Name- Srabanti Chatterjee
Date of Birth- 13 August 1987
Age- 33 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Gouranga Chatterjee
Sister– Smita Chatterjee
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Roshan Singh
Son- Abhimanyu Chatterjee
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 60kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Srabanti Chatterjee Biography
Srabanti Chatterjee is an Indian actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Bengali industry. Born on 13 August 1987, she did her schooling from Sarada Vidyapith Girls High School in Kolkata, India. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Kabita” in super hit movie Champion opposite actor Jeet. But she became household name after she did movie Buno Haansh in 2014. The movie was a big hit and gave her immense popularity and fame on the work front. In no time, she became one of the talented and known actresses of the industry. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Srabanti Chatterjee
- Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are her Favorite Actors.
- Anushka Sharma, Sushmita Sen and Kajol Devgan are her Favorite Actresses.
- Harsh Beniwal is her Favorite Comedian.
- Jubin Nautiyal is her Favorite Singer.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli are her Favorite Cricketers.
- Black, Pink and Blue are her Favorite Colors.
- In 1997, she made her acting debut as a child artist with Bengali movie Mayor Badhon.
- Then in 2003, she debuted as a main lead actress with movie Champion where she did the role of Kabita. The movie was a hit and her performance in the same was appreciated by everyone.
- Her career’s breakthrough role was “Sohag” in movie Buno Haansh. This movie did extremely well and she got lots of praise for her acting. She even won an award for the movie.
- The actress has worked in various movies including Shudhu Tomari Jonyo, Shikari, Sesh Sangbad, Bhaijaan Elo Re, Jodi Ekdin, Teko, etc. and became one of the successful actresses of the industry.
- Apart from movies, she has also been part of several tv and reality shows like Dance Bangla Dance Junior Season 9, Dance Bangla Dance Junior Season 10, Dance Dance Junior, Sudhu Tomari Jonne, Golper Nayika, etc.
- The actress has won several awards as well for her performances in the movies.
- She is one of the successful actresses of Bengali cinema but her love life has not been really good as she got married twice before meeting the love of her life. In an interview, she said,
I have been in relationships earlier but there was so much bitterness in both the previous relationships.
Srabanti Chatterjee Family
She was born in Kolkata, India into a middle class Hindu family. Her father name is Gouranga Chatterjee and mother name is not known. She has a sister named Smita Chatterjee. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the Bengali industry.
Srabanti Chatterjee Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to a cabin crew supervisor Roshan Singh. They met each other through common friends and became good friends. After some time, they started liking each other and fell in love. But since it is Srabanti’s 3rd relationship, she didn’t hush for anything and gave enough time to get to know each other before making anything official. And after being sure about him, they tied the knot in the year 2019. The couple is very much in love with each other and it can be seen through the pictures that they share on their respective Instagram accounts.
Before marrying Roshan, her first marriage lasted 13 years with film director Rajiv Kumar Biswas. They even have a son together named Abhimanyu Chatterjee. But after sometime, they got divorced mutually in 2016. She then married model Krishan Vraj but it as well ended up within a year in 2017 after having compatibility issues.
Srabanti Chatterjee Career/ Movies
Always aspired to make her career in the acting field, she made her debut as a child artist with movie Mayor Badhon in 1997. Later in 2003, she appeared in movie Champion as Kabita in the main lead. The movie worked well at the box office and she instantly got recognition for her work in it. Subsequently, she did many movies including Bhalobasa Bhalobasa, Dujone, Wanted, Amanush, Josh, Sedin Dekha Hoyechilo, etc. but became household name after doing “Buno Haansh” opposite actor Jeet. The movie became very successful giving her limelight and popularity. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has given many hit movies at the box office.
Other than movies, she has also worked in various television shows like Chhadmabeshi, Shortcut Prem, Golper Nayika, Sudhu Tomari Jonne, and a lot more. With her dedication and hard work, she established a strong place for herself in the industry. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Co-Star
1997 Mayar Badhon Maya Prosenjit Chatterjee, Rituparna Sengupta
2003 Champion Kabita Jeet
2008 Bhalobasa Bhalobasa Priya Hiran
2009 Dujone Meghna Dev
2010 Wanted Puja Jeet
2010 Amanush Riya Soham Chakraborty
2010 Josh Anuradha/Anu Jeet
2010 Sedin Dekha Hoyechilo Nandini Dev
2011 Fighter Indu Jeet
2011 Faande Poriya Boga Kaande Re Mishti Soham Chakraborty
2012 Idiot Anjali Ankush Hazra
2013 Deewana Shruti Jeet
2013 Kanamachi Nayana Ankush Hazra, Abir Chatterjee, Saayoni Ghosh
2013 Goynar Baksho Chaitali/ Young Rashmoni Moushumi Chatterjee, Konkona Sen Sharma
2013 Majnu Meghna Hiran
2014 Bindaas Anjali Dev, Sayantika Banerjee
2014 Buno Haansh Sohag Dev, Tanusree Chakraborty
2015 Katmundu Pallabi Abir Chatterjee, Soham Chakraborty, Mimi Chakraborty, Rudranil Ghosh
2015 Shudhu Tomari Jonyo Nayantara Sen Dev, Soham Chakraborty, Mimi Chakraborty
2016 Shikari Chhutki/ Riya Shakib Khan
2016 Sesh Sangbad Sharmistha Dulal Lahiri, Pradip Mukherjee, Partha Sarathi
2017 Jio Pagla Priya Jisshu Sengupta, Hiran, Soham Chakraborty, Bonny Sengupta, Payel Sarkar, Koushani Mukherjee, Rittika Sen
2018 Uma Mariyam Jisshu Sengupta, Sayantika Banerjee
2018 Bhaijaan Elo Re Hiya Shakib Khan
2018 Piya Re Riya Soham Chakraborty
2018 Drishyantar Roopsha Vickey Deb, Indrani Halder
2018 Bagh Bandi Khela Jayanti Soham Chakraborty, Prosenjit Chatterjee, Jeet, Sayantika Banerjee, Rittika Sen
2019 Jodi Ekdin Aritri Tahsan Khan, Taskeen Rahman
2019 Googly Dali Soham Chakraborty
2019 Bhootchakra Pvt. Ltd. Ranja Soham Chakraborty, Bonny Sengupta, Gaurav Chakraborty, Rittika Sen
2019 Teko Mina Ritwick Chakraborty
2020 Uraan Poulami Saheb Bhattacharjee
2020 Hullor Kuhu Soham Chakraborty
2020 Birpurush TBA Swastika Mukherjee, Payel Sarkar
2020 Chobiyal TBA Saswata Chatterjee
2020 Nabajiban Bima Company TBA Soham Chakraborty
2020 Ajob Premer Golpo TBA Bonny Sengupta
2020 Kaberi Antardhaan TBA Prosenjit Chatterjee
Srabanti Chatterjee Awards
The actress has won several awards for her performance in the movies. Here are few:
- 2014- Won Tele Cine Awards “Best Juti With Dev” for movie Buno Haansh.
- 2015- Won Star Jalsha Paribar Awards “Best Juti Movies With Dev” for movie Bindaas.
- 2017- Won Kalakar Awards “Queen of Tollywood” for movie Shikari.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram