Name- Ritu Varma
Date of Birth- 10 March 1990
Age- 30 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Sangeeta Varma
Father- Dilip Kumar Varma
Sister– Megha Varma
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 56kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Ritu Varma Biography
Ritu Varma is an Indian actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Telugu and Tamil cinema. Born on 10 March 1990, she did her schooling from Villa Marie College for Women in Hyderabad. She completed her graduation in Engineering from Malla Reddy Engineering College. The actress rose to fame after she appeared in short movie “Anukokunda”. But she got overnight fame after she did Telugu movie “Pelli Choopulu”. The movie was a big hit and she even won Nandi Award for Best Actress for her performance. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Ritu Varma
- Shahrukh Khan, Pawan Kalyan, Dulquer Salmaan, and Ranveer Singh are her Favorite Actors.
- Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit are her Favorite Actresses.
- Queen and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge are her Favorite Bollywood movies.
- Italian is her Favorite Food.
- Red, Yellow and Black are her Favorite Colors.
- Thailand, Paris and Switzerland are her Favorite Destinations.
- Painting, Travelling and Reading are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Niharika Konidela and Lavanya Tripathi are her good friends from the industry.
- After completing her graduation, she participated in beauty pageant “Miss Hyderabad Beauty pageant and came out as the first runner up.
- Always aspired to become an actress, she initially rose to fame with her performance in short movie “Anukokunda”. The short film won “Best Film Award” in 2012 at 48HR Film Project competition.
- Later in 2013, the movie was screened at Cannes Film Corner as well.
- After her amazing performance in the short movie, she was signed up to play the main lead in Telugu movie “Prem Ishq Kaadhal”.
- She became overnight star after she did movie “Pelli Choopulu” where she played the role of Chitra in 2016.
- The movie went to become a commercial hit at the box office and she won won awards like Nandi Award and Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress – South for her performance in the movie.
- Apart from acting, she is also a social media influencer who has been associated with many popular brands.
Ritu Varma Family
She was born in Hyderabad into a middle class Hindu family. Her father name is Dilip Kumar Varma and mother name is Sangeeta Varma. She has a sister named Megha Varma. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the popular actresses of South Indian cinema.
Ritu Varma Husband/ Boyfriend
She is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, she is focusing entirely on her career and her work. Despite being one of the most popular actresses of the South industry, there is no buzz of her dating anyone. She has lots of male friends but none of them are her love interest.
Ritu Varma Career/ Movies
After completing her studies, she participated in Miss Hyderabad Beauty Pageant and came out as first runner up. Later, she did short movie Anukokunda and rose to fame for her performance. The movie even won the Best Film Award at 48HR Film Project competition in 2012. After her amazing performance in Anukokunda, she was approached to play the main lead in movie “Prem Ishq Kaadhal” making her debut on the big screen. However, she became the overnight star after she did movie Pelli Choopulu in 2016. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has achieved a lot in her career. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Language 2013 Baadshah Pinky Telugu 2013 Prema Ishq Kaadhal Sameera Telugu 2014 Naa Raakumarudu Bindu Telugu 2015 Yevade Subramanyam Riya Telugu 2016 Pelli Choopulu Chitra Telugu 2017 Keshava Sathyabama Telugu 2017 VIP 2 Anitha Telugu 2017 Velaiilla Pattadhari 2 Anitha Tamil 2019 Dhruva Natchathiram Anupama Tamil 2020 Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal Meera Tamil
Ritu Varma Awards
The actress has won few awards for her performances in the movies. Here are few:
- 2017- Won Nandi Awards under category of “Nandi Award for Best Actress” for movie Pelli Choopulu.
- 2017- Won Filmfare Awards under category of “Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu” for movie Pelli Choopulu.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram