Name- Koel Mallick
Date of Birth- 28 April 1982
Age- 38 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Deepa Mallick
Father- Ranjit Mallick
Sister– Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Nispal Singh
Height- 5’6 approx.
Weight- 59kg approx.
Koel Mallick Biography
Koel Mallick is an Indian actress. She is primarily known for her work in Bengali cinema. Born on 28 April 1982, she did her schooling from Modern High School for Girls in Kolkata. She completed her graduation in BSc (honors) in psychology from the Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College, Kolkata. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Manisha” in Bengali movie Nater Guru. Despite being it her debut movie, her performance in the movie was liked by the audience and critics giving her immense popularity on the work front. She even won 4th Tele Cine Awards for the same in 2004. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her acting skills and looks.
Facts About Koel Mallick
- Prosenjit Chatterjee is her Favorite Actor.
- Kajol Devgan is her Favorite Actress.
- Black and Yellow are her Favorite Colors.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli are her Favorite Cricketers.
- Goa, Hilly areas and London are her Favorite Destinations.
- Chicken Fry and Fish are her Favorite Food.
- Travelling, Playing Games and Reading are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Being born to a superstar, she wanted to make her career in the entertainment industry since her childhood days.
- In 2003, she made her acting debut with Bengali movie Nater Guru opposite actor Jeet. She won her first awards “4th Tele Cine Awards” for best actress in a leading role for her performance in the movie.
- Then in 2004, she starred in several movies including Debipaksha, Shudhu Tumi, and Badsha The King, which performed poorly at the box office.
- But in the same year, she gave her career’s biggest hit with movie “Bandhan” where she played duo role. The movie was a big hit and became the highest grossing Bengali film in 2004.
- Post that, she did many movies including Shubhodrishti, Manik, Yuddho, Chore Chore Mastuto Bhai, Love, MLA Fatakeshto, etc. and became one of the top actresses of the Bengali cinema.
- Other than movies, she has worked in several television shows as well like Katha O Kahini, Bengali version of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Bojhena Se Bojhena among others.
- She has endorsed variety of multi-national brands like TVS Motor Company, Fair & Lovely, Panasonic, Vaseline etc.
- The actress has won many awards for her performances in the movies and is one of the best actresses of Bengal.
Koel Mallick Family
She was born in Kolkata into a high class Bengali family. Her father name is Ranjit Mallick, an actor and mother name is Deepa Mallick. She is the only child of her parents and they love her like anything. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the popular actresses of the Bengali industry.
Koel Mallick Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to her long time boyfriend Nispal Singh. The couple tied the knot on 1 February 2013 in a private wedding ceremony accompanied by close friends and family. They had been in long relationship for over 7 years before marrying, but they kept their relationship under the wraps to stay away from glamour world of industry news. Now the couple is happily married and are madly in love with each other. They became proud parents of a baby boy on 5 May 2020 and shared this news with their fans on Instagram.
Koel Mallick Career/ Movies
Coming from a filmy background, acting was in her genes and she always knew this is what she wants to do. And so after completing her graduation, she made her acting debut with Bengali movie “Nater Guru” in 2003. This movie was a smash hit and she was praised for her performance in the movie. Post this, few of her movies didn’t work well at the box office and were declared flop at the box office. But she didn’t had to wait long for a successful movie as in year 2004, she appeared in movie “Bandhan”where she played dual role Rina/ Meena. The movie became the highest grossing Bengali film in 2004 making her the household name. There is no looking back for her since then and she has given lots of successful movies at the box office.
Other than movies, she has worked in various television serials as well. She made her television debut with talk-show Katha O Kahini which went on to the channel Star Jalsha. Then in 2013, she judged a dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Bengali version along with several popular celebrities. She has done variety of roles and gave her fans something new and fresh every time she appeared on the screen. The actress is one of the renowned actresses of the industry. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
|2004||Bandhan||Rina/Meena (Dual Role)||Bengali|
|2004||Badsha The King||Titli||Bengali|
|2005||Chore Chore Mastuto Bhai||Malati||Bengali|
|2005||Premi No. 1||Preity||Odia, dubbed in Bengali|
|2006||Eri Naam Prem||Bengali|
|2008||Bor Asbe Ekhuni||Mitil||Bengali|
|2008||Mon Mane Na||Riya||Bengali|
|2009||Neel Akasher Chadni||Chandni||Bengali|
|2009||Saat Paake Bandha||Pallavi||Bengali|
|2010||Mon Je Kore Uru Uru||Diya||Bengali|
|2010||Prem By Chance||Annapurna||Bengali|
|2010||Bolo Na Tumi Amar||Madhurima||Bengali|
|2014||Arundhati||Arundhati/Mishti (Dual Role)||Bengali|
|2015||Besh Korechi Prem Korechi||Rai||Bengali|
|2017||Chaya O Chobi||Rai||Bengali|
|2018||Ghare & Baire||Labanya||Bengali|
|2019||Sagardwipey Jawker Dhan||Dr. Ruby Chatterjee||Bengali|
|2019||Shesh Theke Shuru||Pujarini||Bengali|
|2020||Mitin Mashi 2||Mitin||Bengali|
Koel Mallick Awards
The actress has won several awards for her performance in the movies. Here are few:
- 2003- Won 4th Tele Cine Awards 2004 for the film Nater Guru.
- 2005- Won Kalakar Awards, for movie Subhodrishti.
- 2010- Won ZEE Bangla Gourav Samman Award for movie Bolo Na Tumi Amar.
- 2010- Won Star Jalsha Award for movie Dui Prithibi.
- 2012- Won BFJA Awards 2013 for movie Hemlock Society.
- 2012- Won ZEE Bangla Gourav Samman Award for movie Hemlock Society.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram