Name- Ranveer Singh
Date of Birth- 6 July 1985
Age- 37 years (as in 2021)
Mother- Anu Bhavnani
Father- Jugjeet Singh Bhavnani
Sister– Ritika Bhavnani
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Deepika Padukone
Height- 5’10 approx.
Net Worth- $20Million approx.
Ranveer Singh Biography
Known for his energy, amazing performances, enthusiasm, and stunning appearances at parties, this actor has lots to secrets to share. He is quite popular in the industry and among his fans for his energy and unique dressing sense. Be it about style, humor, dressing sense, hairstyle, he is definitely best from lots of actors in the industry. His warm, energetic and humorous personality has made him one of the most popular and loved actors of the Bollywood industry. He is none other than Ranveer Singh.
Here we’ve shared a detailed Ranveer Singh biography, his family details, love life, lesser-known facts and lots of other related things about him for his die-hard fans. So without any delay lets’ start!
Who is Ranveer Singh?
Ranveer Singh is an Indian actor who is predominantly known for his work in Hindi mainstream industry. He received fame after his debut movie Band Baaja Baaraat. His real name is Ranveer Singh Bhavnani but he trimmed it to only Ranveer Singh so people can easy remember his name easily. Always aspired to become an actor, he took interest in dancing and acting since his childhood. He got popular after working in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s movie Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani. These movies broke many records at the box office and he got lots of praise for his performance in it. He soon made it to the list of top and highest paid actors of the Bollywood industry.
Ranveer Singh Family
He was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a high class family. During the time of partition in India, his family shifted to India from Karachi. His father name is Jugjeet Singh Bhavnani, a known businessman and mother name is Anju Bhavnani, a homemaker. He has an elder sister named Ritika Bhavnani. Also, he is maternal cousin of Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor.
Ranveer Singh Wife
He is married to actress Deepika Padukone. They met each other at Zee Cine Awards in Macau. It was love at first sight for Ranveer. They again met at Yashraj where he started flirting with her, to which Deepika laughed as she knew he was dating someone else at that time. Eventually they fell for each other when they were shooting for song “Ang Laga De” from movie Goliyon ki Raasleela- Ram Leela. Post that movie, their dating rumors were all over the internet.
Soon they started visiting each other for various occasions. But in the beginning of their relationship, they chose to keep it private. After dating for few years, the couple finally took their relationship to next level and tied the knot on 14-15th November 2018 in Italy near Lake Como. They are very much in love with each other and stands beside each other during good or bad times.
Ranveer Singh Girlfriends
Before marrying Deepika, he has rumored to be dating Ahana Deol who is daughter of Hema Malini and Dharmendra. They were in same college and had dated each other for a short period of time. But even after the breakup, they still are good friends.
Later, his name was linked with his co-star Anushka Sharma. They met each other on the sets of their movie Band Baaja Baaraat. They became good friends to lover. But yet again this relationship didn’t last and they broke up mutually. Though Anushka and Ranveer are still good friends post their breakup and share cordial relationship with each other.
Ranveer Singh Career
He completed his schooling from Learner’s Academy, Mumbai and later went to Indiana University, Bloomington to complete his graduation. He has always been an acting enthusiast and used to participate in various school functions, programs, debates, plays and events since his childhood. Even during his graduation, he took theatre in a minor subject. After completing his graduation, he started his career as a copywriter and worked in various advertising agencies like O&M and J. Walter Thompson. After working there for some time, he left the job and focused on full-time acting career.
In 2010, he started his acting career with movie Band Baaja Baaraat opposite actress Anushka Sharma. The movie turned out to be a big hit at the box office and people loved his character Bittu Sharma. He won lots of awards for his amazing performance in the movie.
Post this, he gave lots of hits at the box office including Ladies vs Ricky Bahl, Lootera, Ram Leela, Gunday, Bajirao Mastani, Befikre, Padmavat, etc. His performances in movie Padmavat, Bajirao Mastani and Ram Leela gave him huge popularity and in no time, he became one of the highest paid actors of the industry. There is no looking back for him since then.
Ranveer Singh Controversies
He has been part of various controversies. Have a look:
- In the year 2012, after watching movie Ek Tha Tiger starring actors Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, he tweeted multiple tweets for the movie. After which, he faced criticism from film industry.
- Later in year 2015, FIR was filed against him along with other celebrities like Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone, Karan Johar for participating in an adult content based show named AIB Knockout.
- While shooting for movie Dil Dhadakne Do, he blew a simple flying kiss to actress Priyanka Chopra which she didn’t like. And later at a promotional event of the movie, she taunted him for his over enthusiastic acting. To this he said, he will never work with her again jokingly.
- An Italian Sikh group had alleged that Sikh code of conduct was violated in his marriage with actress Deepika Padukone.
Favorite Things of Ranveer Singh
- Govinda, Shahrukh Khan and Johnny Depp are his Favorite Actors.
- Megan Fox, Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor are his Favorite Actresses.
- Chinese Cuisines, Besan Laddoo, Butter, Cheese and Chocolates are his Favorite Food.
- Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, 3 Idiots, Sholey and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge are his Favorite Bollywood movies.
- City of God, Taxt Driver, Kill Bill and Godfather are his Favorite Hollywood movies.
- Beyonce, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Arijit Singh and Michael Jackson are his Favorite Musicians.
- Red, Black and White are his Favorite Colors.
- Football and Cricket are his Favorite Sports.
- Goa is his Favorite Destination to travel. He wishes to own a house in Goa.
Facts About Ranveer Singh
Have a look at some lesser-known facts about him:
- His real name is Ranveer Singh Bhavnani but he trimmed it to Ranveer Singh because he thought the name is too long and will be difficult for people to remember it.
- He has acting and drama in his blood since childhood. He used to participate in all of his school drama events and functions.
- Before starting his acting or modeling career, he started working as copywriter with popular advertising agency O&M.
- He rejected 3 movies and selected Band Baaja Baarat as his debut movie opposite actress Anushka Sharma.
- Not many people know that he is actress Sonam Kapoor’s second cousin. Her mother is Ranveer’s aunt.
- Other than being an actor, he is also an amazing rapper and likes to rap sometimes.
- Hema Malini’s daughter Ahana Deol and Ranveer were college sweethearts. They even dated each other for a while. They are still very good friends.
- Initially, he was the first choice for movie “Bombay Velvet” but since his dates were not available, the role later went to actor Ranbir Kapoor.
- He is a complete Mumma’s boy and considers his sister as his second mother.
- Ranveer is one of the few debutant casted by Yashraj as a solo hero in their movie.
- No wonder he earns huge amount of money but do you know his finances are taken care of by his father as he has 0 financial acumen.
- According to him, the three mentors of his life are his father, Aadiya Chopra who was his first producer and Maneesh Sharma who was his first director.
- During the shooting of movie Bajirao Mastani, he suffered a shoulder injury. Not just this, earlier he had suffered a serious leg injury while shooting for movie Lootera.
- He takes different feeding diet plans for different movies, depending on the rolling of his movies.
- Mostly his diet consists of eggs, salt, pepper, fruits and nuts.
- He loves keeping collection of porn magazines. Even whenever he visits any country, he purchases the most popular X-rated magazine from there.
- After seeing his performance in Ram Leela, actor Amitabh Bachchan had sent him a hand written note.
- His mother does not like watching him die on screen and that is why he never wants his mother to see movie Bajirao Mastani.
- He has been a naughty kid and once he was suspended from his school for 1 day. This was because he was caught listening to song “Chaiyya Chaiyya” in class.
- The actor did his graduation from Indiana University and took theatre as a minor subject.
- He believes his body type is “Endomorph”.
- Do you know that Ranveer was not always this fit. He was quite fat in his childhood but later, he started working out to lose weight.
He is Bollywood actor who made his debut with movie Band Baaja Baarat. The movie was a hit at the box office and he won Filmfare Best Debut Actor Award for it. With his hard work and dedication of becoming an actor, he became one of the highest paid actors of the industry in no time. Even because of his popularity, he appeared in Celebrity 100 list of Forbes India in 2016. He is known for his magnanimous energy and shines everywhere he goes.