Name- Mimi Chakraborty
Date of Birth- 11 February 1989
Age- 31 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Tapashi Chakraborty
Father- Arun Chakraborty
Sister– Soumya Chakraborty
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’7 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- $3 million approx.
Mimi Chakraborty Biography
Mimi Chakraborty is an Indian actress and Politician. She is primarily known for her work in Bengali industry. Born on 11 February 1989, she did her schooling from Holy Child School in Japlaihuri and later from St. James’ School in Binnaguri. She completed her graduation in Bachelor of Arts from Ashutosh College in Kolkata. The actress rose to fame after she made her debut with movie Bapi Bari Jaa as “Dola”. The movie was a big hit and she even won several awards for her performance. She got immense popularity and fame on the work front and became one of the popular actresses of the Bengali industry. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her looks, acting skills and other talents.
Facts About Mimi Chakraborty
- Shahrukh Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Rani Mukherjee and Kajol are her Favorite Actresses.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Sourav Ganguly is her Favorite Cricketer.
- Lata Mangeshkar and Shakira are her Favorite Singers.
- Red, Black and Yellow are her Favorite Colors.
- Mishti Doi, Cupcake and Pastry are her Favorite Food.
- Dancing, Travelling and Shopping are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She started her career as a model and participated in beauty content Femina Miss India.
- Post that, she made her acting debut with television show Champion in 2008 that was aired on channel Akash Bangla.
- Her career’s turning point came after she made her film debut with Bengali movie Bapi Bari Jaa in 2012. The movie worked well at the box office and she won several awards for her role in the same.
- There is no looking back for her since then and she has worked in many movies including Bojhena Shey Bojhena, Golpo Holeo Shotti, Yoddha: The Warrior, Shudhu Tomari Jonyo, Crisscross, etc.
- In 2016, she was listed in most desirable woman in the Calcutta Times list of Most Desirable Women.
- Also, she has been part of FFACE in various ways which is one of India’s prominent fashion and talent management brands.
- She is an avid pet lover and owns 2 cute dogs with whom she shares adorable pictures on her Instagram account.
- Other than actor, she is also a politician and won the elections from West Bengal’s jadavpur constituency.
Mimi Chakraborty Family
She was born in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India into a middle class Bengali Brahmin family. Her father name is Arun Chakraborty and mother name is Tapashi Chakraborty. She has a sister named Soumya Chakraborty. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the Bengali industry.
Mimi Chakraborty Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and focusing on her career. However earlier, she has been linked with few industry people. In 2016, she was dating director Raj Chakraborty. But after a while they broke up after rumors of Mimi’s seeing some younger actor broke the internet. It was none other than Melih Kizilkaya. She met him in Turkey during the shoot of movie Sudhu Tomari Jonnyo. If reports are to be believed then she fell in love with Melih which led her to end her relationship with Raj. Though they still respect each other and have never said anything wrong about each other even after their relationship ended on a bad note.
Mimi Chakraborty Career/ Movies
Always aspired to become an actress, she started her career in industry as a model by participating in beauty contest Femina Miss India. In 2008, she made her acting debut with television show Champion and then did another show named “Gaaner Oparey” in 2010 where she did the role of Pupe. The show was popular and she got instant recognition. Following this, she got the opportunity to make her film debut with movie “Bapi Bari Jaa” as Dola. The movie was big hit at the box office and her performance was loved by the audience. She even won several awards for her performance in the movie. Post that, she did many movies and became the household name. There is no looking back for her since she made her big screen debut and has achieved a lot in her career. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Director 2012 Bapi Bari Jaa Dola Sudeshna Roy, Abhijit Guha 2012 Bojhena Shey Bojhena Riya Raj Chakraborty 2013 Proloy Durga Raj Chakraborty 2014 Bangali Babu English Mem Riya Rabi Kinagi 2014 Golpo Holeo Shotti Anu Birsa Dasgupta 2014 Yoddha: The Warrior Rajkumari Durga / Nandini Raj Chakraborty 2014 Khaad Punam Kaushik Ganguly 2015 Jamai 420 Tina Rabi Kinagi 2015 Katmundu Rai Raj Chakraborty 2015 Shudhu Tomari Jonyo Koli Birsa Dasgupta 2016 Ki Kore Toke Bolbo Anjali Rabi Kinagi 2016 Kelor Kirti Rima Raja Chanda 2016 Gangster Ruhi Birsa Dasgupta 2017 Posto Sushmita Nandita Roy, Shiboprosad Mukherjee 2017 Amar Aponjon Mou Raja Chanda 2017 Dhananjoy Kavya Sinha Arindam Sil 2018 Total Dadagiri Jonaki Pathikrit Basu 2018 Uma Herself Srijit Mukherji 2018 Crisscross Ira Birsa Dasgupta 2018 Villain Ria Baba Yadav 2019 Mon Jaane Na Pari Banu Shagufta Rafique 2020 Khela Jokhon Urmi Arindam Sil Dracula Sir TBA Debaloy Bhattacharya Baazi TBA Angshuman Pratyush
Mimi Chakraborty Political Career
In the year 2019, she joined politics in Indian general election as a Trinamool Congress candidate along with actress Nusrat Jahan. She became Member of Parliament in 17th Lok Sabha from Jadavpur Loksabha Constituency.
Mimi Chakraborty Controversies
The actress has made headlines in the news for few of her controversies. Have a look at some popular ones:
- In 2019, she made headlines after posting pictures of her posing in front of Parliament wearing western dress. This doesn’t set well with few people and they lashed out at her and reminded her that Parliament is just not another film set where she can pose.
- In the same year, she found herself in another controversy after she posted a picture of herself on her social media account in which she was wearing “Hijab” and wished people for Ramadan. Eventually, she was badly slammed by some people for hurting religious sentiments of people and they considered it as her “Cheap publicity stunt” just to make news and gain votes.
- Once she landed into a controversy after a picture of her went viral on social media in which she was seen wearing gloves while shaking hands with commoners. Post this incident, she faced hatred from some parties who said it is an insult to voters. But the actress defended herself by saying that she suffered from nail scratches and burns due to which she worn the gloves.
- She is one of the popular actresses of the Bengali cinema and can’t stay out of news for long time. In the year 2018, she was bashed for wearing shorts and tee during Ganesh Chaturthi. Lots of people found this inappropriate for a religious festival and slammed her for the same.
Mimi Chakraborty Awards
She has won several awards for her performance in the movies. Here are few awards won by her:
- 2011- Won Telesomman under category of “Telekonya” for serial Gaaner Opaarey.
- 2013- Won Bangla Rising Star Awards under category of “Rising Star” for movie Bapi Bari Ja.
- 2013- Won 71st Annual BFJA Awards under category of “Best Promising Actress” for movie Bapi Bari Ja.
- 2016- Won Kolkata Desirable Actor Awards.
- 2017- Won Star Jalsha Parivar Awards under category of “Best Romantic Jodi” for movie Ki Kore Toke Bolbo.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram