Name- Pooja Bhatt
Date of Birth- 24 February 1972
Age- 48 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Kiran Bhatt
Father- Mahesh Bhatt
Sister– Alia Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt
Brother- Rahul Bhatt
Marital Status/Marriage- Divorced
Ex-Husband- Manish Makhija
Height- 5’3 approx.
Net Worth- $4 million approx.
Pooja Bhatt Biography
Pooja Bhatt is an Indian actress, director, voice over artist, model and filmmaker. She is a multi-talented actress who have proved her skills as an actress with movies like Sadak, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, Sir and a lot more. She made her acting debut at the age of 17 only with movie Daddy, which was directed by her own father Mahesh Bhatt. Pooja was one of the prominent actresses of the 90s who have worked with big Bollywood stars including Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt and Shahrukh Khan. After making her name as an actress, she later shifted into the field of direction and production. It won’t be wrong to say that both the daughter and father have made their niche very strongly in their respective fields. In this article, we’ll be talking more about Pooja Bhatt’s life, career, husband, family and more.
Pooja Bhatt Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a high class Hindu family. Her father name is Mahesh Bhatt, a prominent filmmaker of Bollywood industry and mother name is Kiran Bhatt (born as Loraine Bright). She is Gujarati descent from her father’s side and of English from her mother’s side. She is step-daughter of actress Soni Razdan (second wife of Mahesh Bhatt). Pooja has a younger brother named Rahul Bhatt, a fitness expert. Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt and writer Shaheen Bhatt are her step-sisters.
Emraan Hashmi and Hitharth Bhat are her cousins and Mukesh Bhatt is her uncle. Bhatt family is one of the most powerful families of the Bollywood industry. Almost every member of her family is associated with industry in some or another way and are doing pretty good in their respective careers.
Pooja Bhatt Boyfriend
As and when we talk about Pooja, the first thing that comes up in everyone’s mind is her controversial lip-lock picture with her father. Back in the 90s, there were so many shocking revelations about her alleged relationship with her father. We’ll talk about it further but lets’ now have a look at her rumored relationships:
Ranvir Shorey- There was a time when Ranvir and Pooja were madly in love with each other and have even stayed together in an apartment. According to some reports, they were even engaged. Though after some time, they broke up because of Ranvir’s abusive behavior. Also Pooja shared in an interview that she was in a relationship with alcoholic who used to beat her. Though Ranvir refutes the rumor saying it is all lies.
Other than Ranvir, she was also rumored to be dating some Bollywood actors including Aamir Khan, Fardeen Khan and also Bobby Deol.
Pooja Bhatt Husband
Pooja Bhatt’s love life has been always full of controversies. After several heartbreaks, she found love in VJ Manish Makhija. He is an Indian VJ and Restaurateur. Their love story was quite simple, they met each other, became best friends, and soon tied the knot within 2 months of dating each other. They walked down the aisle in 2003 but unfortunately, decided to part ways after 11 years of blissful marriage. She clarified the reason with her fans on micro-blogging site Twitter that she and Manish have decided to end their marriage mutually.
Pooja Bhatt Career
She was born in a family which have strong hold in the Bollywood industry. Somewhere she was destined to make her career in the industry. She made her acting debut at the young age of 17 with movie, Daddy which was made by her father Mahesh Bhatt. In the movie, she played the role of a soul-searching teenage girl who had not so close relationship with her alcoholic father. In no time, she became one of the prominent actress of the Bollywood industry after she did movies like Sadak, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, and Sir. She has worked with lots of Bollywood stars including Sanjay Dutt, Aamir Khan and more.
Later, she shifted to direction and have several movies to her credit as a director. The movies she has directed are Holiday, Dhokha, Kajraare, Jism 2, etc. Other than this, she has also appeared in documentary named “Sunset Bollywood” in which she spoke about Bollywood’s 1990 sensation, actor Rahul Roy. The actress have also won National Award for Tamanna in 1997.
In 2020, almost after 2 decades she return to acting with movie Sadak 2. It was a sequel to 1991 movie Sadak. The film had Alia Bhatt, Sanjay Dutt, and Aditya Roy Kapur. All in all, it won’t be wrong to say that she is a multi-talented personality who have talent in her genes.
Pooja Bhatt Controversy
- She and Mahesh Bhatt became talk of the town and was slammed by people after they shot for a magazine cover which showed her and her father Mahesh kissing each other on the lips. Later what was more shocking to people was Mahesh’s statement that “If Pooja wasn’t my daughter, I would have married her.” After this lots of controversies happened and people started speculating if both of them are in relationship. However, post this Mahesh and Pooja have never talked about it but the speculations have followed them ever since.
- In 2020, after the death of talented actor Sushant Singh Rajput, people started talking about nepotism and were slamming nepo kids, Bhatt family was no different and they also came on the radar of people. Finally Pooja broke her silence on nepotism by highlighting that her family have always supported and launched newcomers like Kangana Ranaut and many more other celebrities. But she still had to face backlash of people because of her father’s alleged relationship with Rhea Chakraborty and several tweets of Kangana blaming the Bhatts for working as Movie mafia in Bollywood.
Some Lesser Known and Interesting Facts About Pooja Bhatt
Have a look at some of the interesting facts about her:
- She is daughter of Mahesh Bhatt and Kiran Bhatt (aka Loraine Bright). She is step daughter of Soni Razdan. Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt is her step-sister and Emraan Hashmi is her cousin.
- Bollywood directors Balwant Bhatt and Nanabhai Bhatt are her uncles.
- In 1989, she made her acting debut with movie Daddy as Pooja. She has used her real name Pooja in many of her movies.
- Her first hit movie “Dil Hai Ki Maanta Nai” opposite Aamir Khan, was remake of Hollywood movie “It Happened One Night”.
- She is recipient of National Award winner, which she won for movie Tamanna.
- If not an actress, she would have been an astronaut.
- After establishing herself in the industry as an actress, she shifted to direction and have directed several movies to her credit.
- One of her movie Holiday which she directed is often confused by Akshay Kumar’s Holiday. But in Pooja’s Holiday, she casted Dino Morea and Onjolie Nair.
- She is close friend of Sharad Kapoor and often shares pictures with him on her social media account.
- Pooja is one of those actresses who has stayed ahead of time also. Once she became talk of the town after she did a nude photoshoot having paint on her body.
- She wants to make a documentary on her father’s life.