Name- Chris Gayle
Date of Birth- 21 September 1979
Age- 41 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Hazel Gayle
Father- Dudley Gayle
Brother- Vanclive Parris and Wayne Gayle
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Natasha Berridge
Height- 6’3 approx.
Weight- 96kg approx.
Net Worth- US$35million approx.
Chris Gayle Biography
Christopher Henry Gayle a.k.a Chris Gayle is one of the talented batsman and the former captain of West Indies cricket team. He is popularly known as the most barbarous hitters of the cricket. He was born in Jamaica on 21 September 1979 and completed his education from his hometown. He started his cricket career with Lucas Cricket Club. At the age of 19, he made his first class debut playing for Jamaica. Right from the start of his career, he has made many records to his name on International level. Besides being a batsman he is also a handy bowler for his team who has taken over 200 international wickets. He is one of the most loved cricketer and greatest batsman in the world.
Favorite Things of Chris Gayle
- Amitabh Bachchan is his Favorite Bollywood Actor.
- Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif are his Favorite Bollywood Actresses.
- Rambo series is his Favorite Movie.
- Saltfish is his Favorite Food.
- Travelling and Dancing are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He loves tattoos and has inked many tattoos all over his body.
- His friends used to call him “Crampy” during his teen age because of his laziness.
- He owns “Triple Century Sports Bar” in Kingston, Jamaica.
- GL 63 AMG- Mercedes, Land Cruiser V8, Harley Davidson FXTSB Bad Boy are few of his cars that he owns.
- He likes to smoke and drink.
Facts About Chris Gayle
- Chris Gayle is one of the greatest player in the Cricket history who is known for hitting big sixes out of the ground.
- He started his cricket career with Lucas Cricket Club. Once he said in an Interview about Lucas that,
“If it was not for Lucas I don’t know where I would be today. Maybe on the streets”
- At the age of 19 he made his first-class debut for Jamaica in 1998/99. In the same year, he also made his List A debut as well.
- On 11th September 1999, he made his ODI debut against India. Then in 2000, he made test debut on 16th March against Zimbabwe and Twenty 20 debut on 16th February 2006.
- Initially, his International career didn’t go well as till year 2000, he could score only 1 century in his career and was named in the list of average players.
- Though in 2002, his fortune changed completely and he made 2,013 runs in International cricket including 4 centuries & 14 half centuries.
- His career has many ups and downs due to many reasons. One of the reason was his health. There was a time when he retired hurt due to his health issues and had to undergo operation as well.
- After recovering, he came back in cricket. Then in 2012, he became the first cricketer in the history of test who hit first ball for a six in the Test match.
- In his ODI career, he has scored over 10,151 runs at an average of 38.02 with 25 centuries and 51 fifties.
- In April 2008, he was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders in Indian Premium League but later he played for Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Till now, he has been associated and represented many teams including WI, KKR, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Western Australia, Matabeleland Tuskers, Worcestershire, ICC World XI, and few more.
- He loves partying hard and likes to cherish his every moment. Not only off the ground, he even celebrates his victory on the ground.
- His fans can never forget his famed Gangnam dance.
- He shares good bond with Indian Captain Virat Kohli.
- Most importantly he is the first batsman to score double century in World Cup and highest scorer of 175 in a T20match.
- Gayle is also the leading run scorer in ICC champion’s trophy.
- He is the only cricketer in the world to score century across all formats of the game.
- He published his autobiography named “Six Machine” on 2nd June 2016.
- Gayle loves partying hard and is referred to as “Party Boy” sometimes by his friends.
Chris Gayle Family
He was born in Kingston, Jamaica into a poor class Christian family. His father name is Dudley Gayle who worked as a policemen and mother name is Hazel Gayle, she used to sell peanuts and snacks. He has two 5 siblings including Vanclive Parris and Wayne Gayle. He shares close bond with his family and often shares amazing pictures with them on his Instagram account. With his hard work and passion for cricket, he has made his family proud on the International level.
Chris Gayle Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his longtime girlfriend Natasha Berridge. She is a fashion designer by profession. After dating for long period of time, they both got married on 31 st May 2009. The couple is madly in love with each other and often shares picture on their Instagram account. They have a daughter whose name is Blush.
Chris Gayle Career
He started his career playing cricket as a kid at Lucas Cricket Club. Later he played for young teams in Jamaica before making his International debut for his country. He didn’t have to fight hard to get placed into West Indies team as he made his International debut after 11 months of making his First class debut for Jamaica. At the age of 19 years, he made his International debut and the world has seen him growing in his career since then.
Chris Gayle International Debut
He made his International debut as follows:
- Test- On 16 March 2000 against Zimbabwe
- ODI- On 11 September 1999 against India
- T20I- On 16 February 2006 against New Zealand
Records of Chris Gayle
Following are the records made by the star cricketer. Have a look:
- First player to hit a six off the first ball of a test match.
- He is 2nd west Indies player who has scored two hundreds and more than 10,000 in his T20 International.
- The first batsman to score double century in World cup.
- One of his biggest records was 37 runs in an over.
- Gayle is named as first batsman to score a century in all three formats of the game on international level.
- He also holds a joint record along with Yuvraj Singh for hitting the fastest T20 half century in 12 balls.
- Chris has also hitted six fours in an over in a test match.
- He is the fourth West Indies player to carry his bat in a test inning.
- Has hit most number of 6s in International cricket.
- Played most number of World cup matches for West Indies.
- Most capped player for West Indies.
- Highest run getter for West Indies in T20I and ODI.
- First player to score more than 20 centuries in domestic T20 cricket.
Chris Gayle Awards
Following are the awards and achievements won by Chris Gayle:
- 2006- Man of the Tournament in ICC Champions Trophy
- 2010- Jamaican Sportsman of the Year
- 2011- Orange Cap in IPL
- 2011- Maximum sixes award
- 2012- Orange Cap in IPL
- 2012- Maximum sixes award in IPL
- 2013- Maximum sixes award in IPL
- 2015- Maximum sixes award in IPL
Shine To Glory
In 2002, Gayle became the third west Indian to score over 1000 runs in a year and grabbed everyone’s attention on him. One of his biggest achievement is as a west Indies player, he holds the records for most number of centuries in ODIs. Also, he has the record of smashing the most number of maximums in T20I. His career biggest turning point was after he became the first batsman to hit a triple century in test cricket. Since then there is no looking back for him.
Chris Gayle Controversies
Following are the controversies of Chris Gayle. Have a look:
- Gayle was involved in a dispute over sponsorship issues. He along with six players was dropped for the first test against South Africa in 2005.
- He was involved in a heated argument with Michael Clarke in West Indie’s match against Australia in the Champions trophy 2006.
- He doesn’t have best relationship with West Indies Cricket Board and has been involved in few run-ins with the board throughout his career.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram