Name- Karan Mehra
Date of Birth- 10 September 1982
Age- 36 years(as in 2018)
Mother- Not Known
Father- Ajay Mehra
Sister- Not Known
Brother- Kunal Mehra
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Nisha Rawal
Son- Kavish Mehra
Height- 5’8 approx.
Weight- 67kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Karan Mehra is an Indian model and television actor. He is primarily known for his role in small screen industry. Born on 10 September 1982 in Jalandhar, Punjab, he did his schooling from Apeejay School, Noida. The actor rose to fame for playing the role of Naitik Singhania in Star Plus’s popular daily soap “ Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai”. He has done numerous ads for various banks and institutions in his early days of acting career. The actor has a huge fan following for his good acting skills, charming personality and strong screen presence.
Facts About Karan Mehra
- Hastey Hastey is his Favorite Bollywood Film.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is his Favorite Cricketer Sportsperson.
- Dancing and Acting are his Hobbies.
- Black is his Favorite Color.
- Goa and London are his Favorite Destinations.
- He has learned acting from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai, India.
- Apart from being a great actor, the actor is also a fashion designer. He learned fashion designing from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi, India.
- He worked as an assistant for big Bollywood directors like Rajkumar Hirani and Ram Gopal Verma in 4 films.
- The actor made his first appearance in the film Love Story 2050 in the year 2008.
- After stepping into the world of acting, he started doing modelling and worked in various TV advertisements.
- In the year 2009, his destiny has changed because he got the lead of Naitik Singhania in Star Plus’s popular television show “ Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai”.
- The show features stars like Mohsin Khan, Shivangi Joshi, Parul Chauhan and many more.
- Apart from acting, he loves dancing as well. In the year 2012, he participated in a dance reality show along with his beautiful wife Nisha Rawal.
- In the year 2016, he participated in one of the most controversial and popular show “Bigg Boss Season 10”. The show is hosted by Bollywood’s superstar Salman Khan.
- His co-stars Hina Khan and Rohan Mehra have also participated in the reality show Bigg Boss.
Karan Mehra Family
The actor was born in Jalandhar, Punjab. He grew up in Noida and completed his schooling from Apeejay School. His Father name is Ajay Mehra. He is a known businessman. His mother name is not known and she is a regular homemaker. He has one brother named Kunal Mehra. The actor lives in Mumbai and is very close with his family. His family has always supported him in every decision related to his career. It is due to his family and wife’s support that the actor is able to make is name in the industry.
Karan Mehra Wife/ Girlfirend
The charming actor Karan is married to actress Nisha Rawal. They first met on the sets of the actress’ movie Hastey Hastey (2008). Karan, being a fashion graduate was appointed as the stylist for the entire cast of the film. Karan fell in Love at first sight with Nisha Rawal, though for Nisha it took a while to fall in love with him. As the shooting begins, they became good friends and after few time their friendship blossomed into love.
After dating for almost a long period of time, On 24 November 2012, his dream was finally fulfilled as he got married to Nisha in the presence of his close friends and family. The marriage took place in Noida at Karan’s parents’ residence in a five-day long celebration. In the year 2017, the couple became proud parents of a baby boy named Kavish Mehra.
Karan Mehra Career/ Television shows
After completing his fashion designing course, Karan worked as a designer for four years in Noida. After that, he shifted to Mumbai and assisted directors like Rajkumar Hirani and Ram Gopal Verma in four films. In the year 2008, he made his first appearance in the movie “Love Story 2050”. But his career turning point was in the year 2009, when he got to play the lead role in Star Plus’s popular show “ Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai”. The show gave him lots of fame. After quitting the show, the actor participated in many reality shows. Here is the list of shows the actor has been part of:
Year Television Shows
2009–2016 Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
2010 Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai
2012 Nach Baliye 5
2013 Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati
2016–17 Bigg Boss 10
2017 Khatmal E Ishq
We wish Karan Mehra all the very best for his future projects.