Name- Mona Lisa
Real Name- Antara Biswas
Date of Birth- 21 October 1982
Age- 38 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Ira Biswas
Father- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 59kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Antara Biswas Biography
Antara Biswas aka Monalisa is an Indian actress. She is primarily known for her work in Bhojpuri and Indian television industry. Born on 21 October 1982, she did her schooling from Julien Day School in Kolkata, India. She completed her graduation in Bachelor of Arts in Sanskrit from Ashutosh College in Kolkata. The actress rose to fame for her work in Bhojpuri movies like Shrimaan Driver Babu, Khoon Bhari Maang, Mita Deb Raavanraaj, Tulsi Bin Suna Anganwa, and more. Her popularity grew overnight after she came out of reality show Bigg Boss 10 in 2016. Post that, she worked in many television serials including “Nazar” and became the household name. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Antara Biswas aka Monalisa
- Salman Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Sridevi Kapoor is her Favorite Actress.
- Black and Red are her Favorite Colors.
- Dubai, London and Goa are her Favorite Destinations.
- Chocolates and Nog Veg are her Favorite Food.
- Dancing and Travelling are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Her real name is Antara Biswas but she chose “Mona Lisa” as her stage name on suggestion of her Uncle.
- In 1997, she started her acting career with movie “Jayate” as Aarti.
- Initially, she worked in few low budget movies before making her Bollywood debut with movie “Blackmail”.
- Then, she shifted to Bhojpuri industry where she has worked in more than 50 movies.
- She became one of the most sought after actress of the Bhojpuri industry by 2010 as reported by “The Hindu”.
- Her career’s turning point was after she appeared in reality show Bigg Boss 10 hosted by Salman Khan. Though she didn’t make it to win the show but she reached Top 6 on her own.
- Post that show, she appeared in Hindi television shows as well and became the household name after she did Star Plus’s serial “Nazar” in a negative role.
- She has worked in different languages including Hindi, Bhojpuri, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Odia, Kannada, and few more.
- During her stay in Bigg Boss 10 house as contestant, she married her long time boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajput on national television.
- In 2017, she participated in dance reality show “Nach Baliye 8” along with her husband.
Antara Biswas Family
She was born in Kolkata into a middle class Bengali family. Her mother name is Ira Biswas and father name is not known. There is no information available about her siblings. Though the actress shares close bond with her parents and often shares pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the Bhojpuri and Indian Hindi television industry.
Antara Biswas Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to her long time boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajput. They have known each other for a long period of time as they have been part of Bhojpuri industry. Eventually they became good friends and later this friendship blossomed into love. They were even thinking about getting marriage but it came as a surprise to Mona lisa when Vikrant went inside the Bigg Boss house and proposed her for marriage in the show. He decided everything in consultation with her parents and finally the couple got married on 19 January 2017 in the presence of few friends, Mona’s mother and Vikrant’s sister.
While many people speculated it as a staged marriage done for TRP, the couple refuted all those baseless rumors and stood strong with each other. They are happily married and their love can be seen in the pictures they share on their respective Instagram accounts.
Antara Biswas Career/ Movies
She started her career with several low budget movies before making her Bollywood debut with movie “Blackmail” alongside actor Ajay Devgn and Shilpa Shetty. She then turned to South Industry and has worked in many movies like Jackpot, Encounter Dayanayak, Vathiyar, Silambattam, Boni, etc. Later in 2008, she made her debut in Bhojpuri industry with movie “Bhole Shankar” and in no time, she became one of the most popular actresses of Bhojpuri. The actress has been part of many movies and have showed the audience her acting skills. Her popularity has grown to another level post her exit from Bigg Boss season 10. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Language
1997 Jayate Hindi
1998 Hamam fi Amsterdam Odia
1999 Jai Sriram Odia
2001 Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence Hindi
2002 Wrong Number Odia
2003 Top Somrat Bengali
2004 Adhikar Bengali
2004 Tauba Tauba Hindi
2004 Ab Bas! Hindi
2005 Ek Hi Bhool Hindi
2005 Jalwa: Fun in Love Hindi
2005 Jackpot Kannada
2005 Bunty Aur Babli Hindi
2005 Blackmail Hindi
2005 Bobby: Love and Lust Hindi
2006 Half Fry Hyderabadi Hindi
2007 Love Guru Hindi
2007 Kaafila Hindi
2007 Jagadam Telugu
2008 Encounter Dayanayak Kannada
2008 Money Hai Toh Honey Hai Hindi
2008 Vathiyar Tamil
2008 Nagaram Telugu
2008 Silambattam Tamil
2008 Bhole Shankar Bhojpuri
2008 Khatailal Mithailal Bhojpuri
2008 Kaha Jaiba Raja Najariya Ladaike Bhojpuri
2009 Ho Gaini Deewana Tohra Pyar Me Bhojpuri
2009 Kahan Jaiba Raja Nazariya Ladai Ke Bhojpuri
2009 Boni Telugu
2010 To the London Calling Hindi
2010 Ek Chatur Naar Hindi
2010 Royal Utsav Hindi
2010 Hamilton Palace Hindi
2010 Khoobsurat – The Beauty Hindi
2010 Meri Life Mein Uski Wife Hindi
2011 Khubsurat Naukrani Hindi
2011 Bablu Telugu
2011 Kadhalukku Maranamillai Tamil
2012 En Peyar Kumarasamy Tamil
2015 Rakhtbhoomi Bhojpuri
2017 Sarkar Raj Bhojpuri
2017 Jai Shree Ram Bhojpuri
2018 Badla Hindustani Ka Hindi
2018 Dulhan Chahi Pakistan Se 2 Bhojpuri
Antara Biswas Television Shows
Not only in Bhojpuri, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Bollywood, she is a known face of Hindi television industry as well. In 2016, she made her television debut with reality show Bigg Boss 10 as contestant and made it to the top 6 contestants in the show. Post that show, she worked in many shows like Comedy Nights Bachao, Nach Baliye 8, Divya Drishti, etc. and became the household name. Her role “Mohana Rathod” in Star Plus’s serial Nazar was loved by the audience and gave her immense popularity & fame. Here is the list of serials she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role
2016 Comedy Nights Bachao Celebrity Guest
2016–17 Bigg Boss 10 Celebrity Contestant
2017 Nach Baliye 8 Celebrity Contestant
2017 Comedy Dangal Contestant
2018 Nazar Mohana Rathod
2019 Kitchen Champion Celebrity Appearance
2019 Divya Drishti Mohana
2019 Nach Baliye 9 Guest
View this post on Instagram