Name- Gurkeerat Singh Mann
Date of Birth- 29 June 1990
Age- 29 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Rupinder Singh Mann
Sister– Sanman Sandhu
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’9 approx.
Weight- 70kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Salary- Rs75 Lakhs approx. (IPL)
Gurkeerat Singh Mann Biography
Gurkeerat Singh Mann is an Indian Cricketer. He is primarily known as a right-handed batsmen and off break bowler. Born on 29 June 1990, he did his schooling from The Yadavindra Public School in Mohali, Punjab. He completed his graduation from DAV College in Chandigarh, Punjab. Following his impressive performance in domestic season, he rose to limelight in 2015 after he hit 9 fours and 2 sixes in his knock playing against Australia A in Triangular series. After his all round good performance on the ground, he was selected in team India for one day series in 2016 against Australia.
Facts About Gurkeerat Singh Mann
- MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh and Virat Kohli are his Favorite Cricketers.
- Always aspired to make his career in the cricket, he started playing cricket at the age of 10 years only.
- In 2011, he played his first T20 against Haryana in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy for “Punjab cricket team”.
- On 24 December 2014, he made unbeaten 73 runs chasing 205 and made his team win the match. His highest score in first class cricket is 201.
- Later in 2015, he made unbeaten 87 runs in Triangular series against Australia A making his team win the title by hitting 9 fours and 2 sixes.
- Following his amazing performance on the domestic field, he got the chance to get selected in Indian team squad for 5 match ODI series against South Africa.
- Though he made his ODI debut against team Australia in 3rd ODI of 2016 in Melbourne.
- Being an all-rounder, he scored double century against Railways playing for Punjab in 2015-16 Ranji Trophy season. Also, he picked 9 wickets for “Punjab” against “Andhra”.
- He has played in Indian Premier League for Kings XI Punjab from 2012 to 2017. Later in 2018, he was bought up by Delhi Daredevils.
- He received the award for “Best Catch of the Season” for amazing catch of Ross Taylor in 2013 playing in Indian Premier League for Kings XI Punjab.
- In 2019, he played for Royal Challengers Bangalore along with cricketers like Shivam Dube, Mohammed Siraj, Prayas Ray Barman, Tim Southee, etc.
- Apart from being an amazing all-rounder, he is an occasional wicketkeeper as well.
- The cricketer is very fond of tattoos and owns many tattoo on his body.
Gurkeerat Singh Mann Family
He was born in Mukstar, Punjab, India into a middle class Punjabi family. His father name is Rupinder Singh Mann who worked at Punjab Mandi Board in Mohali and mother name is not known. He has an elder sister named Sanman Sandhu. The star cricketer shares close bond with his family and often shares amazing pictures with them on his Instagram account. He has made his family proud by being one of the known cricketers of India.
Gurkeerat Singh Mann Wife/ Girlfriend
He is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, he is focusing entirely on his cricket career. Despite being one of the rising star cricketer of Indian team, there is no buzz of him dating anyone. He has lots of female friends but none of them are his love interest.
Gurkeerat Singh Mann Career
He started his cricket career playing for Punjab in Indian domestic cricket. He is a regular player in India A team and also represented North Zone in Duleep Trophy and Deodhar Trophy. More often than not, he played vital role in winning lots of matches for India A and made some amazing records. Following his astonishing performance in Ranji Trophy, Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Triangular series, etc. he got the chance to get selected in International Indian team squad in 2016.
Gurkeerat Singh Mann Shine To Glory
He rose to fame after he played crucial role in Triangular series among India A, South Africa A and Australia A. He came to bat when India’s score was 82 for 5 playing against Australia (227) and went on to win the match owing to his amazing performance for team being unbeaten at 87 off 81. Also in 2015-16 Ranji Trophy season, he scored double century against Railways and in next match took crucial 9 wickets against Andhra. These amazing performances earned him a position in Indian team for home series against South Africa in 2016.
Gurkeerat Singh Mann IPL
He made his IPL debut in 2012 playing for Kings XI Punjab from 2012 to 2017. In 2013, he even won Best Catch of the season award. In 2018, he was bought up by Delhi Daredevils for Rs.75 Lakhs. But next year, he was released by them and picked up by Royal Challengers Bangalore under Virat Kohli’s captaincy. Over the years, he has played some notable matches for various teams he has been part of.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram