Name- Adhi HipHop Tamizha
Date of Birth- 20 February 1990
Age- 31 years(as in 2021)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Height- 5’7 approx.
Net Worth- N/A
He is self-made star, super-ambitious, very hardworking and has a lot of pride in his achievements. With the charisma that is hard to miss, he is strong, logical, strongly opinionated and hardly egoistic celebrity. He is none other than famous musician Adhi Hip-Hop Tamizha. This popular musician turned actor has earned a place for himself in the industry. From starting his journey as a singer to becoming one of the most popular musicians in the Tamil movies industry, he achieved a lot in his career in a short span of time.
Here we’ve attempted to share a small yet informational Adhi Hiphop Tamizha biography, his family details, wife, career, facts and other things related to him especially for his fans. So lets’ start!
Who is Adhi?
The popular Tamil Hip hop sensation, Adhi aka Adhithya Ramachandran Venkatapathy is an Indian actor, singer, director and lyricist. He is also founder of HipHop Tamizha musical duo. He has released many albums along with his musical partner R.Jeeva. The multi-talented star rose to fame with his track “Club Le Mabbu Le”. Initially, he developed his interest for hip-hop after seeing Michael Jackson’s track “Jam”.
He wrote his own songs and started uploading them online at a very young age. Initially, his father didn’t support his musical career. So he used the photo of Tamil poet Subramania Bharati in his YouTube channel and uploaded videos there and after getting positive response from the audience, he revealed his identity. Later, after seeing his work his father was convinced and supported him whole-heartedly.
He was born in Sathyamangalam, Erode district, Tamil Nadu, India into a middle-class Hindu family. His mother comes from an agricultural background and father worked at Bharathiar University. There is not much information about his family except the fact that his family is very proud of him and his achievements in a short span of time.
He is married to Chennai based girl Latchaya. She is Chennai ponnu and a regular girl with no filmy background. The couple got married in a private wedding ceremony in Chennai. They are happily married and enjoying their lives together as a couple.
He did his schooling from a school in Coimbatore, named Chavara Vidya Bhavan. Later he completed his engineering in Electrical from Bannari Amman Institute of Technology in Sathyamangalam, Tamil Nadu. He also has MBA degree in Department of Management Studies from University of Madras, Chennai.
He has always been an music enthusiast and his first single track named “Club Le Mabbu le” had received more than 2 million views on YouTube within a week of its release.
In the year 2005, he met R.Jeeva on a social media site and later formed a musical group “HipHop Tamizha”. They met through social networking site Orkut.
Both of them as a team released their first Tamil hiphop mix tape “Vishwaroobam Arambam” in 2005. But they shot to success with their track “Hip Hop Tamizha” in 2012.
Other than these, he has appeared in many videos including Excuse Me Kathali, Ezhuvoam Vaa, Takkaru Takkaru, etc.
Then in the year 2013, he worked on an international album with star Remy Martin. Their album “International Tamizha” had total 8 tracks, out of which 2 were sung by Sol and Emcee Call who are American artists but this album due to some reasons is not yet released.
Other than singing, he loves direction and acting as well. In 2017, he made his directorial debut with Tamil movie “Meesaya Murukku” in which he himself had played the lead role.
Adhi HipHop Tamizha Awards & Recognitions
The singer turned actor has won several awards and recognitions for his work. Have a look:
- You will find his name in “India Book of Records” because he is the first artist to release an Indian Tamil hip hop album in India.
- He won Internet Sensation of the Year Award at Big Tamil Entertainment Awards in 2013.
- Won The Rising Star of 2014 at Edison Awards in the year 2015.
- In 2016, won Saadhanai Tamizhan Award from the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Won Independent Artist of The Year Award at Anna University.
Adhi HipHop Tamizha Lesser Known Facts
Have a look at some of the lesser known facts about him:
- In 2013, the musical duo hiphop Tamizha have launched their clothing brand named “Tamizhanda Clothing” by collaborating with firm Difference of Opinion.
- He also have a music label, Madrasi Mafia that mainly looks after Independent music artists.
- He has given many performances at several events like Deepwoods and Techfes.
- Not many people know this that he did not learn rap professionally but there is a small story behind it. When he was a kid, his parents bought him a computer along with a software that has Fruity Loops in it. Adhi being inclined towards music, took notice of that and started producing beats for fun. Step by step he learned to rap on that beats.
- His first album Hip hop Tamizha was the best seller of the year.
- His YouTube channel exists since year 2005.
- He eventually got popular through his song “Club Le Mabbu Le”. Anirudh heard him and after hearing the song, he booked Adhi for song in Ethir Neechal.
With his dedication and hard work, he made it big in not only the music industry but also in the acting field too. So this is all about the music sensation Adhi Hip Hop Tamizha. Hope you like this information about your favorite star. Also, share this article with your friends who are big fan of Adhi.