Name- Kishwer Merchant
Date of Birth- 18 February 1981
Age- 39 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Rizwana Merchant
Father- Siraj Merchant
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Suyyash Rai
Height- 5’5 approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Kishwer Merchant Biography
Kishwer Merchant is an Indian actress. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 18 February 1981, she completed her education from her hometown in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The actress rose to fame for her acting in shows like Ek Hasina Thi, Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar, Brahmarakshas – Jaag Utha Shaitaan, Chhoti Bahu and Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. But eventually she became the household name after she participated in reality show Bigg Boss 9 as contestant. People loved her confidence and bold attitude in the show and in no time, she got immense popularity and fame on the work front. Talking about her social media status, she has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her acting skills and beauty.
Facts About Kishwer Merchant
- Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan are her Favorite Actors.
- Sridevi and Alia Bhatt are her Favorite Actresses.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Virat Kohli is her Favorite Cricketer.
- Paris, Goa, and Maldives are her Favorite Destinations.
- Travelling, Dancing, Partying and Shopping are her Favorite Hobbies.
- In 1997, she made her acting debut with television serial Shaktimaan where she played the role of Julia (Dr. Jackal’s Assistant).
- Post that, she did number of television shows including Babul Ki Duwayen Leti Jaa, Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand, Kutumb, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kayaamat, Hatim and Khichdi.
- In 2011, she made her Bollywood debut with movie Bheja Fry 2 as Spanta Patel.
- Though she got recognition for her work in serials likeEk Hasina Thi, Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar, Brahmarakshas – Jaag Utha Shaitaan, Chhoti Bahu and Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. These shows gave her recognition and she was appreciated for her work in these popular serials.
- In 2015, she participated in reality show Bigg Boss 9 as contestant. After getting evicted, she did ‘Box Cricket League 2’ in 2016.
- Owing to her hard work and dedication, she successfully managed to establish a place for herself in the industry among big TV celebrities.
- She hasn’t hired any manager despite being a known actress and manages her dates herself.
- In 2016, she married her long time boyfriend Suyyash Rai after dating for long 6 years in a lavish wedding ceremony.
- The Lehenga she wore on her wedding was gifted by her brother Prince Narula whom she met on the sets of Bigg Boss 9.
- Before dating Suyyash, she was in relationship with actor Hiten Paintal for around 3 years.
Kishwer Merchant Family
She was born in Mumbai, India into a middle class Ismaili family. Her father name is Siraj Merchant and mother name is Rizwana Merchant. She is the only child of her parents. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the television industry.
Kishwer Merchant Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to actor Suyyash Rai. They met each other on the sets of “Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahani” in 2011 where Suyyash came to make Vivian Dsena hear a song which he recorded on his phone. Kishwer heard it and was impressed, they exchanged numbers and talk to each other the same night till 7am next morning. Post that, he started to come on the sets daily to meet her and in no time they started dating, declaring their love to the world. However, once there came a phase in their relationship which received lots of flak because Suyyash was 7 years younger than her. Owing to the pressure they were getting, they once even put stop in their love but got back again after they couldn’t live apart.
They even participated in reality show Bigg Boss together as contestants where they fall even harder in love with each other. And finally after the show ended, they tied the knot in a lavish wedding anniversary in December 2016 and living a happy life together. The couple is madly in love with each other and it can be seen through the pictures that they share on their respective Instagram accounts. They give major Couple goals to their fans and loved by millions around the world for the chemistry and love they hold for each other.
Kishwer Merchant Career/ Television Shows
In 1997, she started her career with television serial Shaktimaan, in which she played Julia, an assistant. She then appeared in number of television shows like Babul Ki Duwayen Leti Jaa, Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand, Kutumb, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kayaamat, Hatim and Khichdi but didn’t get enough recognition for her work. Her career’s breakthrough came in 2012 where she was seen in 2 popular serials Amrit Manthan and Arjun which gave her limelight on the work front. Then came many shows along her way like Hongey Judaa Na Hum, Parvarrish, Ek Hasina Thi, Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan, etc. which gave her immense popularity. Her popularity grew so much that she got the chance to appear in reality show Bigg Boss 9 along with her boyfriend Suyyash Rai.
Though she was forced to quit the Ticket to Finale task in its last leg and walked out of the house involuntarily with Rs.15 lakhs. The show made her the household name and there is no looking back for her since then. She has achieved a lot in her career and has made everyone proud of her. Here is the list of television serials she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role 1997 Shaktimaan Julia (Dr. Jackal's Assistant) 1998–01 Hip Hip Hurray Nonie 1999 X Zone Episodic role 2000-01 Babul Ki Duwayen Leti Jaa Malvik 2001-02 Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand Sonam 2001-02 Kutumb Swati 2002 Dhadkan Dr. Aditi 2002-06 Piya Ka Ghar Malini 2003 Kayaamat Pooja Ahuja 2003-04 Hatim Rubina 2004 Khichdi Rambha 2004 Sarabhai vs Sarabhai Dr. Kiran 2004-06 Reth Dr. Daakshi 2004–05 Shiqwa Mehwish 2005 Rihaee Tanvi 2005 Instant Khichdi Rambha 2005-06 Kkavyanjali Vanshita Nanda 2006-07 Kaajjal Amisha Pratap Singh 2006-09 Kashmakash Zindagi Ki Mandira 2007-08 Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni Rama Chopra 2008-09 Miley Jab Hum Tum Tamanna "Tam Mam" 2009 C.I.D. Pari/Roshni/Herself 2009-10 Namak Haraam Priya Sehgal 2010-11 Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Haseena Raichand 2011 Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi Guest 2012 Chhoti Bahu Sonia Bhardwaj 2012 Har Yug Mein Aayega Ek - Arjun Senior Forensic Expert 2012–13 Amrit Manthan Mrs. Adhiraj SIngh 2012 Fear Files: Darr Ki Sacchi Tasvirein Malini (Witch) 2012–13 Best Friends Forever? Mandira Singh 2013 Hongey Judaa Na Hum Rama 2013 Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi Parminder 2013 SuperCops vs Supervillains Tarot Card Reader 2013–14 Hatim Zelna 2014 Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Ananya Kapoor 2014 Ek Hasina Thi Raima Maheshwari 2014–15 Box Cricket League 1 Contestant 2014 Akbar Birbal Urvashi 2014–18 Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Nyonika Malhotra 2014–15 Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar Dimpy Karan Kapoor 2015–16 Bigg Boss 9 Contestant 2016 Comedy Nights Bachao Guest 2016 Box Cricket League 2 Contestant 2016 Box Cricket League Punjab Contestant 2016 Desi Explorers Herself 2016 Brahmarakshas - Jaag Utha Shaitaan Aparajita 2017 BIG Memsaab Herelf 2017 Dhhai Kilo Prem Shilpa 2017 Savitri Devi College & Hospital Neeta Malhotra 2017 Gangaa Asha 2017 Chidiya Ghar Sheela Kejwani 2017-18 Partners Trouble Ho Gayi Double Aisha Nadkarni 2018 Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya Arpita Singh Rathore/Arpita Baisa 2018 Box Cricket League 3 Contestant 2018 Laal Ishq Daisy 2019 Box Cricket League 4 Contestant 2019-20 Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum Dr. Nishi Sippy
Kishwer Merchant Controversy
The actress has made headlines in the news for some of her controversies as follows:
- During her stay in Bigg Boss 9 house as contestant, she was once slammed by Salman Khan for spitting in Rishabh’s glass and instead of stopping her, the housemates supported her in this disgusting act. The actor got really angry on her for falling to such a low level during a task,
- In 2017, she got into online spat with model VJ Anusha. It all started after Kishwer posted a fun Instagram story with her friends Rahul Sharma and Gurneet Chadha. And anusha along with her friend VJ Gaelyn trolled the two for their fun English accent on her Instagram post. This doesn’t go well with Kishwer and she couldn’t refrain from taking a dig at Anusha. This is how all this fight started.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram