Name- Shakib Al Hasan
Date of Birth- 24 March 1987
Age- 33 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Shirin Reza
Father- Khondoker Masroor Reza
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Umme Ahmad Shishir
Daughter- Alayna Hasan Aubrey and 1 more
Height- 5’7 approx.
Net Worth- $36 million approx.
Shakib Al Hasan Biography
Shakib Al Hasan is a Bangladeshi international cricketer who has played in all the formats of the team. He is primarily known as a left-handed batsmen and left-arm spin bowler who has made some pretty good records for his team. Born on 24 March 1987, he did his schooling from Bangladesh Krira Shiksha Pratisthan. He completed his graduation in BBA from American International University in Bangladesh. Shakib, without a doubt is one of the biggest name to have emerged from Bangladesh. He has played vital role in his team to make them win most of the times. Eventually, he rose to fame when he played cricket for several villages near his hometown of Magura. With his dedication, passion and skills for playing cricket, he earned a place for himself in the International team. In the year 2019, he became No.1 all rounder cricketer in all the formats. He has millions of followers in his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely for his skills and love for cricket.
Favorite Things of Shakib Al Hasan
- Riaz and Shahrukh Khan are his Favorite Actors.
- Titanic and Avatar are his Favorite Movies.
- Luchi and Dosa are his Favorite Food.
- Maldives and England are his Favorite Destinations.
- Green and Black are his Favorite Colors.
- Playing Football, Golf and Travelling are his Favorite Hobbies.
Facts About Shakib Al Hasan
- He started playing cricket at an early age and domestically represented Khulna since 2004 and have spent several months playing for Worcestershire in England, becoming the first Bangladeshi player to represent an English county cricket team.
- He is one of the best all-rounders to play all formats of the game and arguably the best player Bangladesh has produced so far.
- Ever since he made his debut in cricket years back in 2006, he truly became the face of Bangladesh team. He had the potential to turn the game on its head especially on the big occasions.
- After making his ODI debut on 6 August 2006 against Zimbabwe, he made his test debut the following 6th May against team India.
- Possessing bundle of talents, he was ranked 1st amongst ODI all-rounders by the ICC from 2009 to 2011. And by 2014, he became world’s top ranked Twenty 20 all-rounder.
- He is one of the cricketers who seemingly had it all. With so many qualities including leadership, he was an easy and best choice for captaincy and was made captain of the team by Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).
- In July 2014, he was banned from the cricket for long six months for “severe attitude problem” by the Bangladesh Cricket Board.
- Under his captaincy, the 2016 Asia Cup was very fruitful for his team as they successfully won 3 of their four matches to meet team India in the finale.
- Other than International cricket, he has been part of IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders since 2011 and has even won IPL two times in 2012 and 2014.
- He is one of 3 players who have scored a century in a Test match along with picking up 10 wickets. Shakib has won so many accolades, recognition, achievements and have established himself as a national icon with his passion and dedication for cricket.
- He has been associated with many teams including Bangladesh, Adelaide Strikers, Bangladesh A, Khulna Division, Kolkata Knight Riders, Karachi Kings and more.
- It has not been a secret that this all-rounder player loves Indian team bowling. In just 15 one day matches, he has scored 492 runs which is higher than any other side he has played against. Also, he has taken 17 wickets against the Indian team.
- Elite force, Runner Group, Pepsi, Boost, Norton, etc. are some of the popular brands endorsed by him at a very young age.
- He loves Football and is die-hard fan of FC Barcelona. In an interview he said, he would like to watch an El-Clasico at Nou Champ.
Shakib Al Hasan Family
He was born in Magura, Khulna, Bangladesh into a middle class Muslim family. His father name is Khondoker Masroor Reza and mother name is Shirin Reza. He has a one sibling. The star shares close bond with his family and often shares amazing pictures with them on his social media account. He has made his family proud by being one of the known, popular and talented cricketers of Bangladesh International cricket team.
Shakib Al Hasan Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his long-time girlfriend Umme Ahmad Shishir. She is an software engineer by profession. He met her during his stint with English Country Club in 2010 where he was the first cricketer to be playing for a country side. Eventually he met Umme, who was then pursuing higher studies in England. They met for couple of times and then started dating. After few years of courtship, they tied the knot in a private wedding ceremony on 12 December 2012. Three years later, they became proud parents of a daughter named Alayna Hasan Aubre. And on 12 May 2020, they became parents of another daughter. The couple is madly in love with each other and it can be seen through the pictures that they share on their respective Instagram account.
Shakib Al Hasan Career
Beyond a doubt, Shakib is one of the finest players of Bangladesh who has decorated his careers with various centuries, double centuries, half centuries, 5-10 wickets haul and so much more records in different forms of the game. In 2004, he started his professional cricket journey playing for Khulna in National Domestic League. Later he made his first class debut playing for BCB XI against team Zimbabwe in 2005. While playing first class cricket, he made 5777 runs including 8 centuries and 34 half centuries in just 92 matches, thus showing everyone his potential for playing cricket for the team. Also, he took 23 wickets.
Owing to his amazing performance in the domestic cricket, he got the opportunity to made his ODI debut in 2006 against team Zimbabwe. In the same year, he made his T20 debut against the same team, making his team win many matches. Since the day he made his debut to the day till he played cricket, he made amazing records and led his team win so many matches under his captaincy as well.
Shakib Al Hasan International Debut
He is a Bangladeshi player who is known for his all-rounder performance on the field. Have a look when he made his International debut in various formats of the matches:
- Test- On 19 May 2007 against team India in Chittagong.
- T20- On 6 August 2006 against team New Zealand in Harare.
- ODI- On 28 September against team Zimbabwe in Khulna.
Shakib Al Hasan Records and Achievements
Have a look at the journey of his achievements over the years:
- 2004- At the age of 17, he started playing for Khulna in National Domestic League.
- 2005- At the age of 18, he started playing First Class career.
- 2006- At the age of 19, he represented team Bangladesh in U19 world cup.
- 2009- At the age of 22, he was appointed as the vice captain for his team Bangladesh.
- 2009- At the age of 22, he was awarded “Wisden Player of the Year”.
- 2011- At the age of 24, he stepped down as being caption of his team.
- 2017- At the age of 30, he was reappointed as captain for team Bangladesh.
- 2019- At the age of 32, he became the no.1 all-rounder in all the formats of cricket.
Shakib Al Hassan Controversies
The star has made some headlines in the news for few controversies as well. Have a look at few of them:
- He was banned from all formats of cricket for long 6 months on 7 July 2014. The reason described by Bangladesh Cricket Board was his “severe attitude problem”. This happened after he went to play for CPL without even informing the board and getting “No Objection Certificate”. Though later his ban was reduced to 3 and half months.
- Once he made headlines in the news after having a dispute with coach Chandika Hathurusingha, which further led to the rumors that he was asked to retire from Test and ODI formats.
- Another controversy came in limelight after he abused on ground umpire for giving a wrong decision. But later it was found that decision of umpire Ranmore Martinesz was fine. He was then fined Taka 20,000 along with suspension for one match by the board.
- In November 2019, he was kept away from team in the series against team India on the call of ICC. Reportedly, he was banned because he did not report a corrupt approach to ICC. This happened around 2017 when he received a call from bookie and he didn’t report to the ICC which led them to take action against him.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram