Name- Urvashi Dholakia
Date of Birth- 9 July 1979
Age- 40 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Kaushal Dholakia
Father- Name Not Known
Brother- Anurup Dholakia
Marital Status/Marriage- Divorced
Husband- Name Not Known
Son- Sagar Dholakia and Kshitij Dholakia
Height- 5’4 approx.
Weight- 52kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Urvashi Dholakia Biography
Urvashi Dholakia is an Indian model and actress. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 9 July 1979, she completed her schooling from her hometown in New Delhi. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Komolika Basu” in serial “Kasautii Zindagi Kay”. She played the negative role in the show which was hugely liked by the masses at that time making her the household name. Owing to her popularity, she has even won the television reality show “Bigg Boss” season 6. She has lakhs of followers from all over the world who loves her acting and personality.
Facts About Urvashi Dholakia
- Salman Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Madhuri Dixit is her Favorite Actress.
- Hum Aapke Hai Kaun is her Favorite Bollywood Movie.
- White is her Favorite Color.
- Travelling is her Favorite Hobby.
- Dubai is her Favorite Destination.
- She started her acting career at the age of 6 only with a TV commercial for Lux soap.
- She made her acting debut on the small screen with TV serial “Dekh Bhai Dekh” where she played the role of Shilpa in the year 1993.
- The actress got married at the age of 16 only and became the mother of twins son when she was 19 years of age. However, she got divorced early and raised both of her sons all by herself.
- Her career’s turning point when she played the role of “Komolika Basu” in popular serial Kasuatii Zindagi Kay.
- She gained immense popularity for this role and became everyone’s favorite in the best negative role.
- Owing to her popularity, the actress has won one of the controversial reality show “Bigg Boss 6” which was hosted by Bollywood star Salman Khan.
- Till date, she has been part of many popular shows including Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Sacch Ka Saamna, Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Badi Door Se Aaye Hai and a lot more.
- In the year 2019, she participated in dance reality show Nach Baliye season 9.
Urvashi Dholakia Family
She was born in New Delhi, India into a middle class Hindu family. Her mother name is Kaushal Dholakia and father name is not known. She has a brother named Anurup Dholakia. The actress is a mother of twins son named Sagar Dholakia and Kshitij Dholakia. She got married at the age 16 years only but unfortunately, she got divorced and raised her kids all by herself. Urvashi is a strong women who had been through a tough journey but inspite of everything, she managed to give all the possible comforts to her both sons. She is very close to her family especially her mother and children.
Urvashi Dholakia Husband/ Boyfriend
The actress got married at the age of 16 and got divorced early in her marriage phase. Her husband name is not known as the actress has never spoken about her past life. She has been single since her divorced but at one point of time, there was a rumor of her dating her co-star Anuj Sachdeva. They got to know each other while shooting for a daily soap and things were going great between them until Anuj’s family came into scene. Things went bad when Anuj’s family disapprove of their relationship and they never discussed about it any further. However, this is just a rumor as none of the two have spoken about their relationship and have considered each other as good friends only who have nothing but respect for each other.
Urvashi Dholakia Career/ Television Shows
She made her debut at the age of 6 with TV commercial for Lux soap. Then in the year 1993, she made her debut on small screen with serial “Dekh Bhai Dekh” as Shilpa. Later she appeared in shows like Waqt Ki Raftar, Ghar Ek Mandir, Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii, and a few more. But it was serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay” which was the turning point in her career. She played the role of Komolika Basu and became everyone’s favorite in a negative role. Since then, there is no looking back for her and she did many different roles. Owing to her popularity, the actress has won the reality show “Bigg Boss 6” as well. Here is the list of all the serials and reality shows the actress has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role
1993 Dekh Bhai Dekh Shilpa
1995 Zamana Badal Gaya Anju Mathur
1997 Waqt Ki Raftar 2001 Shaktimaan Mansi Sharma
2000–2001 Ghar Ek Mandir Sonia
2001–2002 Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii Sonia
2001–2008 Kasautii Zindagii Kay Komolika
2003–2005 Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan Shweta
2003 Kahani Terrii Merrii 2003–2007 Kahiin To Hoga Archie Khanna
2008–2009 Comedy Circus Celebrity Contestant with Shakeel Siddiqui
2009 Sacch Ka Saamna Herself
2009–2010 Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai Karishma Mehra
2010 Meethi Choori No 1 Herself
2012 Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? Dr. Komolika Rana
2012–2013 Bigg Boss 6 Herself (Series Winner)
2015 Badi Door Se Aaye Hai 555
2017–2018 Chandrakanta — Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha Queen Iravati
2018 Juzzbaat Herself (as a guest)
2019 Ishq Mein Marjawan Mohini (Guest in Holi special mahasangam Episodes)
2019 Udaan Mohini (Guest in Holi special mahasangam Episodes)
2019 Kitchen Champion 5 Contestant