Name- Arjun Kapoor
Date of Birth- 26 June 1985
Age- 36 years (as in 2021)
Mother- Mona Shourie Kapoor
Father- Boney Kapoor
Sister– Anshula Kapoor
Step-Sisters- Janhvi Kapoor & Khushi Kapoor
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 6’0 approx.
Net Worth- $10Million approx.
Arjun Kapoor Biography
The actor who once weighed 140 Kg but with his dedication and passion for becoming an actor, he worked hard on his physique. The actor who was once known as a star kid but now has established his name in the industry on the basis of his talents. He is none other than Arjun Kapoor.
Here we’ve attempted to share a detailed Arjun Kapoor biography, his family details, love story, career and other related information about him especially for his fans. So without any delay lets’ start!
Who is Arjun Kapoor?
Arjun Kapoor is a popular actor, model and television host who is predominantly known for his work in Bollywood industry. He made his acting debut with super hit movie “Ishaqzaade” and got lots of praise and attention for his performance in that movie. Despite being son of producer Boney Kapoor, he made his acting debut in the industry on his own without asking for any approach from his father. Right after his debut movie, he established himself as one of the skilled actors of the Bollywood entertainment industry.
Coming from an influential family, he was destined to make his career in the entertainment field. But to become a big name in the industry, he first worked on his body, learned the acting skills, and started auditioning for movies. With his hard work and dedication, he established himself as one of the most versatile actors of the industry.
Arjun Kapoor Family
He was born in Mumbai into a high class Hindu Punjabi family. His father name is Boney Kapoor, a known Bollywood producer and mother name is Mona Shourie Kapoor, a TV producer. His mother died just 2 months before the release of his movie Ishaqzaade. He has a younger sister named Anshula Kapoor. Actors Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor are his Uncle. Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor are his cousin sisters.
Arjun Kapoor Girlfriend
He is currently dating model cum actress Malaika Arora. Eventually the rumors of them dating started to spread during the time when Malaika and Arbaaz started having problems in their relationship. Even Arjun was blamed for it. And finally when she divorced Arbaaz, the now couple, Arjun and Malaika began making public appearances and were also seen together in family get together.
Finally on 26th June, she shared a picture with Arjun on her Instagram account, wishing him the best birthday wish. In that picture, the two were seen holding each other’s hand and made things evident that they are dating. From that day to this very day, they never hide their relationship and made it official, expecting media and public to respect their decision and privacy.
He has also dated Salman Khan’s sister Arpita Khan.
Arjun Kapoor Career
He completed his schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir School in Mumbai but since he got failed in his board’s exam, he then left his studies in between. Coming from a filmy background, he always had an interest in acting since his childhood. Finally in 2003, he started his career as an assistant director with movie Kal Ho Na Ho. After this, he assisted his father Boney in his movie No Entry. On the sets of that movie, he met actor Salman Khan who saw the potential in him and told him to pursue acting as a career. During that time, he used to weigh 100kg but later to make his career in the industry, he started working out and lose weight under the guidance of actor Salman Khan.
Finally after 4 years of rigorous workout and knowledge of acting, he started auditioning for movies. In 2012, he made his acting debut with movie Ishaqzaade. The movie proved to be a kick start for his career and his performance was critically acclaimed by everyone. There is no looking back for him since then and he has successfully cemented his place in the entertainment industry.
Facts About Arjun Kapoor
Have a look at some of the lesser known facts about him:
- Before making his debut as an actor, he worked as an assistant director.
- He has been an assistant director to Nikhil Advani for his movie Kal Ho Na Ho and Salaam-e-ishq: A tribute to Love.
- Then he worked as an assistant director with his father for movie No Entry.
- During the shooting of movie No Entry, he met Salman Khan who inspired him to become an actor and lose weight.
- He went to John Acting studio along with Varun Dhawan to learn the acting skills. They made a short film titled White Mountain.
- Finally in 2012, he made his big screen debut with movie Ishaqzaade. The movie gave him praise and lots of attention on him from critics and audiences.
- Later, he worked in many movies including Gunday, Ki & Ka, Aurangzeb, Panipat, etc. among others.
- During his childhood, he battled obesity and weighed around 100kgs.
- As revealed by himself, it took him 3-4 years to lose 50 kgs. And with rigorous workout and diet, he finally came into shape that an actor needs to have.
- His close friends and family members used to call him Fubu, which was a popular clothing brand.
- His favorite sports is Football and Cricket.
- There was a time when he was dating Salman Khan’s sister Arpita Khan. It was before he became an actor. Now he is dating Malaika Arora.
- He has a huge man-crush on actor Hrithik Roshan. He even confessed that how only Hrithik’s presence is enough to distract him.
- The actor has often admitted that he still feels his mother is with him. He was very close to his mother and even have a tattoo “Ma” on his right wrist.
- Not many people know that he have phobia of ceiling fans.
- While he has established himself as an actor, he confessed that he harbours the dream of directing a movie one day. Also, he will not star himself in his directorial movie.
- Despite growing up in lap of luxury, he continues to have simple taste. Even now his favorite go-to meal is Kaddi Chawal.
- Post the separation of his parents, he revealed that he withdrew into a shell and became an introvert person.
Arjun Kapoor has now become quite a popular name in the industry by giving some good movies at the box office. Even though he was introduced in the industry as Boney Kapoor’s son now it won’t be wrong to say that with his hard work, he has become an identity for his father and have made him proud.