Name- Sayantika Banerjee
Date of Birth- 12 August 1986
Age- 34 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Guru Prasad Banerjee
Sister– Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’6 approx.
Weight- 58kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Sayantika Banerjee Biography
Sayantika Banerjee is an Indian actress, dancer and model. She is primarily known for her work in Bengali cinema. Born on 12 August 1986, she did her schooling from a private school in Kolkata. She completed her graduation in Bachelor of commerce from Kolkata University in Kolkata, India. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Poulomi” in Bengali movie Awara. Her role in the movie was liked by the audience and critics and she got immense popularity on the work front. Not only for acting skills but she has been praised for her dancing skills as well. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her looks, acting and dancing skills.
Facts About Sayantika Banerjee
- Shahrukh Khan, Jeet, Ranveer Singh and Irfan Khan are her Favorite Actors.
- Katrina Kaif, Koel Mallick and Priyanka Chopra are her Favorite Actresses.
- Red is her Favorite Color.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Virat Kohli and Sourav Ganguly are her Favorite Cricketers.
- Fish, Khichadi, Chocolate and Thai are her Favorite Food.
- Travelling, Gymming, Playing and Dancing are her Favorite Hobbies.
- In 2008, she started her career with dance reality show Naach Dhoom Macha ley as a contestant.
- Then in the next year, she made her acting debut with movie Ghor Sangsar where she played the role of a girl named Millie.
- Post that, she did several movies like Target: The Final Mission, Hangover, Paapi and Mone Pore Ajo Sei Din, but these movies did not perform as it was expected.
- Her career’s turning point came after she did movie Awara opposite actor Jeet in 2012. The movie was a hit and she got lots of praise from the audience and critics for her role.
- She has been part of many Bengali movies like Power, Kelor Kirti, Abhimaan, Ami Je Ke Tomar, etc. and established her name in the list of best actresses of the Bengali industry.
- Other than acting, she has been brand ambassador for team Bengal Tigers and Midnapore Mighties in Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) and Bengal Cricket League respectively.
- The actress is an avid pet lover.
- She has won several awards for her performance in the movies including Mahanayak Uttam Kumar Samman Film Award, Bengal Youth Awards, etc.
Sayantika Banerjee Family
She was born in Kolkata, India into a middle class Hindu family. Her father name is Guru Prasad Banerjee and mother name is not known. There is no information about her siblings. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the Bengali industry.
Sayantika Banerjee Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and focusing on her career. However earlier, she was dating actor Joy Mukherjee. They met each other on the sets of their movie “Target: The Final Mission” and became good friends. In no time, they fell in love and were in a live-in relationship for long 9 years but had a bitter break up. If reports are to be believed then Joy used to assault her physically which led their relationship to turn sour. In 2018, Joy attacked her and abused her, after which he was arrested by Kolkata police but was granted bail on a personal bond after some time. Now they both have moved on in their respective lives and are focusing on their career.
Sayantika Banerjee Career/ Movies
She started her career as a contestant with dance reality show “Naach Dhoom Macha Ley” in 2008. She was praised for her dancing skills and luckily grabbed the eyeballs of various filmmakers. Then in 2009, she got the opportunity to make her acting debut with movie “Ghor Sangsar” as Millie. Following this, she did number of movies including arget, Hangover and Mone Pore Ajo Sei Din but these didn’t work well at the box office. However in 2012, her career’s breakthrough role came after she did the movie Awara opposite actor Jeet. The movie was a big hit at the box office giving her immense popularity and fame. There is no looking back for her since then and she has given many super hit movies at the box office. In no time, she became one of the known actresses of the Bengali industry.
Other than movies, she has been part of various reality shows as well which includes Naach Dhoom Macha ley, Bindaas Dance, and Bindaas Dance Season 2. The actress has established a place for herself in the industry with her dedication, passion and hard work towards the acting. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Director
2009 Ghor Sangsar Millie Swapan Saha
2010 Target: The Final Mission Priti Raja Chanda
2010 Hangover Prabhat Roy
2011 Paapi IPS Jyoti Swapan Saha
2011 Mone Pore Ajo Sei Din Sunaina Ajay Singh & Sudipto Ghatak
2012 Awara Poulomi Rabi Kinagi
2012 Shooter Meghna Provas & Arijit
2014 Bindaas Kajol Rajiv Kumar Biswas
2015 Herogiri Dr. Nandini Rabi Kinagi
2016 Power Anjali Rajiv Kumar Biswas
2016 Kelor Kirti Priya Raja Chanda
2016 Abhimaan Srijoni Raj Chakraborty
2016 Byomkesh Pawrbo Gulab Bai Arindam Sil
2017 Ami Je Ke Tomar Prachi Rabi Kinagi
2018 Uma Menoka Srijit Mukherjee
2018 Naqaab Anuradha Rajiv Kumar Biswas
2018 Bagh Bandi Khela Deboshree Haranath Chakraborty, Sujit Mondal, Raja Chanda
2019 Shesh Theke Shuru Madhubala Raj Chakraborty
Sayantika Banerjee Awards
The actress has won several awards for her performance in the movies. Here are few:
- 2012- Won Bengal Youth Awards under category of “Best Romantic Jodi with Joy” for movie Mone Pore Ajo Sei Din.
- 2013- Won Bengal Youth Awards under category of “Popular Youth Star (Female)” for movie Awara.
- 2018- Won Bengal Youth Awards under category of “Best Actress” for movie Ami Je Ke Tomar.
View this post on Instagram
#Throw🔙 Found this in my phone gallery!! 💓❤️ This is one of the famous avatars of my icon, the evergreen @madhuridixitnene from #HumApkeHaiKaun !! 💓😍💞👰 . . . #SareeLove #IndianWear #Traditional #Icon #MadhuriDixit #throwback #SocialDistance #HomeQuarantine #StayHomeStaySafe