Name- KL Rahul
Real Name- Kannur Lokesh Rahul
Date of Birth- 18 April 1992
Age- 28 years(as in 2020)
Father- KN Lokesh
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’11 approx.
Weight- 70kg approx.
Net Worth- US$4million approx.
Salary- Retainer Fee- INR 5 Crore Approx.
Test- INR 15 Lakhs Approx.
ODI- INR 6 Lakhs Approx.
T20- INR 3 Lakhs Approx.
K L Rahul Biography
K L Rahul is an Indian cricketer. He is primarily a top-order batsman and wicket keeper known for playing consequently well in limited overs cricket with great potential. Born on 18 April 1992, he did his schooling from NITK English Medium School in Surathkal. He completed his graduation in Bachelor of Commerce from Sri Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain College in Bengaluru. When many people believe it is impossible to find a perfect balance between sports and studies, KL Rahul did not only excelled in sports but also went on to complete his graduation. He started playing cricket at the age of 11 and followed his passion for cricket since that day to the very day he got cemented in the Indian International team. The star has already shown that he can live up to the billing with having high goals for himself in his cricket career. He is amongst the best cricketer that India has for various challenging overseas cricket seasons and formats.
Favorite Things of KL Rahul
- Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan are his Favorite Actors.
- Kareena Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, and Aishwarya Bachchan are his Favorite Actresses.
- Rahul Dravid, AB de Villiers, and Virat Kohli are his Favorite Batsmen.
- Dale Steyn and Mitchell Starc are his Favorite Bowlers.
- Sushi and Bhindi Curry are his Favorite Food.
- Black, White and Blue are his Favorite Colors.
- Greece and Spain are his Favorite Destinations.
- Football and Tennis are his Favorite Sports.
- Travelling, Listening to music and Tattooing are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He loves tattoos and has inked many tattoos on his body. Even he admits that he is addicted to tattoos and would love to have more in future.
- In cricket, Rahul admires legendary cricketer Rahul Dravid and shares good rapport with him.
Facts About KL Rahul
- He was born into a middle class family from a teaching background.
- His father was a big fan of Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar and wanted to name his son after Sunil’s son. But he mistook Rohan Gavaskar’s first name as Rahul.
- At the age of 11, he started playing cricket along with volleyball, hockey, football at his school level. But his interest was more towards cricket so he chose cricket as his first priority.
- Later at the age of 17, he moved to Bangalore and there he joined Bangalore United Cricket Club.
- In the initial phase of his cricket career, he represented Karnataka at U-13, U-15, U-17, and U-23 levels before featuring into the Ranji team.
- In 2010, he made his memorable first class debut for Karnataka and impressed everyone with his amazing knock of 61 against Punjab.
- Karnataka has produced many star cricketers over the years who have served wonderfully but no other than KL Rahul, has ever hit a triple century in first class match.
- During 2014-15 Ranji Trophy, he scored 337 off 448 against Uttar Pradesh.
- He played a crucial role in Karnataka’s victory in 2014-15 Ranji Trophy. The star cricketer had scored 1033 runs which included 3 centuries, 3 nineties and Man of the Match performance in the final.
- Owing to his amazing performance in domestic cricket, he got the chance to get into the Indian international team in 2014 Boxing Day Test coordinate.
- He had a poor debut match where he scored just 3 &1. Though his 2nd test was memorable for him and he got to retain his position in the team for 4th Test which was played at Sydney Cricket ground. He opened the match innings with cricketer Murali Vijay and scored 110 runs to his name.
- 2014 was a lucky year for him where he got plenty of attention. And in the same year, he was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for a whopping amount of Rs.1 crore.
- If not a cricketer, he would have been a soldier.
- He is considered amongst the top rated batsmen of India who has named many records to his name in his cricketing career.
- In an interview to Times of India, Dale Steyn predicted about KL Rahul while he was playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad,
KL Rahul is, in my opinion, a man destined to play for India. He hasn’t quite scored the runs he would have liked this year, but I’ve seen a few batsmen in my career and he is serious class.
KL Rahul Family
He was born in Mangalore, Karnataka, India into a middle Hindu family. His father name is KN Lokesh, former associate professor at Mangalore University and mother name is Rajeshwari, former History professor. He has an elder sister named Bhavna. The cricketer shares close bond with his family and often shares amazing pictures with them on his Instagram account. He has made his family proud by being one of the talented cricketers of India who has made the team proud on International level.
KL Rahul Girlfriend/ Wife
He is dating Bollywood actress Athiya Shetty. The rumors of the same have been doing rounds for a long time but they have never accepted their relationship in public. And then on Athiya’s 27th birthday, Rahul posted a picture of Athiya on his Instagram account which put an end to all the rumors. In the picture, he can’t seem to take his eyes off from her. However, despite their PDA, the two have never confirmed their relationship but it seems they have made their relationship Insta official.
Though before dating Athiya, his name has linked with many beauties including Elixir Nahar (model), Nidhi Aggarwal and Sonam Bajwa(Actress).
KL Rahul Career
He started his cricket career at the age of 11 and made his first class debut in 2011-12 season. In the same year, he got the chance to represent India in U-19 World Cup squad. However, he was dropped from the domestic team during 2012-13 season but made major comeback in 2014 when he scored 1,033 first class runs becoming the second highest scorer of that season. Later in 2014-15 Ranji Trophy, he impressed everyone with his performance and grabbed many eyeballs on him for his amazing performance. Also, he became the first triple-centurian of Karnataka who scored 337 runs against Uttar Pradesh.
KL Rahul’s International Debut
He has earmarked as the big thing in Indian cricket and has already shown everyone that he can live up to the billing. Here are the times when he made his International debut in different cricket formats:
- Test- On 26 December 2014 against Australia at Melbourne.
- ODI- On 11 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare.
- T20I- On 18 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare.
KL Rahul’s Shine to Glory
His career’s turning point came after he scored 185 off 233 balls in the first innings and 130 off 152 in the second innings and became the Man of the Match. Since then he grew higher on his career and the world has seen his performance and potential on the ground.
KL Rahul Records
He has made various records to his name in his cricket career. Have a look at few of his records:
- During the 2013-14 domestic season, he scored 1,033 first-class runs and was the second highest scorer of that season.
- In 2014-15 Duleep Trophy, he scored 185 off 233 balls in the first innings and 130 off 152 in the second innings and became the Man of the Match .
- In the 2014 Boxing Day Test match in Sydney, he made 110 runs and made his first international century.
- In 2016, he made his first one day international and again scored century and became the first Indian cricketer to do so in his debut.
- In 2017, he became the first Indian and 6th overall cricketer to score 7 consecutive test fifties.
- In April 2019, he was in the Indian squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cut and he again scored century in a match against Sri-Lanka in the series.
- Made fastest IPL fifty against Delhi Daredevils in 2018 at PCA Stadium in Mohali.
- He became the 1st Indian and 10th overall cricketer who was dismissed by hit-wicket in T20 Internationals.
KL Rahul IPL
He started his IPL career playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2013 but was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for the following IPL season. He got limited chance in 2 seasons with SRH and played only 20 games where he scored 539 runs at an average of 26.95. Then again in 2016, he came back into RCB and finished the season as 11th highest run scorer. For his performance in 2016 IPL season, he was named as wicket keeper in the Cricinfo and Cricbuzz IPL XI. In 2017, he missed the season owing to his shoulder injury and then made his comeback with Kings XI Punjab in 2018 IPL season. Ahead of 2020, he captained team Kings XI Punjab after the former captain Ravichandran Ashwin was traded to Dehli Capitals.
KL Rahul Controversy
He has made headlines in the news for some of his controversies. Have a look at few controversies he has been part of:
- In January 2019, Rahul was invited on Coffee with Karan along with Hardik Pandya and their comments in the show led to a massive controversy. Later they were suspended by the Board of Cricket Control. This was a major setback in Rahul’s career.
- During Caribbean match test series in 2016, K L Rahul posted a picture on twitter where he was found holding a beer with other team-mates but it did not go well with the Indian Cricket board. However Rahul immediately deleted the photo after BCCI’s objection but managed to get into the controversy.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram