Name- Shraddha Kapoor
Date of Birth- 3 March 1987
Age- 34 years(as in 2021)
Mother- Shivangi Kolhapure
Father- Shakti Kapoor
Brother- Siddhant Kapoor
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’5 approx.
Net Worth- $16 Million appro
Shraddha Kapoor Biography
The actress who is known for her infectious smile, cute looks and impeccable acting skills. The one who have successfully carved a niche for herself in the industry. An actress who has more to her than what meets the eye. She is not only an amazing beautiful actress but also a trained singer and a brilliant dancer. She is a star kid who is known as Aashiqui Girl of Bollywood. None other than the gorgeous Shraddha Kapoor we are talking about in this article.
Here we’ve shared a detailed Shraddha Kapoor biography, her family details, love life, career details and so much more related information about her that her fans wants to know. So without any delay, let’s get started!
Who is Shraddha Kapoor?
Shraddha Kapoor is an Indian actress and singer who is predominantly known for her work in Bollywood industry. She is not only an amazing actress but also a trained singer in classical music. Her mother and grandmother are also classical singers and they’ve inspired her to learn more about singing. It is her dedication, hard work and passion for the acting that gave her a huge success in the Bollywood industry. Not many people know that she was a very bright student and have scored 95% in 12th class. Later, she went to Boston University to complete her graduation but dropped out of the college to pursue her dream of becoming an actress. And the rest is history. With movie Aashiqui 2, she successfully established a place for herself in the industry and made it to the list of top actresses of Bollywood.
Shraddha Kapoor Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharastra into a high class Hindu family. Her father name is Shakti Kapoor, a known actor of Bollywood industry and mother name is Shinvangi Kolhapure. She has a brother named Siddhant Kapoor, an actor and Director. Shraddha is half Punjabi and half Marathi as her father is Punjabi and mother is Marathi.
Also, she is great-niece of legendary singer Mangeshkar siblings, Lata, Asha, Usha and Hridaynath.
Shraddha Kapoor Boyfriend
She is rumored to be dating famous photographer Rohan Shrestha. The two are said to be keeping their relationship under the wraps. They usually are seen spending time with each other which gave light to their relationship rumors. As per the reports, the rumored couple is going to get married soon. Even their families have no issues of them dating and marrying. Rest is yet to confirmed as there is no official confirmation on the same from any of the two.
Earlier, she was linked with her co-star Aditya Roy Kapoor but the relationship went kaput after a while. Later, her named with linked with Farhan Akhtar but Shraddha’s family didn’t approve of her relationship with Farhan and so the couple ended their relationship after dating for few months.
Shraddha Kapoor Career
After dropping out from Boston University, she came back to Mumbai to pursue her dream of becoming an actress. In 2010, she made her acting debut with movie Teen Patti. But it was movie Aashiqui 2 that gave her immense limelight and popularity among the people. There is no looking back for her since then and she has given many hits at the box office including Ek Villain, Haider, Ok Jaanu, Half Girlfriend, ABCD 2, Baaghi, etc. In no time, she became one of the top actresses of Bollywood giving tough competition to actresses like Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt and Priyanka Chopra.
Other than acting, she also works as a philanthropist and have walked the ramp for many fashion designers. In fact, she have graced the cover page of popular magazine like Vogue, Verve, Cosmopolitan, etc. She has also been face of many brands like Lakme, Veet, Marico’s Hair & Care, Lipton, among many others.
In the year 2015, she started her own women’s collection named Imara in association with amazon.
She is popular and is known to be one of the most successful actresses of the Bollywood industry. In the year 2013, she was ranked at 5th position at a poll conducted by Indian edition of FHM in their list of world’s sexiest actresses. Later in 2014-15, she became the highest searched Indian actress worldwide. During the same time period, she even made it to the list of Most Desirable Women by Times of India.
Shraddha Kapoor Controversy
- During the ongoing investigations of mysterious death of Sushant Singh Rajput in 2020, Shraddha Kapoor’s name surface while NCB was doing the investigations of drug abuse in Bollywood. Her name was appeared in the chat and so she was called at NCB office.
Facts About Shraddha Kapoor
Have a look at some of the lesser known facts about beautiful Shraddha Kapoor:
- She is a beauty with brains. She scored whopping 95% in her senior secondary exams. In fact, her parents wanted her to opt academic field as she was an intelligent kid but she listened to her heart and decided to pursue her career in acting field.
- Do you know that she is crazy about tea and drinks at least 2 cups of tea everyday. Also, she loves Japanese food, cupcakes & chocolates.
- She is big fan of her father and can watch his movies again and again. The super hit movie “Andaz Apna Apna” is her favorite movie starring Shakti Kapoor, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan.
- Her mother & grandmother are classical singers. In fact, she has also took training in singing since childhood. The song “Galliyan” from movie Ek Villain marked her debut as a singer in the industry.
- She was required to master her dancing skills for her movie ABCD 2 as she had to match up to amazing dancers including Varun Dhawan. So to ace her dancing, she worked really hard and got her skills right. While practicing, she even injured herself during the shooting.
- The beautiful Shraddha is everyone’s favorite including the biggest brands of India and abroad. She has been brand ambassador of many big brands like Vaseline, Veet, Lipton, Lakme India, Titan Raga and lot more.
- During her childhood, she used to think her father had supernatural powers. It was because he would often return to home from shoots wearing his filmy attire.
- She is multi-talented. Other than being an amazing actress, she also can fluently speak in different accents. Once she revealed that she can talk like a pro in Russian and British accent.
- It was actor Salman Khan who offered her a movie after seeing her at a play in Boston University. At that time, she was only 16 years in age.
- In 2013, she won Filmfare Award for best actress for her career’s breakthrough role in movie Aashiqui 2.
- She is frightened of lightening.
- Her dedication and love for acting is not hidden from anything. For her love of acting, she even dropped out from Boston University.
- She has been part of many branded editions of magazines including Elle, FHM, Femina, Cine Blitz, Cosmopolitan, Adorn, Marie Claire, etc.
The stunner, the beautiful and the talented Shraddha Kapoor has a huge fan following from all over the world. Her fans love to throng theatres to watch her on big screen. She made everyone fall in love with her with the role of Aarohi in Aashiqui 2 and there is no looking back for her since then. We wish her all the very best.