Name- Penelope Cruz
Date of Birth- 28 April 1974
Age- 44 years(as in 2018)
Mother- Encarna Sánchez
Father- Eduardo Cruz
Siblings- Monica Cruz, Salma Cruz Moreno, and Eduardo Cruz
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Javier Bardem (m. 2010)
Son- Leo Encinas Cruz
Daughter- Luna Encinas Cruz
Height- 5’7 approx.
Weight- 62kg approx.
Net Worth- $56 million approx.
Penelope Cruz (Penelope Cruz Sanchez) is a charming Spanish model and actress. She achieved success early and established herself as an International star. Cruz is known for her beauty and portrayal of passionate characters. Born on 28 April 1974 in Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain, she did her schooling from Cristina Rota’s New York School. She studied classical ballet for nine years at Spain’s National Conservatory under a series of prominent dance trainers.
She was also ranked #23 on the ‘102 Sexiest Women in the World’, ‘Esquire magazine’s Sexiest Woman Alive in 2014’, ‘ Academy Award’, ‘2,436th Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame’, ‘Acting Oscar’, two ‘Oscar-winning Best Foreign Language Films’ and is also known for her film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)’.
Facts About Penelope Cruz
- Penelope can speak four languages Spanish, English, French and Italian.
- She is the second Spanish actor to win an Oscar award. Before her, it was her husband Javier Bardem who won this award.
- She is the first actress who gets star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame and also the first Spanish actress who won an Academy Award.
- The actress likes to spend time on the beach lying on the sand under the sun.
- Cruz like to cut people’s hair. She says, “ I’ll do for everyone who lets me, like Salma Hayek, who is one of my best friends”.
- Penelope hosted the Spanish TV channel Telecinco’s teen talk show La Quinta Marcha between 1990 and 1997.
- In 2011 a survey was conducted by two plastic surgeons among their patients to build up the picture of perfect women. So out of all the Hollywood celebrity, it was Penelope Cruz who was voted as the body most people want to have.
- Penelope doesn’t like to speak about her private life. In British talk show, she said,” She is allergic to people talking about her private life”.
- Her parents named her after the song “Penelope” by Joan Manual Serrat.
- Pharrell Williams is her favorite musician.
- Salma Hayek and Goya Toledo are her Best Friends.
- She appeared with Johnny Depp in 2011 in the Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Tie Me Down! Tie Me Up is her Favorite movie. The movie inspired her to take up acting professionally..
- After the movie “All The Pretty Horses”, she turned vegetarian. The actress is an animal lover.
Penelope Cruz Family
The actress Penelope was born in Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain to Encarna Sánchez and Eduardo Cruz. Her father worked as a car mechanic and mother was a hairdresser. Cruz is eldest of her three siblings. She has two siblings Monica and Eduardo Cruz and also has a paternal half-sister, Salma. She has spent most of her childhood at her grandparent’s home. As a child, she amused her family and friends by re-enacting television Ad commercials.
She married her Vicky Christina Barcelona co-star, Spanish actor Javier Bardem in 2011. They have started dating in 2007. The couple welcomed their first child in January 2011, a son named Leo Encinas Cruz. In 2013 July, Cruz gave birth to a daughter named Luna Encinas Cruz.
Penelope Cruz Boyfriends
Before marrying Javier Bardem, the actress have dated these:
Penelope Cruz Movies
The actress had a struggling life to make her as a well-established actor. She continued doing hard work to bag herself a role. In 1989, she auditioned at a talent agency where more than 300 girls were eyeing for the role. But she came out victorious impressing the judges with her fresh and great talent. Cruz made her acting debut at the age of 16 on a TV show. She made her big screen debut in 1992, with the feature film Jamon Jamon. She played the role of female protagonist. Here is a list of her movies;
|1993||For Love, Only for Love|
|1993||The Greek Labyrinth|
|1994||Alegre ma non troppo|
|1994||Todo es mentira|
|1995||El efecto mariposa|
|1996||Más que amor, frenesí|
|1997||Love Can Seriously Damage Your Health|
|1997||Open Your Eyes|
|1997||Et horne af paradis|
|1998||The Girl of Your Dreams|
|1998||Talk of Angels|
|1998||The Hi-Lo Country|
|1999||All About My Mother|
|1999||The Man with Rain in His Shoes|
|2000||All the Pretty Horses|
|2000||Woman on Top|
|2001||Don't Tempt Me|
|2001||Captain Corelli's Mandolin|
|2002||Waking Up in Reno|
|2003||Fanfan la Tulipe|
|2004||Head in the Clouds|
|2007||The Good Night|
|2008||Vicky Cristina Barcelona|
|2010||Sex and the City 2|
|2011||Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides|
|2012||To Rome with Love|
|2013||I'm So Excited!|
|2016||The Queen of Spain|
|2017||Murder on the Orient Express|
Penelope Cruz is one of the actors who does an enormous amount of Charity. She has volunteered worldwide countries including Nepal, Uganda, and India. She spent a week working with Mother Teresa Foundation that includes assisting in a leprosy clinic. That trip inspired her to start a foundation to support homeless girls and people suffering from tuberculosis in Kolkata.
The actress supports the charities like Greenpeace, ONE Campaign, PETA, UNICEF, Whatever it takes, Red Cross, The Art of Elysium, Global for Green and more. She supports the causes of HIV/AIDS, Human Trafficking, Slavery, Disaster Relief, Cancer, Children, Abuse, Addiction, Health, Environment, Water, Women or more.
- There was a rumor that the actress has donated her entire salary from “The Hi-Lo Country” to “Mother Teresa” foundation after spending a week volunteering there in Kolkata. This news was denied by the actress herself in an interview mentioning the news is completely fake and totally a rumor, not controversy.