Name- Aaron Finch
Date of Birth- 17 November 1986
Age- 34 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Sue Finch
Father- Gary Finch
Sister– Jess Finch
Brother- Mat Finch
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Amy Griffths
Height- 5’8 approx.
Weight- 75kg approx.
Net Worth- US$5.5 million approx.
Aaron Finch Biography
Aaron Finch is an Australian International cricketer. He is primarily known as an aggressive right-handed batsman who can bat big shots in limited over cricket. Born on 17 November 1986, he completed his education from his hometown in Australia. He started his cricket journey playing for ‘Colac West Cricket Club’ and in 2016, he represented Australia in U-19 Cricket World Cup. After his consistence performances in domestic cricket, he made his international debut for Australian team against England. Initially, he struggled to make his place in the team but with time, he stabilized his performance and became one of the best players of his team who can play amazingly well in limited overs format. He has lots of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely for his cricketing skills.
Facts About Aaron Finch
- He started his career by playing Australian rule football as a young boy.
- Initially, he was a wicket-keeper batsmen but later turned into top order batsmen.
- In 2006, he represented team Australia in U-19 World Cup.
- He made his first class debut at the age of 21 for Victoria against India at Junction Oval, Melbourne.
- On 12 January 2011, he made his T20I debut and scored unbeaten 15 runs against team England at Adelaide. But unfortunately Australia lost that game.
- Known as a beefy & aggressive batsman, he has lost most of his chances due to his on and off performance consistency. And so, after making his T20I debut, he had to wait for almost 1 year to make his permanent place in the team.
- After 2 years on 11 January 2013, he got another opportunity and made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka in Melbourne. Again, he could not leave an impression and got out after scoring only 16 runs.
- In the same year on 29th August, he entered the history books after he scored magnificently amazing 156 runs in just 63 balls. This is currently recorded as one of the highest individual score in T20I cricket.
- After his consistence performance in the cricket, he was selected in Australian squad for World Cup 2015. In his first match against team England, he scored 135 runs helping his team win the match by great margin of 111 runs. This was his debut in World Cup and he became Man of The Match for his performance.
- Later in July 2014, he played along with cricket legends like Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, and Brian Lara for MCC side in Bicentenary Celebration match at Lord’s. He had scored unbeaten 181 which led MCC XI to won the match by 7 wickets.
- Despite being an important player of his team, he got to made his test debut after many years on 7 October 2018 against team Pakistan.
- Along with Australia, he has played for various teams including Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Pune Warriors, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Melbourne Renegades in BBL, Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Victoria in Sheffield Shield.
- In 2020, he played in Indian Premier League for RCB along with players like Yuzvendra Chahal, Chris Morris, Kane Richardson, Dale Steyn and more.
Aaron Finch Family
He was born in Colac, Victoria, Australia into a middle class Christian family. His father name is Gary Finch and mother name is Sue Finch. He has a brother named Mat Finch and a sister named Jess Finch. The cricketer shares close bond with his family and often shares amazing pictures with them on his Instagram account. He has made his family proud by being one of the talented cricketers of Australian team.
Aaron Finch Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his girlfriend Amy Griffths. He announced his engagement news on Instagram and made his relation official. The couple then got married on 7 April 2018. They are happily married and often shares pictures together on their respective social media accounts. However, before marrying Amy, he was dating an Indian girl who used to live in Mumbai but their relationship didn’t last and they moved on in their respective lives after dating for 1 year.
Aaron Finch Domestic Career
He started his cricket career as a wicket-keeper playing for ‘Colac West Cricket Club’. In 2006, he was selected for U-19 cricket world cup. Later in 2009/10, he made his maiden first class century against Tasmania. With his consistence performances, he got the chance to captained Melbourne Renegades in Big Bash League and became League’s player of the Year. Following his performances, he then joined Yorkshire County Cricket Club after 2 years and became the first player who scored 1000 runs in Big Bash League in the year 2015.
Aaron Finch International Debut
Initially, he struggled to make his place in the team but with time, he stabilized his cricket performance and became an important player for the team. Now, he is one of the best openers Australia has produced over the years. He made his International debut as:
- ODI- 11 January 2013 against Sri Lanka in Melbourne
- T20I- 12 January 2011 against England in Adelaide
- Test- 7 October 2018 against Pakistan
Aaron Finch Records
His hard hitting abilities has made him one of the best players of Australia. Following are the records made by him:
- Made highest score in International T20 match with scores of 156 runs in just 63 balls.
- Made 3rd fastest century in just 47 balls in T20I format.
- Shares record for hitting highest numbers of 4s (14 fours against India) along with Herschelle Gibbs.
- Record of hitting fastest half century by Australian player in ODI with 50 runs in just 18 balls.
- Made the highest individual score in T20I at the age of 32 in 2018.
Aaron Finch IPL
Over the years, he has played for various teams in Indian Premier League. He was first bought by Rajasthan Royals in 2010 but for next season, he was picked up by team Delhi Daredevils for heavy price of 300,000 USD. After 2 seasons, he was bought by Pune Warriors and then by Sunrisers Hyderabad, Mumbai Indian respectively. In 2020, he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore and has played under the captaincy of Virat Kohli.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
What a ride it’s been over the last few weeks of #cwc19. Very disappointed that we weren’t able to make it through to another World Cup final but I’m incredibly proud of our whole group of players and coaches. We have come a long way in the last 6 months and we will continue to work as hard as we can to improve as players and individuals. Thank you to everyone for the wonderful support we had. Good luck to @kane_s_w and @eoinmorgan16 and their teams tomorrow in the final!