Name- Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan (Sridevi Kapoor)
Date of Birth- 13 August 1963
Age- 54years (at the time of Death)
Mother- Late Ayyapan Yanger
Father- Late Rajeswari Yanger
Brother- Anand, Satish (Step Brother)
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Boney Kapoor
Son- Arjun Kapoor (Step Son)
Daughter- Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor (Step-Daughter)
Height- 5’7 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- 247 crores approx (Indian Rupee)
Sridevi Kapoor (Shree Amma YangerAyyapan) was an Indian actress and producer. She has worked in Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada films. Born on 13 August 1963 in Sivakasi, Madras State, Sridevi is known as First Female Superstar of Hindi Cinema. In the 1980s and 1990s, Sridevi was ranked among the highest paid actors. She was one of the most popular actresses of Indian cinema. She was critically acclaimed for her incredible comic timing and amazing acting skills.
Facts About Sridevi
- Sylvester Stallone and Shahrukh Khan were her Favorite actors.
- Meryl Streep was her favorite actress.
- Her favorite destination was the USA.
- Yoga, Painting, and Dancing were her favorite hobbies.
- Sridevi shot for ‘Na Jane Kaha Se Aayi Hai’ song with the 103-degree fever.
- She has refused the offer opposite Anil Kapoor in the movie “Beta” citing she already had worked with him a lot in movies.
- Rekha and former actress Naaz dubbed for Sridevi in some movies since the south Indian actress found it difficult to speak proper Hindi.
- At the age of 13, Sridevi played the role of Rajnikant’s Stepmother in the film Moondru Mudichu. This proves how talented she was.
- She has undergone cosmetic surgeries like facial enhancement, botox, facelifts, etc.
- Salman Khan and Sridevi bonded over the painting. She stopped painting, it was Salman who encouraged her after ‘Wanted”, which is why she got back to the painting. Her painting even went International.
- Sridevi was considered for a role in Jurassic Park. Steven Speilberg wanted her to be a part of the movies. But she rejected the role because she felt it didn’t suit her stature at that time.
- She produced ‘Shakti- The Power’ which starred the Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan. Even she was supposed to act in the film, but she couldn’t because she was second time pregnant with Khushi.
- The actress has appeared on the cover of fashion magazines like Marie Claire, Vogue, Hi Blitz, etc.
- She has done 16 movies with actor Jeetendra Kapoor, out of which 11 were a big hit.
- She was also known as the queen of double role. As a Bollywood actress, she has done the maximum no.of double roles.
Sridevi was born to Ayyapan and Rajeswari Yanger on 13 August 1963 in Sivakasi, Madras State, India. Her father was a lawyer. She has two step-brothers Anand, Satish and one sister Latha. Sridevi supported her family financially as she was the sole earner of the family. She was accompanied by her mother and sister during her shooting of films between 1972 and 1993. Her father died when she was shooting for her film ‘Lamhe’ in 1991 and mother died in 1996.
The actress married the film producer Boney Kapoor in 1996. They are blessed with two daughters Janhvi(1997) and Khushi (2000). The actress named their daughters after the movies Judaai and Hamara Dil Aapke Pass Hai produced by her husband Boney Kapoor.
The actress lived at Sea Springs, Bungalow No.2 Green Acres, 7 Bungalows, Andheri West, Lokhandwala Complex Mumbai with her husband and two daughters.
Sridevi First Movie
The actress made her debut at the age of 4 with Tamil film Thunaivan in which she played the role of young Lord Muruga. Her performance in Malayalam film Poompatta(1971) as a child artist gave her huge fame. She got the Kerala State Film Award for the category of Best Child artist. In her early adulthood, she acted in lots of Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam Film.
She got her first big break opposite Kamal Hassan and Rajnikant in 1976 as heroine in K. Balachander’s Moondru Mudichu. She became the most successful actress of Tamil during the period 1979-83.
Sridevi was starred in her first Bollywood movie in 1978, Solva Sawan. The movie failed at the box office. However, her second movie, Himmatwala opposite Bollywood star Jitendra Kapoor became successful at the box office. Her journey in Bollywood began and that’s how she became the First Female Superstar of Hindi Cinema.
The actress worked in many movies. She has left behind a legacy. Here is a list of movies done by Sridevi;
Year Film 1967 Kandhan Karunai 1969 Thunaivan 1969 Nam Naadu 1970 Penn Deivam 1970 Kulavilakku 1970 En Annan 1969 Kumara Sambhavam 1971 Babu 1971 Aathi Parasakthi 1971 Sabatham 1971 Yaanai Valartha Vanambadi Magan 1972 Agathiyar 1972 Kanimuthu Paappa 1972 Malai Nattu Mangai 1972 Vasantha Maligai 1973 Nanban 1973 Deiva Kuzhandhaigal 1973 Prarthanai 1973 Bharatha Viilas 1974 Thirumangalyam 1974 Thirudi 1974 Engal Kuladheivam 1974 Avalukku Nihar Avale 1976 Dasavatharam 1976 Moondru Mudichu 1977 Gayathri 1977 Kavikkuyil 1977 16 Vayathinile 1977 Sayndhadamma Sayndhadu 1978 Ilaya Rani Rajalakshmi 1978 Ganga Yamuna Kaveri 1978 Taxi Driver 1978 Rajavuketha Rani 1978 Vanakkatukuriya Kathaliye 1978 Ithu Eppadi Irukku 1978 Machanai Partheengala 1978 Manidharil Ithanai Nirangala 1978 Mudisooda Mannan 1978 Pilot Premnath 1978 Sigappu Rojakkal 1978 Priya 1978 Rajavuukeththa Rani 1979 Arumbugal 1979 Dharma Yuddham 1979 Kalyanaraman 1979 Pagalil Oru Iravu 1979 Kavariman 1979 Neela Malargal 1979 Naan Oru Kai Parkiren 1979 Pattakathi Bhairavan 1979 Sigappukkal Mookkuthi 1979 Lakshmi 1979 Thaayillamal Naan Illai 1980 Guru 1980 Johnny 1980 Varumayi Niram Sivappu 1980 Vishwaroopam 1981 Bala Nagamma 1981 Dheiyva Thirumanangal 1981 Sankarlal 1981 Meendum Kokila 1981 Ranuva Veeran 1982 Pokkiri Raja 1982 Vazhvey Maayam 1982 Moondram Pirai 1982 Thanikattu Raja 1982 Deviyin Thirivilaiyadal 1982 Vanjam 1983 Adutha Varisu 1983 Santhippu 1986 Naan Adimai Illai 2012 English Vinglish 2015 Puli 1969 Kumara Sambhavam 1970 Swapnangal 1970 Sabarimala Sree Dharmashastha 1971 Poompatta 1971 Aana Valarthiya Vanampadiyude Makan 1972 Theerthayathra 1976 Abhinandanam 1976 Kuttavum Sikshayum 1976 Aalinganam 1976 Thulavarsham 1977 Aasheervaadam 1977 Aadhya Paadam 1977 Aa Nimisham 1977 Anthardaaham 1977 Akale Aakaasham 1977 Amme Anupame 1977 Nirakudam 1977 Oonjaal 1977 Angeekaaram 1977 Satyavan Savithri 1977 Vezhambal 1978 Naalumanippookkal 1984 Premabhishekam 1996 Devaraagam 2018 Sree Sree Devaraagam 1974 Bhakta Kumbara 1975 Hennu Samsarada Kannu 1972 Baala Bhaaratha 1961 Sampoorna Ramayana 1975 Yashodha Krishna 1979 Priya 1970 Maa Nanna Nirdoshi 1970 Agni Pareeksha 1970 Vidhi vilasam 1971 Nenoo Manishine 1971 srimantudu 1971 Kathiki Kankanam 1971 pattindalla bangaram 1971 Naa Tammudu 1972 Badi Panthulu 1972 Bala Bharatam 1973 Bhakta Tukaram 1973 Marapurani Manishi 1973 Mallamma Katha 1975 Yashoda Krishna 1975 Ee Kalapu Pillalu 1975 Devudulaanti Manishi 1976 Anuragalu 1977 Bangarakka 1978 Padaharella Vayasu 1979 Bangaru Chellelu 1979 Burripalem Bolludu 1979 Karthika Deepam 1979 Muddula Koduku 1979 Vetagaadu 1979 Samajaniki Saval 1980 Aatagadu 1980 Chuttalunnaru Jagratta 1980 Kaksha 1980 Devudu Ichchina Koduku 1980 Gharana Donga 1980 Mama Allulla Saval 1980 Prema Kanuka 1980 Rowdy Ramudu Konte Krishnudu 1980 Sardar Papa Rayudu 1980 Gaja Donga 1980 Mosagadu 1981 Puli Bidda 1981 Bhoga Bhagyalu 1981 Aakali Rajyam 1981 Gharana Gangulu 1981 Gadasari Atta Sogasari Kodalu 1981 Guru Sishyulu 1981 Kondaveeti Simham 1981 Premabhishekam 1981 Rani Kasula Rangamma 1981 Illalu 1981 Satyam Shivam 1982 Aadi Vishnulu 1982 Trishulam 1982 Andagaadu 1982 Anuraga Devata 1982 Bangaaru Bhoomi 1982 Bangaaru Koduku 1982 Bobbili Puli 1982 Justice Chowdary 1982 Kalavari Samsaram 1982 Krisharjunulu 1982 Krishnavataram 1982 Bangaru Kanuka 1982 Vayyari Bhamalu Vagalamari Bhartalu 1982 Prema Nakshatram 1983 Adavi Simhalu 1983 Kirayi Kotigaadu 1983 Mundadugu 1983 Ramarajyamlo Bheemaraju 1983 Sri Ranga Neethulu 1983 Oorantha Sankranthi 1983 Muddula Mogudu 1984 Babulugaadi Debba 1984 S.P. Bhayankar 1984 Kanchu Kagada 1984 Pachchani Kapuram 1984 Kode Trachu 1985 Vajrayudham 1986 Oka Radha Iddaru Krishnulu 1986 Jayam Manade 1986 Khaidi Rudraiah 1987 Makutamleni Maharaju 1988 Maa Oori Magaadu 1988 Maharajashri Mayagaadu 1989 Aakhari Poratam 1990 Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari 1991 Kshana Kshanam 1994 Govinda Govinda 1994 S.P.Parasuram 1975 Julie 1978 Solva Sawan 1983 Sadma 1983 Himmatwala 1983 Jaani Dost 1983 Justice Chaudhury 1983 Mawaali 1983 Kalakaar 1984 Jaag Utha Insan 1984 Akalmand 1984 Inquilaab 1984 Tohfa 1984 Maqsad 1984 Naya Kadam 1985 Sarfarosh 1985 Balidaan 1985 Masterji 1986 Nagina 1986 Ghar Sansar 1986 Aag Aur Shola 1986 Sultanat 1986 Dharm Adhikari 1986 Bhagwan Dada 1986 Aakhree Raasta 1986 Janbaaz 1986 Karma 1986 Suhaagan 1987 Watan Ke Rakhwale 1987 Jawab Hum Denge 1987 Aulad 1987 Nazrana 1987 Majaal 1987 Mr. India 1987 Himmat Aur Mehanat 1988 Sone Pe Suhaaga 1988 Sherni 1988 Ram-Avtar 1988 Waqt Ki Awaz 1989 Nigahen: Nagina Part II 1989 Main Tera Dushman 1989 Guru 1989 Joshilaay 1989 Gair Kanooni 1989 Chandni 1989 ChaalBaaz 1990 Pathar Ke Insan 1990 Nakabandi 1991 Farishtay 1991 Lamhe 1991 Banjaran 1992 Khuda Gawah 1992 Heer Ranjha 1992 Aasman Se Gira 1993 Gurudev 1993 Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja 1993 Gumrah 1993 Reyasat 1993 Chandramukhi 1994 Laadla 1994 Chaand Kaa Tukdaa 1996 Army 1996 Great Robbery 1996 Mr. Bechara 1997 Judaai 1997 Kaun Sachcha Kaun Jhootha 2004 Meri Biwi Ka Jawaab Nahin 2004 Malini Iyer 2008 Halla Bol 2012 English Vinglish 2013 Bombay Talkies 2017 Mom 2018 Zero
Sridevi Death Cause
The Bollywood actress Sridevi died of accidental drowning on 24 Feb 2018, a Dubai post-mortem report has said. The actress along with her family was in Dubai to celebrate their nephew Mohit Marwah’s marriage. While various reports earlier cited cardiac arrest as the cause of her death. But the UAE Ministry of Health’s director of preventive medicine issued a letter saying, the actress died because of accidental drowning.
- Relationship with Mithun Chakraborty- Sridevi and Mithun Chakraborty had an affair. It is said that Mithun and Sridevi married secretly but their marriage lasted for only 3 years. They were both criticized for hiding their marriage. It attracted a controversy when their marriage certificate was published by a Fan magazine.
- Relationship with Boney Kapoor- Sridevi was accused of being a home-breaker when she married producer Boney Kapoor. Boney Kapoor was married to Mona Kapoor. They have two children, Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor and a daughter Anshula Kapoor. It was then the affair started and soon she became pregnant with Boney’s child. the news spread like fire and in 1996 Boney and Sridevi had a simple temple wedding. Boney left his first wife and children.