Name- Jasprit Bumrah
Date of Birth- 6 December 1993
Age- 27 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Daljit Kaur
Father- Late Jasbir Singh
Sister– Juhika Bumrah
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’9 approx.
Weight- 71kg approx.
Net Worth- US$ 4.5million approx.
Salary- Retainer Fee- INR 7 Crore Approx.
Test- INR 16 Lakhs Approx.
ODI- INR 7 Lakhs Approx.
T20- INR 4 Lakhs Approx.
Jasprit Bumrah Biography
Jasprit Bumrah is an Indian International Cricketer. He is primarily known as right-arm fast-medium pacer popular for his peculiar bowling action. Born on 6 December 1993, he did his schooling from Nirman High School in Ahmedabad, India. He grabbed all the attention right away with his unique bowling style in his debut match against Vidarbha in 2013. India had a poor record in death overs but Bumrah have improved the Indian bowling standards to a whole new level. He has always been very consistence in his performance which has led team India win so many matches globally. Bumrah has made many bowling records in his career and is continue to get better every passing day. Owing to his talents, he has garnered millions of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely.
Favorite Things of Jasprit Bumrah
- Amitabh Bachchan is his Favorite Actor.
- Sachin Tendulkar, AB de Villiers and Virender Sehwag are his Favorite Batsmen.
- Lasith Malinga, Colin Croft and Zaheer Khan are his Favorite Bolwers.
- Dhokla is his Favorite Food.
- Travelling, Gymming and Listening to music are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He likes to play against team Australia and Pakistan.
- Kishore Tiwari was his First Cricket Coach.
Facts About Jasprit Bumrah
- He was 14 years old when he decided to play professional cricket. Initially, he wanted to settle in Canada but later he realized his passion for the game and worked very hard to improve it.
- He started his cricket career playing for Gujarat and played his first game in 2013-14 season against Vidarbha. With his unique bowling technique, he picked 7 wickets in his debut match.
- It was John Wright, former Mumbai Indians Coach who noticed the spark in Bumrah. He was impressed by him after he saw him during the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- Following his exceptional performance in domestic cricket, he was offered to play in IPL for team Mumbai Indians in 2013. The young lad impressed everyone right after his first match and got Indian captain Virat Kohli out in his very first over. In that match, he picked 3 wickets against team RCB impressing Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma and John Wright.
- Even though he knew various bowling techniques like bouncers, Yorker, etc. but he was quite immature in using his abilities. However, he learned to utilize all his skills from Sri Lanka’s bowler Lasith Malinga. His guidance helped him develop as a potential bowler.
- Owing to his decent performance for Mumbai Indians, he was bought again by the team for a whopping amount of Rs.1.2 crores in next season. The franchise then decided to have him for upcoming seasons of IPL as well. During 2020 IPL season, he was retained in the team along with Rohit Sharma and Hardik Pandya.
- His ability to bowl Yorkers in the matches got him a place in the International Indian team. And in 2016, he made his T20I debut against team Australia. He was picked in the team in absence of Shami and played a vital role in India sweeping the series with 3-0.
- Impressed with his bowling skills, former Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said him best find of the tour. Within no time, he cemented his place in the team and became death over specialist of team India.
- Australian player Glenn McGrath praised him for his bowling skills and asked Bumrah to not change his action. It has always been hard for every batsmen around the world to read Bumrah’s bowling style.
- The star cricketer who made his debut in 2016 became the bowler who took most number of wickets in T20I in just 7 months. He surpassed Dirk Nannes record of picking up 28 wickets.
- In November 2017, he made his test debut against team South Africa and got the wicket of AB de Villiers for India.
- He has been phenomenal with the ball in all three formats of cricket and has helped team India in winning many matches single handedly.
Jasprit Bumrah Family
He was born in Ahmedabad, Gujarat into a middle class Sikh family. His father name is Late Jasbir Singh and mother name is Daljit Kaur. His father was into chemical business and mother was a former School Principal. He has a sister named Juhika Bumrah. He was only 7 years old when he lost his father and was raised up by his mother singlehandedly. With his hard work and passion for cricket, he has made his mother proud by being one of the known cricketers worldwide.
Jasprit Bumrah Girlfriend/ Wife
He is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, he is focusing entirely on his cricket career. Despite being one of the known star cricketer of Indian team, there is no buzz of him dating anyone. He has lots of female friends but none of them are his love interest. However, if reports are to be believed then he was rumored to be dating actress Rashi Khanna. Though later, this turned out to be rumor and then he was linked with another south actress Anupama Parameshwaran.
Jasprit Bumrah Career
He made his debut playing for Gujarat against Vidarbha during 2013-14 season. In the match, he picked 7 wickets and ended the tournament as side’s leading wicket taker. Later, he made his T20 debut against Maharashtra in 2013-14 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and helped his team win the finale. After seeing his performance in Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy, he was bought in IPL by Mumbai Indians. He instantly gained the limelight and later after his impressive performance, he was retained by the Mumbai franchise for subsequent years but for higher price. In 2017, he was named in the IPL XI of the tournament by Cricbuzz.
Jasprit Bumrah International Debut
After his consistence performance in the domestic cricket, he managed to get into India’s International team. And in no time, he cemented his place in the team impressing everyone with his unique bowling skills. He made his International debut as:
- Test- In November 2017 against South Africa
- ODI- On 23 January 2016 against Australia in Sydney
- T20I- On 26 January 2016 against Australia in Adelaide
Jasprit Bumrah Shine to Glory
His career’s turning point came after he picked 7 wickets in debut match against Vidarbha in 2013-14 season. Owing to his good performances, he got the opportunity to play in IPL for Mumbai Indians where he played very well impressing cricketers like Rohit Sharma and Sachin Tendulkar. Post that, he got the chance to get into Indian team for match against Australia in 2016. Since then there is no looking back for him and the world has seen him growing in his career.
Jasprit Bumrah Records/ Awards
The cricketer has made many records along with winning awards in his career. Few of them are as:
- Most wicket taken by any fast bowler in ODI series of 5 & fewer.
- Became 2nd fastest Indian who picked 100 ODI wickets.
- He is the 3rd Indian to get hat trick in Tests.
- In 2017, he was named in IPL XI of the tournament by Cricbuzz.
- Named in World Test/ ODI team by ICC in 2018
Jasprit Bumrah IPL
He made his IPL debut at the age of 19 years only for Mumbai Indians. He played his first match in IPL against RCB and ended the match with picking up 3 wickets. Right after his debut, he gained immense popularity and thus retained by the franchise in the upcoming seasons of IPL for the Mumbai Indians team but for higher price.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram