schooling from Sophia High School in Bengaluru and later went to Mount Carmel College to complete her pre-university studies. She then get enrolled in IGNOU, New Delhi for graduation degree B.A in sociology but soon left it to pursue her full time career in modeling.
In the year 2004, she started her modeling career under the guidance of Prasad Bidapa. Then in 2005, she got the opportunity to walk for designer Suneet Verma at popular Lakme Fashion Week. At that time, she was only 17 years old.
It was after she got featured in Liril soap commercial that she got recognition. Post that, she became Kingfisher calendar girl which gave her lots of fame. Finally she shifted to Mumbai and stayed at her Aunt’s home during her struggling days. She soon got the opportunity to work in Himesh Reshamiya’s music video Naam Hai Tera and started getting lots of offer for film roles.
As she came from a non-filmy background, she took acting classes from Anupam Kher’s acting school to know about acting in detail. Finally in 2007, she got the big break to make her debut in Bollywood with Farah Khan’s movie “Om Shanti Om” opposite superstar Shahrukh Khan. There is no looking back for her since then and she gave lots of hit movies at the box office including Love Aaj Kal, Padmavati, Piku, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Tamasha, etc. In no time, she became one of the highest paid actress of the industry.
In the year 2017, she made her Hollywood debut with movie “XXX: Return of Xander Cage”.
Deepika Padukone Controversies
Have a look at few controversies she has been part of:
- On 14th September 2014, a leading news portal Times of India tweeted about her cleavage. In response to that, she wrote, “I am a women. I have breasts. I have cleavage. You got a problem?” Post this, she got the support from her fans and even from the industry.
- Once during a chat show “Koffee With Karan”, she said that actor Ranbir Kapoor should start endorsing condom brand. This didn’t go well with the Kapoors and they said Deepika shouldn’t have said such things on National television.
- Her visit to JNU on 7th January 2020 attracted controversy. Post this the whole social media was divided on two groups, one supporting her for visiting JNU and others being completely against her and even trended hashtag “BoycottChhapaak” on twitter.
- During the ongoing investigations of mysterious death of Sushant Singh Rajput in 2020, Deepika Padukone’s name surface while NCB was doing the investigations of drug abuse in Bollywood. Her name was appeared in the chat and so she was called at NCB office.
Deepika Padukone Favorite Things
- Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Brad Pitt are her Favorite Actors.
- Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit and Hema Malini are her Favorite Actresses.
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, The Color of Paradise, and Cindrella Man are her Favorite Movies.
- Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez and A.R.Rehman are her Favorite Singers.
- France and Maldives are her Favorite Destinations to travel.
- Rasam and Chawal are her Favorite Food.
- Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal and Anju Modi are her Favorite Designers.
- Badminton and Football are her Favorite Sports.
- White, Black and Mauve are her Favorite Colors.
- She is fond of tattoos and have one tattoo on her neck and one on her Ankle.
Unknown Facts About Deepika Padukone
Have a look at some of the lesser known facts about Deepika Padukone:
- She was born in the country Copenhagen, Denmark but was brought up in Bengaluru. It is believed that she was a very talkative and happy baby in her childhood who loved to dance, smile and posing for the photos.
- Her father was a badminton player and she too, had played state-level badminton for the country but later switched to acting.
- She was brought up in Bengaluru. In an interview, she said that it is because of her upbringing she has this South accent which helped her in movie Chennai Express.
- Very few people know about her passion for acting since childhood. She has decided to become an actress when she was in class 10th.
- Initially, she had to struggle a lot to get modelling assignments when she came to Mumbai to pursue her dream of becoming an actress. It took a long time of 4 years to establish herself in the modeling field.
- In the year 2004, she got the opportunity to work in a soap commercial “Liril” which gave her massive popularity and was her career’s milestone commercial.
- Later in 2005, she became Kingfisher Model of the Year, which gave her the opportunity of making her debut in Lakme Fashion Week.
- Even though she was not getting opportunities easily and was working very hard to achieve her dream, she never got demotivated and tried to improve herself with every passing failure.
- She was waiting to get some big break and after some time, the time has finally come after she got to work in Himesh Reshamiya’s hit pop collection “Nam Hai Tera”. Through this album, director Farah Khan spotted her and decided to cast for her upcoming movie.
- Finally, Deepika met Farah and got selected for movie “Om Shanti Om”. Since Deepika had no experience of acting, Farah used to scold her a lot on the sets and even wanted to chuck her out from her movie as she had irritated her badly.
- Not many people know that before working in Om Shanti Om, Deepika did a Kannada movie “Aishwarya”. After this movie, she learned acting skills from Anupam Kher’s acting school.
- Her Bollywood debut movie “Om Shanti Om” gave her a very grand entry in the industry opposite actor Shahrukh Khan. She even received her very first “Filmfare Award” as a Debut Female.
- Despite getting this big welcome in the industry, her career still demanded a lot of struggle. Her second movie was “Bachna Aae Haseeno” with actor Ranbir Kapoor. The movie didn’t turned to be good and even she got negative reviews for her acting in the movie.
- Post that, she did number of movies including Chandni Chowk to China, Kartik Calling Kartik, Break K Baad, etc. but all these turned out to be the big disaster at box office.
- Her career’s turning point came after she did movie “Love Aaj Kal”. The movie was a big hit and she got positive reviews for her acting in the movie.
- She started doing good in her professional life but her personal life was not taking a good turn as she broke up with her then boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
- In an interview, she said that she faced depression and mental illness to overcome her breakup with actor Ranbir.
- But like a true star, she gained all her energy and put it into her acting career. The year 2013 came with lots of surprises for her. She made it to the list of top actresses of Bollywood by giving superhit movies like Chennai Express and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
- Then in the year 2015, she appeared in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s movie Gooliyo ki Rasleela Ramleela. Her expressions, dance and acting in the movie won everyone’s heart and made her the highest paid actress of the industry.
- It is the same movie where she met Ranveer Singh. After the movie, they even started dating each other in real life.
- She also did a Tamil movie named “Kochadaiyan” for which she was paid very heavy amount by the producers. It was only a two-day work but the movie gained lots of praise for her acting in it.
- The actress got lots of praise for her work in movie “Piku” opposite actor Amitabh Bachchan where she played the role of a caring and loving daughter.
- Other than being an actress, she also writes a weekly column in Hindustan Times.
- In 2015, she started a foundation named “The Live Love Laugh Foundation” which aims at creating awareness about mental health in India.
Her journey in Bollywood industry hasn’t been an easy ride. She has struggled a lot to achieve the top actress position in this highly competitive industry. It is after many ups and downs that she made her way among the top actresses of the Bollywood. She is not just a pretty face but there’s much more to her than what meets the eye. She is ruling industry and have millions of fans all across the world.
- Andrei Koscheev Biography
- Pulkit Samrat Biography
- Jim Sarbh Biography
- Boney Kapoor Biography
- Anushka Shetty Biography