Name- Shaheen Bhatt
Date of Birth- 28 November 1988
Age- 32 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Soni Razdan
Father- Mahesh Bhatt
Sister– Alia Bhatt and Pooja Bhatt
Brother- Rahul Bhatt
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’2 approx.
Net Worth- $2 million approx.
Shaheen Bhatt Biography
Shaheen Bhatt is an Indian writer and director. She is daughter of Bollywood’s popular filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and actress Soni Razdan. Actress Alia Bhatt is her younger sister. Shaheen made headlines in the news after she opened up on about living with depression since age 13. She has garnered a loyal fan following over the years. She generally likes to stay away from media but she came forward in media to tell about her inspirational story of fighting with depression. It won’t be wrong to say that she has inspired many people around the world. Lets’ now move forward to read know about her in detail.
Shaheen Bhatt Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a high class family having strong holds in the Bollywood industry. Her father name is Mahesh Bhatt, one of the best filmmaker of Bollywood and mother name is Soni Razdan, an actress and director. She has a younger sister named Alia Bhatt, top actress of Bollywood. Also, she has a step-sister named Pooja Bhatt and step-brother named Rahul Bhatt.
Shaheen Bhatt Boyfriend
She is rumored to be dating comedian Rahul Joshi. According to sources, once she went to one of his events and was utterly mesmerized by his wit. They even went for a holiday trip in London where her sister Alia had also accompanied them. Also, her parents are comfortable with Shaheen and Rohan’s relationship and they consider him as a part of their family.
The couple has been quite public in their emotional attachment but do not post many stuffs like typical couples.
Shaheen Bhatt Career
She belongs from a well to do family who is popular and established. But being born in rich or powerful family doesn’t matter when it comes to having personal issues in life. Shaheen is a vivid aesthetic and a person who likes to stay calm and read books quietly in a quiet environment. But sadly, despite coming from so well established family, she suffered from depression since the age of 13. She has been low profile all her life and have made public appearances with her sister and family mostly.
Apparently she is an introvert who prefers being with her family only. Though she decided to open up about her battle with depression for 5 long years, and this is when she made headlines in the news. In 2018, she released a book titled “I’ve Never Been (Un) Happier”. In the book, she wrote about many incidents in detail describing about her emotions. The book was a hit and she came as an inspiration to many people living their life with depression.
Other than this, she made her professional debut as an assistant director in movie Raaz 3. Also, she has written some scenes for movie Jism 2 and Zeher. She was the co-writer of Sardaar. It is not hidden that she has a special love for poetry too. She keeps herself fit by doing Yoga regulary.
Some Lesser Known and Interesting Facts About Shaheen Bhatt
Have a look at some of the lesser know facts about her:
- She is Alia Bhatt’s elder sister. She came into limelight after she opened up about her struggle with depression and published a book related to it.
- Shaheen is author of a book titled “I’ve Never Been (Un) Happier” in which she has described about various incidents of her personal life when she was fighting with depression.
- Her book was published in the year 2018 and got lots of positive reviews from the readers.
- Not many people know this but she is also a filmmaker just like her father. She completed her film making course from London.
- She has been writing content long before she even published her book. In an interview to media, she said that she has written some scenes for movies like Jism 2 and Zeher.
- She is a multi-talented personality who is not just a writer, film editor but also an assistant director. Shaheen worked as an assistant director for movie Raaz 3.
- In an interview she revealed how she made her father quit alcohol. She said, “My father stopped drinking the day I was born. He lifted me in his arms and I turned away my face because of the smell of alcohol from his breath.” This rejection was too much for him and he decided to leave alcohol forever.
- During the launch of her book, her sister Alia broke down for not understanding her sister’s struggle with depression.
- She is a pet lover, especially cats.