Name- Nikhil Chinapa
Date of Birth- 6 June 1973
Age- 47 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Lt. Col. Bhemaiah Chinapa
Sister– Not Known
Brother- Nitish Chinapa
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- DJ Pearl
Daughter- Anouka Maia Chinapa
Height- 5’9 approx.
Net Worth- $5 million approx.
Nikhil Chinapa Biography
Nikhil Chinapa is an Indian DJ, host, actor and festival curator who is known for increasing the popularity of EDM music among the youths of India. He is known as cool MTV host who has started his career with MTV and won the MTV VJ Hunt in 1999. Till then, he continues to be an integral part of the MTV family. He has hosted and organized several popular music related events internationally before stepping in as the host of MTV Roadies along with Neha Dhupia, Ranvijay Singh, Prince Narula, Raftaar for several seasons. Known as one of the best host for tv shows and events, Nikhil has also acted in several Bollywood movies. Now lets’ get in more detail about his family, career, wife, facts and more.
Nikhil Chinapa Family
He was born in Bangalore, India into a middle class family. His father name is Bhemaiah Chinapa, an ex-Indian Army Paratrooper and mother name is Ganga Chinapa. He has a brother named Nitish Chinapa. Since his father was in Army, he has moved all over India and as a result did his schooling from different schools in India including Begumpet’s Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad and Faust High School, Secundarabad, after this he studied in St. George High School Agra. Later, he earned a degree in Architecture from Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering in Bangalore and did his thesis on the design of hospitals.
Nikhil Chinapa Wife
Roadies fame Nikhil is married to DJ Pearl. There is an Interesting love story of how they met. According to HT, Once Pearl called a producer of one of MTV’s show and Nikhil jokingly took the call. He founded her voice incredible and had interesting conversation. Listening to her voice only, he went crazy and asked her for dinner during one of his upcoming show in Delhi. They then met and the rest is history. The couple have dated for long 6 years before tying the knot in 2012. They are very supportive of each other’s work and likes to give space when required just like a perfect couple should.
In February 2018, they became proud parents of a daughter named Anouka Maia Chinapa.
Nikhil Chinapa Career
Eventually he started his career as a VJ when he won MTV VJ Hunt in 1999. Following that, he hosted MTV Host, which introduced popular music and band from different parts of the world. In 2000, he made his debut as an actor with movie Snip which didn’t turn out that good at the box office. Later, he hosted reality shows like India’s Got Talent with Roadies winner Ayushmann Khurana and several other seasons of MTV Splitsvilla. Other than this, he has also judged shows like Rock On, MTV Mashups, Fame X and seasons 4, 5 and 7 of MTV Roadies.
He became the household name after he appeared as a gang leader in popular reality show MTV Roadies in 2017. The show made him the household name and there is no looking back for him since then.
Nikhil has also co-founded Submerge in 2003 with his wife which went on to be one of the largest and popular EDM companies in India. Later in 2007, he co-founded Sunburn but parted ways with the franchise in 2013 due to some internal issues. Then, he co-founded Vh1 Supersonic with his wife, which yet again became one of India’s biggest dance music festivals. Other than all this, he has also acted in Bollywood movies in special cameo roles.
Some Lesser Known & Interesting Facts About Nikhil Chinapa
Have a look at some of the interesting facts about him:
- His real name is Kalengada Bhemaiah Chinapa.
- He was born in Bangalore but has moved all over India in his childhood as his father was an Army officer.
- Not many people know this, Nikhil is a qualified architect with degree from Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering in Bangalore. He did his final year thesis on the design of hospitals.
- He has always been interested in music since his college days. But later, it actually became his passion after he took up DJing at various parties to earn some extra money.
- He has been associated with MTV India since late 1990s and started his career as a TV personality in 1999 when he won MTV VJ Hunt. There was no turning back for him since then.
- This multi-talented man is popular among 90s kids as a cool guy who hosted MTV select. It was a music show that has introduced many of us to music like Backstreet Boys and Green Day among other cool music.
- Other than MTV shows, he has also hosted popular shows like India’s Got Talent, Splitsvilla, Roadies and more.
- He is also a pioneer to bring EDM (Electronic Dance Music) culture in India.
- Nikhil owns a music company named Submerge Music which has collaborated with International prominent DJs like Swedish House Mafia, Above & Beyond, Alesso, Zedd, Hardwell among others.
- Until 2013, he was the co-founder of Sunburn music festival. And after leaving it, it then co-founded Vh1 Supersonic with his wife. This is yet another huge music festival.
- Other than his VJing, he has also made small appearances in several movies like Om Shanti Om, Zinda, Dus, etc.