Name- Kane Richardson
Full Name- Kane William Richardson
Date of Birth- 12 February 1991
Age- 29 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Brother- Callan Richardson
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Nyki Kitching
Height- 6’3 approx.
Weight- 70kg approx.
Net Worth- US$1.5million approx.
Kane Richardson Biography
Kane William Richardson is an Australian International cricketer. He is primarily known as a right-arm fast bowler from South Australia. Born on 12 February 1991, he completed his education from his hometown in Australia. He started playing cricket for Australia and was part of U19 World Cup for Australian squad including Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood, and Alister McDermott. Kane played just 3 matches and impressed everyone with his bat as well as ball with vital contribution of highest 44 runs and 6 wickets. He was then picked up by Adelaide Strikers for the 2010-11 Big Bash and has played for them since then. Over the years, he has established a place for himself in Australia’s white bowling unit as an skilled bowler, batsmen and athletic fielder.
Facts About Kane Richardson
- He is an Australian International cricketer who has played domestic cricket for South Australia and Melbourne Renegades.
- He is popularly known as Richo who has started playing domestic cricket for South Australia. In 2010, he was picked up by Australian U19 World cup team along with Nic Maddinson, Josh Hazlewood, and Mitchell Marsh. He performed well with his bat and ball too.
- Owing to his good performance in the U-19 world cup, he was signed up for Big Bash season 2010-11 and has been a consistent performer for the strikers since then.
- In 2011, he made his first class debut against Queensland and performed amazingly well by picking up wickets of top 3 batsmen with giving only 11 runs on board. He finished the bowling innings with 4/79 figures and made 25 in the first innings.
- On 13 January 2013, he made his International cricket debut as the replacement of injured Mitchell Starc. His bowling was impressive where he bowled 3 maiden overs in his 6 over spell but was removed by the umpire for repeatedly running on the field in his follow through.
- Later, he was forced to remodel his follow through till rest of the season but meanwhile, he continued impressing everyone on the domestic cricket.
- His career’s one of the most impressive performance came in 2016 against team India where he dominated Indian batsmen by picking up 5 crucial wickets with figures 5/68. He even became Man of The Match for turning the game upside down.
- In 2013, he was bought by Pune Warriors for $700,000 in Indian Premier League becoming the third highest price player and played only 3 matches for Pune Warriors.
- In 2014, he played for Rajasthan Royals where he played 7 matches and took 11 wickets for the team. But later withdrew from the next season due to personal reasons.
- He has represented many teams in his career including Australia, Striker, Australia U19, South Australia, Rajasthan Royals, Pune Warriors, Royal Challengers Bangalore, etc.
- In 2020, he played in Indian Premier League for Royal Challengers Bangalore along with players like Dale Steyn, Umesh Yadav, Virat Kohli, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, AB De Villiars, etc.
Kane Richardson Family
He was born in Eudunda, South Australia into a middle class Christian family. He spent much of his childhood in Darwin but later moved to South Australia to play cricket. There is not much information available about his family. His parents name are not known. Though he has a brother whose name is Callan Richardson who is also a cricketer. He has represented Northern Territory U19s. Here is Kane’s wedding video with his wife Nyki along with their family members.
Kane Richardson Wife
He is married to his long time girlfriend Nyki Kitching. They got hitched in Adelaide Hills in a stylish affair accompanied by close family and friends. Their wedding was quite an intimate affair which took place in April 2018.
Kane Richardson Career
He started his cricket career playing for Australia and represented his state first time in 2009 in KFC T20 Big Bash against Queensland. Later, he was picked up by the domestic ODI squad and played for U-19 World Cup Australian squad. He played only three matches and picked 6 wickets making his team win the tournament under Mitchell Marsh. His first breakthrough season was during 2012-13 Ryobi Cup where he took 21 wickets in only 6 matches making his way to the national team.
Kane Richardson Debut
Kane is a talented fast bowler who has made most out of the opportunities to prove himself one of the most promising assets for his team. Owing to his performances on the domestic field, he made his International debut as follows:
- ODI- 13 January 2013 against Sri Lanka.
- T20I- 5 October 2014 against Pakistan.
Kane William Richardson Shine to Success
He is known mainly for his ability of tight bowling in shorter formats of the game. Right from the day he made his international debut to the day he played, Kane has grown significantly higher in his career. But eventually, he rose to fame for his performance against India in 2016 at Canberra. He took 5 wickets and gave only 68 runs leading his team to victory. Later in 2017, he came out as one of the shining performers from Australian team’s dismissal tour of India.
Kane Richardson Low Points
His ability to bowl at any stage of innings makes him the asset for his team. However, being an active player, he faced his career’s low points mainly through injuries. He had got some back problems which affected his consistency in his career. Also, he has been sometimes overlooked because of Australia’s 4 fast bowlers including Mitchell Starc, Josh, Pat Cummins and James.
Kane Richardson Records/ Best Performances
Have a look at some of his best performances in cricket.
- 2015/16- Took 5 (68 runs) wickets against team India in ODI match at Manuka Oval, Canberra.
- 2012/13- Took 3 (9 runs) wickets against team Sydney Thunder in T20 at Stadium Australia, Sydney.
- 2014/15- Took 1 (12 runs) wicket against team Pakistan in T20I at Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
- 2012/13- Took 4 (34 runs) wickets against team Tasmania in FC at Bellerive Oval, Hobart.
- 2012/13-Took 6 (48 runs) wickets against team Queensland in LA at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.
Kane Richardson IPL Career
In 2013, he was bought up by Pune Warriors in auction for $700,000 and played only three matches for the team. Later in 2014, he was bought up by Rajasthan Royals and got more success with them by ending the season with 11 wickets out of 7 matches he played. However in 2015, he withdrew from the tournament due to some personal reasons and later in 2020, he played for Royal Challengers Bangalore under the captaincy of Virat Kohli.