Name- Mona Lisa
Real Name- Antara Biswas
Date of Birth- 21 October 1982
Age- 38 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Ira Biswas
Father- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 59kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Antara Biswas Biography
Antara Biswas aka Monalisa is an Indian actress. She is primarily known for her work in Bhojpuri and Indian television industry. Born on 21 October 1982, she did her schooling from Julien Day School in Kolkata, India. She completed her graduation in Bachelor of Arts in Sanskrit from Ashutosh College in Kolkata. The actress rose to fame for her work in Bhojpuri movies like Shrimaan Driver Babu, Khoon Bhari Maang, Mita Deb Raavanraaj, Tulsi Bin Suna Anganwa, and more. Her popularity grew overnight after she came out of reality show Bigg Boss 10 in 2016. Post that, she worked in many television serials including “Nazar” and became the household name. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Antara Biswas aka Monalisa
- Salman Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Sridevi Kapoor is her Favorite Actress.
- Black and Red are her Favorite Colors.
- Dubai, London and Goa are her Favorite Destinations.
- Chocolates and Nog Veg are her Favorite Food.
- Dancing and Travelling are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Her real name is Antara Biswas but she chose “Mona Lisa” as her stage name on suggestion of her Uncle.
- In 1997, she started her acting career with movie “Jayate” as Aarti.
- Initially, she worked in few low budget movies before making her Bollywood debut with movie “Blackmail”.
- Then, she shifted to Bhojpuri industry where she has worked in more than 50 movies.
- She became one of the most sought after actress of the Bhojpuri industry by 2010 as reported by “The Hindu”.
- Her career’s turning point was after she appeared in reality show Bigg Boss 10 hosted by Salman Khan. Though she didn’t make it to win the show but she reached Top 6 on her own.
- Post that show, she appeared in Hindi television shows as well and became the household name after she did Star Plus’s serial “Nazar” in a negative role.
- She has worked in different languages including Hindi, Bhojpuri, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Odia, Kannada, and few more.
- During her stay in Bigg Boss 10 house as contestant, she married her long time boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajput on national television.
- In 2017, she participated in dance reality show “Nach Baliye 8” along with her husband.
Antara Biswas Family
She was born in Kolkata into a middle class Bengali family. Her mother name is Ira Biswas and father name is not known. There is no information available about her siblings. Though the actress shares close bond with her parents and often shares pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the Bhojpuri and Indian Hindi television industry.
Antara Biswas Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to her long time boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajput. They have known each other for a long period of time as they have been part of Bhojpuri industry. Eventually they became good friends and later this friendship blossomed into love. They were even thinking about getting marriage but it came as a surprise to Mona lisa when Vikrant went inside the Bigg Boss house and proposed her for marriage in the show. He decided everything in consultation with her parents and finally the couple got married on 19 January 2017 in the presence of few friends, Mona’s mother and Vikrant’s sister.
While many people speculated it as a staged marriage done for TRP, the couple refuted all those baseless rumors and stood strong with each other. They are happily married and their love can be seen in the pictures they share on their respective Instagram accounts.
Antara Biswas Career/ Movies
She started her career with several low budget movies before making her Bollywood debut with movie “Blackmail” alongside actor Ajay Devgn and Shilpa Shetty. She then turned to South Industry and has worked in many movies like Jackpot, Encounter Dayanayak, Vathiyar, Silambattam, Boni, etc. Later in 2008, she made her debut in Bhojpuri industry with movie “Bhole Shankar” and in no time, she became one of the most popular actresses of Bhojpuri. The actress has been part of many movies and have showed the audience her acting skills. Her popularity has grown to another level post her exit from Bigg Boss season 10. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Language 1997 Jayate Hindi 1998 Hamam fi Amsterdam Odia 1999 Jai Sriram Odia 2001 Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence Hindi 2002 Wrong Number Odia 2003 Top Somrat Bengali 2004 Adhikar Bengali 2004 Tauba Tauba Hindi 2004 Ab Bas! Hindi 2005 Ek Hi Bhool Hindi 2005 Jalwa: Fun in Love Hindi 2005 Jackpot Kannada 2005 Bunty Aur Babli Hindi 2005 Blackmail Hindi 2005 Bobby: Love and Lust Hindi 2006 Half Fry Hyderabadi Hindi 2007 Love Guru Hindi 2007 Kaafila Hindi 2007 Jagadam Telugu 2008 Encounter Dayanayak Kannada 2008 Money Hai Toh Honey Hai Hindi 2008 Vathiyar Tamil 2008 Nagaram Telugu 2008 Silambattam Tamil 2008 Bhole Shankar Bhojpuri 2008 Khatailal Mithailal Bhojpuri 2008 Kaha Jaiba Raja Najariya Ladaike Bhojpuri 2009 Ho Gaini Deewana Tohra Pyar Me Bhojpuri 2009 Kahan Jaiba Raja Nazariya Ladai Ke Bhojpuri 2009 Boni Telugu 2010 To the London Calling Hindi 2010 Ek Chatur Naar Hindi 2010 Royal Utsav Hindi 2010 Hamilton Palace Hindi 2010 Khoobsurat – The Beauty Hindi 2010 Meri Life Mein Uski Wife Hindi 2011 Khubsurat Naukrani Hindi 2011 Bablu Telugu 2011 Kadhalukku Maranamillai Tamil 2012 En Peyar Kumarasamy Tamil 2015 Rakhtbhoomi Bhojpuri 2017 Sarkar Raj Bhojpuri 2017 Jai Shree Ram Bhojpuri 2018 Badla Hindustani Ka Hindi 2018 Dulhan Chahi Pakistan Se 2 Bhojpuri
Antara Biswas Television Shows
Not only in Bhojpuri, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Bollywood, she is a known face of Hindi television industry as well. In 2016, she made her television debut with reality show Bigg Boss 10 as contestant and made it to the top 6 contestants in the show. Post that show, she worked in many shows like Comedy Nights Bachao, Nach Baliye 8, Divya Drishti, etc. and became the household name. Her role “Mohana Rathod” in Star Plus’s serial Nazar was loved by the audience and gave her immense popularity & fame. Here is the list of serials she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role 2016 Comedy Nights Bachao Celebrity Guest 2016–17 Bigg Boss 10 Celebrity Contestant 2017 Nach Baliye 8 Celebrity Contestant 2017 Comedy Dangal Contestant 2018 Nazar Mohana Rathod 2019 Kitchen Champion Celebrity Appearance 2019 Divya Drishti Mohana 2019 Nach Baliye 9 Guest
View this post on Instagram